Bouknight has hyperextended elbow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight has hyperextended elbow

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You’re lost pal of mine. I was making fun of MLB and the way they overprotect their investments. Mickey Mantle would’ve played 2 games a year in today’s game.

Well, it might affect an outfielder much more than a SG.

So, yes, it's possible the same injury to Bouk would definitely affect a baseball player longer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, it might affect an outfielder much more than a SG.

So, yes, it's possible the same injury to Bouk would definitely affect a baseball player longer.
For sure. But the thing about baseball in particular, before free agency and increasing with these mind blowing multi year deals, in the old days when players were paid far, far less, they often were pushed to play with injuries worse than what guys are sitting for weeks now. They are treated as investments to be protected, so a bit counterintuitively, the more you are paid, the fewer physical demands we place on you.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For sure. But the thing about baseball in particular, before free agency and increasing with these mind blowing multi year deals, in the old days when players were paid far, far less, they often were pushed to play with injuries worse than what guys are sitting for weeks now. They are treated as investments to be protected, so a bit counterintuitively, the more you are paid, the fewer physical demands we place on you.

Kinda like the work place for most of us. The fewer keys you have on your key chain they higher up you are.

Plus, back in the day when players needed their salary and worked second jobs in the off season, they would have taken whatever shot was available to numb it up.

Reaction Score
I switched sweatshirts at the half. Apparently it took a bit of time for the mojo that generated to make it to Wisconsin.
My dog, Kemba, fell asleep in my lap when we went down 18. I did not budge until the end of the game. I had to hold my pee the whole time, and I was on my 4th beer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My dog, Kemba, fell asleep in my lap when we went down 18. I did not budge until the end of the game. I had to hold my pee the whole time, and I was on my 4th beer.
Animated GIF

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He did it twice, and pretty sure both times it was to take credit. Love Bouk, but didn't love that.
Yeah, pointing to tip-ins, wack move. He was notably frustrated early, whiny. Don't think he took to kindly to Marquette roughing him up a bit early on. There was one Bouk drive, lays it up and defender pounds the backboard which probably altered the layup, but no certainty there. I think Polley or maybe Carlton cleaned that up for two.

Hurley will bring the bad body language to his attention and he will be fine. It was a blessing in disguise for Bouk to watch the comeback jump off without he being on the court.

Great program builder, showed our tenacity, ability to win as a team and program w/out sole reliance on our superstar.

Reaction Score
ahh! No biggie seen it done many times. I myself did it, in my junior year in one game had 4 tip in's given to someone else. I did raise my hand a few times after that and sometimes it's just a natural reaction. Damm right I wanted those 8pts. lol.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What I really don’t like and I think nba scouts will notice is that he gets hurt all the time. That’s really not conducive to an NBA season. It’s not a toughness issue. He just gets a little wild with his arms and his legs and puts himself in a position to get hurt/injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom