"Bouknight might be the best scorer in college basketball" | The Boneyard

"Bouknight might be the best scorer in college basketball"

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Whoever we play, whenever we play, .....

Bouk ----->

1613673272716.png

The classic song by Joe Esposito - "Your the best around !"

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
thoughts on a snowy day:
what if james and paige lead their squads to national championships, and collect 'best players in the land' awards? beyond cool. supercool. it could happen, ya know. full stop.
thoughts on a snowy day.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
thoughts on a snowy day:
what if james and paige lead their squads to national championships, and collect 'best players in the land' awards? beyond cool. supercool. it could happen, ya know. full stop.
thoughts on a snowy day.
During the last two W’s I’ve enjoyed ‘Roni - mush ‘Za. This will be my order going forward for all UConn games. Full stop.

Reaction Score
Feels good going into these last few games of the season knowing that our #1 guy is better than the oppositions #1 guy

Reaction Score
I was in Tampa in '99. But watching the replay I remember the call from Billy Packer (Mr. ACC): "Richard Hamilton has been the scorer of this tournament."

So true and so satisfying. Best team and best player -- we really had arrived.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The phrase “full stop” has really caught on in recent years. I believe it is a typewriter reference?

I thought it was an FAA/ATC reference for directing traffic at airports.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As far as Bouk being "best scorer", I'm sure there are more out there, but it's reassuring when so many people watch him for the first time and all can see he has a special knack for getting the ball in the hoop and how effortlessly it looks when he does it.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
AKA. Period. End of story.

Yup, I understand the meaning but was curious about the origin of the phrase, and why it feels like overnight it was downloaded into the American lexicon.

Reaction Score
He's not a slouch at the defensive end either. He just needs to get even stronger so guys can't push him off and discard him as easily.

I think some people who don't watch UConn much (especially with his absence making it tougher don't realize is how hard he plays defensively. I think his low key style sometimes masks his effort. When he and Jackson are on the floor together, they could really get under the skin of some of the team's future opponents. Throw Whaley behind them and a really good defensive team could be even better.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
james on d? check out that play tuesday where rj is tight guarding on a drive, fouls him, they tumble, while james flew in to erase the shot. sitting on the floor at impact, rj looks back at james with a 'where the heck did you come from?' 'you can do that, too?' look. rhythm rebuild ain't just an offensive thing. when players get a feel for the routine of their shotblockers behind them (in this case, in front of them, as james came from around the stripe while the block came closer to the baseline), their fouls go down.
james on d? instinct gold.

Reaction Score
Didn't his first touch after injury come on a steal?
it was a steal in that Whaley stole the ball and then Bouknight picked it up. But yeah. He's good on d when locked in

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The phrase “full stop” has really caught on in recent years. I believe it is a typewriter reference?
Full Stop may reference the printing (and newspaper reporter transcription) term calling for the now obsolete double space following a sentence. That also applied to typing, so you might be on to something.
Or you might not.

Reaction Score
thoughts on a snowy day:
thoughts on a snowy day.
Sorry bro, but the calendar year doesn't end in a 4 so it isn't happening

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom