Bouknight introduction presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight introduction presser

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not just Bouk
Really? Please give me this list of UConn players I bash and what other bashful comments I made about Bouk. Do tell. I love a good story.

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 68

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I promise it's okay to be an objective fan. Our guys aren't perfect, nor do they need to be. Doesn't mean we can't critique them and ask more from them in areas they may be lacking. If you looked at that press conference and don't think he needs media training for the betterment of his own career and self then idk. Kai even made a snarky comment about being a professional which could've been a shot at Bouk because yeah, you're a professional now. You should dress the part and prepare for the different ways needed to be one.

Still going to be investing my money in his TopShot moments as a fan of his because regardless he can hoop and he's young so he has plenty of time to learn.

Reaction Score
Bouknight was impressive in the interview. His humility was that powerful. I was never the biggest Bouk fan. This interview however touched me.

Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he could use some media training it seems.

I'm sure he got close to no sleep over the last 48 hours before that interview took place. Wednesday night before the draft there is no way he's sleeping. Thursday after the draft there is no way he's sleeping. Friday morning flight to Charlotte and immediately gets cameras shoved in his face in front of a crowd of Charlotte beat reporters.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The only players I've read you comment on are Bouk and Clingan.
I know dunking on me seems to be the cool thing to do around these parts, but don't make yourself look stupid trying to gain some cool points like a high schooler. This is probably my first negative comment about Bouk, someone I compared to Zach Lavine talent wise. You should read Clingan's top 100 camp thread too.

This board is very weird with the whole "Don't say anything remotely bad" rule it seems to have. I'm on Michigan football boards where everything is pretty open to express your opinion as long as it doesn't attack someone's character and stands on some sort of basis. Over here I guess you can only make sunshine and rainbow comments. But it's literally the only good place on the internet to get UConn basketball news from.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm sure he got close to no sleep over the last 48 hours before that interview took place. Wednesday night before the draft there is no way he's sleeping. Thursday after the draft there is no way he's sleeping. Friday morning flight to Charlotte and immediately gets cameras shoved in his face in front of a crowd of Charlotte beat reporters.
Him and every other draftee ever has to do this.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I know dunking on me seems to be the cool thing to do around these parts, but don't make yourself look stupid trying to gain some cool points like a high schooler. This is probably my first negative comment about Bouk, someone I compared to Zach Lavine talent wise. You should read Clingan's top 100 camp thread too.

This board is very weird with the whole "Don't say anything remotely bad" rule it seems to have. I'm on Michigan football boards where everything is pretty open to express your opinion as long as it doesn't attack someone's character and stands on some sort of basis. Over here I guess you can only make sunshine and rainbow comments. But it's literally the only good place on the internet to get UConn basketball news from.
Well, we will certainly understand if you prefer the Michigan boards to The Boneyard.

(FWIW, that “I’m the victim post is pretty much copypasta out of the troll handbook.)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Right so why are we criticizing the kid?
Why are we being sensitive about a small critique. Do you not want to see him carry himself as a professional and be a great representative for us like a Rip, Ray, Kemba, Emeka, etc? He has star talent, if he performs how a lot of us expect this is a part he has to get better at. Why are y'all coming at me for wanting the best for the kid. Every other draftee has to do this and he did not look good up there next to a guy a year younger than him. He might've (and I could be wrong on this because I didn't dive into it) been the only lottery, maybe 1st round, pick in a polo at his press conference while everyone else were in suits. Like professionals taking it seriously.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Its not even your posts. It is your page after page after page of rebuttals.
When 50% or more of the posts on a page are yours, it's a diatribe. You don't need to respond to every post.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Its not even your posts. It is your page after page after page of rebuttals.
When 50% or more of the posts on a page are yours, it's a diatribe. You don't need to respond to every post.
I think some people like the attention from me tbh with the way they reach in their posts. I'm not too comfortable with my posting habits either rn but been having a lot of down time with covid.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They should also ignore you. It sucks reading pages of arguments.

Reaction Score
Why are we being sensitive about a small critique. Do you not want to see him carry himself as a professional and be a great representative for us like a Rip, Ray, Kemba, Emeka, etc? He has star talent, if he performs how a lot of us expect this is a part he has to get better at. Why are y'all coming at me for wanting the best for the kid. Every other draftee has to do this and he did not look good up there next to a guy a year younger than him. He might've (and I could be wrong on this because I didn't dive into it) been the only lottery, maybe 1st round, pick in a polo at his press conference while everyone else were in suits. Like professionals taking it seriously.

What's the critique exactly? A 20 year old who just got drafted didn't pass your public speaking test?

Also, don't bring Kemba into this, he said "UMMM" after every word when he was in college and it was hard to listen to. As he got older it faded. I expect whatever issues you have with Bouknight will go away soon too.

Reaction Score
Did Charlotte just waive extension on monk? But keep Graham’s? Good for Bouknight no doubt. Slides right into the backup role.

Reaction Score
The kid hadn't slept in 24 hrs.. Just realized his dream to make it to the League..Is 20 yrs old and admitted that the press conference audience was the largest group he had ever spoken in front of before..

Give me a break,

He will be groomed by the organizations he plays for in front of the mic because he'll be in front of it by virtue of his playing/talents.

Some kids are more naturally comfortable in front of people.. Some need to learn how to be comfortable.

Not that complicated.. Enjoy the ride w/Bouk.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What's the critique exactly? A 20 year old who just got drafted didn't pass your public speaking test?

Also, don't bring Kemba into this, he said "UMMM" after every word when he was in college and it was hard to listen to. As he got older it faded. I expect whatever issues you have with Bouknight will go away soon too.
Yeah, sure Kemba did.

And yeah I have issues with a guy I'm going to invest in because of one comment. Weird sensitive bunch. I may have to go back to just lurking as the sensitivity here is way too much. Can't make a reasonable comment without 4 people coming out of no where unnecessarily with a cape on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom