Bouknight is becoming the guy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight is becoming the guy

Reaction Score
Great back to back games from Bouk. Now we need him to get going in the first half. Next year will be promising becuase we have at least one scorer.

Reaction Score
Down 2 with 30 seconds left, he goes iso and drains a jumper to tie the game. You don't see freshmen do that kind of stuff.

I'm more impressed with the FTs to take the lead in overtime, especially after we left a ton of points at the foul line down the stretch.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
You can definitely see that the switch has flipped. Much more confident and in control

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another illustration of how Bouknight is the man now. He takes a blow with 10:47 left UConn up 3. When he gets back in at the 8 min timeout, UConn is down 4. He's clearly the difference.

Reaction Score
The way he handled the ball in crunch time he looked like a point guard which is what he is likely to become in the NBA. I’d rather see him with the ball because even when covered he can get some type of shot off, with his ability to elevate and hang in air.

Reaction Score
He's doing this against Juniors and Seniors. He has figured out D1 ball, and knows he belongs.
Correct. In fact, after his outburst at Tulsa, he was picked out in the scouting report and Cumberland was assigned to "take him out of the game". Couldn't do it. THAT, was impressive. Next we may see him doubled teamed in certain situations. He is a marked man going forward, but I get the feeling that he will handle it well.

Reaction Score
The way he handled the ball in crunch time he looked like a point guard which is what he is likely to become in the NBA. I’d rather see him with the ball because even when covered he can get some type of shot off, with his ability to elevate and hang in air.
He took multiple shots today where his shot was blocked, once in the corner, another a pull up around the free throw line, but he kept firing. The last two games with open looks behind the arc he's begun to make them. Driving to the basket he has great ability to switch hands and use the rim to guard against defenders to get the shot off. He seems to be in the right place at the right time more and more. Loved to see him battling down low for position to rebound.

Reaction Score
The level of difficulty on this shot is insane.
How? He hit way harder shots in the game than that. For reference his up and under using the rim to shield defenders. This was a three with a flat footed defender who lunged last second to attempt defense. By this take, Cinci hit a few of these as well. Nothing insane about it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I do not think he is becoming the guy anymore. He is the guy. I kept telling my wife throughout the 2nd half that UConn's offense should solely be run through Bouknight. Just keep feeding him. Let him create his own shot or draw the defense for a kick out corner 3 or drop off to one of the inside bodies.

You can see he is confident in his ability and now knows he is always one of the most gifted players whatever court he steps on. Good to see he has taken that jump and looks like we have a defined leader for the team going back home to the BE.

Reaction Score
Uconn and Bouk got press in Arizona today. Arizona.

Bouk Leads UConn to OT Upset of Cincy

Great job today Huskies.

Brendan Adams gets it:

“Those are the guys who built this program, so to play well in front of them, the guys who built this program, felt great,” said Adams.

Nice call by the young man. I noticed Burrell, Smitty and Howie D were all standing and into it as the last seconds passed. Bleeding Husky blood still and forever, great to see!

As far as Bouk this guy now needs to shoot the ball 15-20 times a game period. Don't care how hot or cold he is. It's his time to make the other team work and they will prepare for him now so other people will be open our offense should get a bit better. Fun to watch for sure!

Reaction Score
How? He hit way harder shots in the game than that. For reference his up and under using the rim to shield defenders. This was a three with a flat footed defender who lunged last second to attempt defense. By this take, Cinci hit a few of these as well. Nothing insane about it.
Gotta agree here. Cumberland has his hand down and was cheating back to cut off the drive. It was a nice shot but not particularly difficult. The one to tie the game with a minute left as well as his jumper in the corner were much more difficult shots where he has to create separation and adjust mid-air. His ability to just hang in the air and make those adjustments is amazing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Combo guard

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You think he’s a point in the league? I see him as more of a combo who primarily plays the off guard spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom