Bouknight has hyperextended elbow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight has hyperextended elbow

Reaction Score
That's my concern. With sprained ankles, lots of times players can come back in the game where it gets injured, but once the blood stops pumping it swells up and they have to miss time. I'm hoping this injury isn't similar in that regard.
True, but if the biggest issue is swelling and there's no structural damage, then we very likely dodged a bullet. Swelling is manageable and treatable in the short term with pretty simple therapies. Also the fact that it's his non-dominant shooting elbow increases his ability to play through it.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect the biggest determination is risk of more serious injury if he plays.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You can safely tuck away that Cowboys sign for the next 9 months. General rule of thumb is Cowboys signs get put away after last regular season game.

Nah, we've gotten to the playoffs a few times over the last decade, and even won some playoff games. The divisional round is where we usually tap out.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The star seemed to revel in his role as decoy. That goes to team chemistry so much I can barely stand it. He's becoming an all-timer for me.
bouknight coming in and playing through pain to act as a decoy and allow his teammates to shine absolutely cements him as an all timer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have a UConn plastic street sign and one for the Cowboys that hang above my tv. I had switched the Cowboys one to the front on Sunday, but forgot to switch it back to Huskies before the game. I noticed when we were down 18 (right around that point, at the TV timeout) and switched it back. We immediately went on the run to take the lead then.
I switched sweatshirts at the half. Apparently it took a bit of time for the mojo that generated to make it to Wisconsin.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yea google says days to weeks but Bouknight is not the average man ?
If he were a Major League Baseball player with a multimillion dollar contract, he’d be shut down for two months.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I switched sweatshirts at the half. Apparently it took a bit of time for the mojo that generated to make it to Wisconsin.
Funny. I convinced my daughter to put one of these on when the pats were down in both the Falcons and Seahawks superbowls. We were watching the former with good friends from Atlanta, and the latter at the home of a couple of Seattle natives. We've got a bunch of friends that will burn this hat given the chance.

m_5fe645623a0db94c7a2f44c3.jpg

Reaction Score
Funny. I convinced my daughter to put one of these on when the pats were down in both the Falcons and Seahawks superbowls. We were watching the former with good friends from Atlanta, and the latter at the home of a couple of Seattle natives. We've got a bunch of friends that will burn this hat given the chance.

View attachment 63271
Don't think that hat will be needed in the short term

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If he were a Major League Baseball player with a multimillion dollar contract, he’d be shut down for two months.

Nice non sequitur.

And if he was a multimillionaire NFL linemen, LB, or RB he wouldn't miss a snap.

Is your point that different sports and different positions in sports use muscle groups diffently? Hot take.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice non sequitur.

And if he was a multimillionaire NFL linemen, LB, or RB he wouldn't miss a snap.

Is your point that different sports and different positions in sports use muscle groups diffently? Hot take.
You’re lost pal of mine. I was making fun of MLB and the way they overprotect their investments. Mickey Mantle would’ve played 2 games a year in today’s game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dunno, I think if the Mick played today he would have been good to go once he got scoped. And I hate the Yanks.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Early in the game I was relatively frustrated with Bouk due to his "pointing for credit" whenever he tipped in a shot. His body language wasn't the best early on either & he seemed somewhat flustered at the start. Post injury however, a flip switched --- he became entirely focused on supporting his teammates & basking in their success. His being on the floor caused Marquette to continue accounting for him & it allowed multiple open looks for others. More importantly, he also showed that he can BALL --- even when he doesn't score.

Essentially one handed, he played tenacious defense, soared for rebounds & set great screens to free up others. He even had a few good takes to the hoop while injured & he got hammered, but just wasn't getting any calls. Being a decoy isn't the ideal scenario for him [or the team], but he embraced whatever was necessary to get the win. Everyone has bad games & if I'm a scout, this game showed me a lot about his character & what he's all about as a leader.

Praying that it's a minor strain & he'll be back to normal in a few days!

Reaction Score
Early in the game I was relatively frustrated with Bouk due to his "pointing for credit" whenever he tipped in a shot. His body language wasn't the best early on either & he seemed somewhat flustered at the start. Post injury however, a flip switched --- he became entirely focused on supporting his teammates & basking in their success. His being on the floor caused Marquette to continue accounting for him & it allowed multiple open looks for others. More importantly, he also showed that he can BALL --- even when he doesn't score.

Essentially one handed, he played tenacious defense, soared for rebounds & set great screens to free up others. He even had a few good takes to the hoop while injured & he got hammered, but just wasn't getting any calls. Being a decoy isn't the ideal scenario for him [or the team], but he embraced whatever was necessary to get the win. Everyone has bad games & if I'm a scout, this game showed me a lot about his character & what he's all about as a leader.

Do we know he was pointing for credit? To my eye, that's what it looked like, but I can't believe that's what it actually was. I thought maybe he was calling for a foul. If he truly was saying, "Look at me, I made the shot!", that's really lame.

Reaction Score
Do we know he was pointing for credit? To my eye, that's what it looked like, but I can't believe that's what it actually was. I thought maybe he was calling for a foul. If he truly was saying, "Look at me, I made the shot!", that's really lame.

He did it twice, and pretty sure both times it was to take credit. Love Bouk, but didn't love that.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
He did it twice, and pretty sure both times it was to take credit. Love Bouk, but didn't love that.

I didn’t love it either, but he may have just been trying to build his confidence back. He obviously had a rough shooting night, in fact I think 2/3 of his FGs were offensive rebound tip ins.

Reaction Score
It’s not much different than holding up arm extended after hitting a 3 or flexing biceps after an And1.

Reaction Score
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. At first I thought maybe he was holding up his arm because they were both tap in's in traffic, so he's making it easier for the official boxscore keeper to know who to give the 2 points for. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

Reaction Score

Felt the same mentioned to my brother the same thing on the phone early on. But was so impressed with his reactions on the sideline during the run as well as his sense of knowing he was an impact as a decoy and a defender. He played his heart out with the bad elbow and regained any little I had lost by his early game body language. Your assessment is spot on.

Reaction Score
I appreciate hustle and diving for loose balls, but that play should have been a foul. His arms was extended and the player jumped on top of it. I've seen guys jumping on players legs and even the occasional head.

It's different when players are airborne and someone reaches, but sooner or later somebody is going to get hurt bad. The NCAA shouldn't wait, and then overreact which they do. They'll start throwing kicking guys out of games. Just get ahead of it before someone breaks a leg or dislocates a shoulder.
There is a clear intention of going for a loose ball and a clear intention of stopping a player from getting a loose ball with a reckless motive. Elliott chose the later. And for that I will not forgive the player or any referee for allowing that to happen and go unnoticed.
Bouk is a very lucky man.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Even before he got injured he didn’t look himself, He looked winded, had a deer I headlights look, wasn’t making easy reads, even the commentators mentioned that he didn’t look right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom