Bouknight dunk #1 Sports Center Top 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight dunk #1 Sports Center Top 10

Reaction Score
Well, I just read it. And, there is nothing wrong with hoping this kid doesn't rest on his athleticism. We've had plenty of those guys, too. Some even made the NBA but fell short of their potential.
I don't disagree with you per se. I just think when a freshman makes the play of the day, in all sports, it should be just appreciated for what it was. Critiquing his potential and areas of improvement can be left to another day or thread.

caw

Reaction Score
Absolute perfectly located pass from Gaffney which contributed to the wind mill.....difference between #1 and nothing. Just goes to show Boak needs it within arms + enormous hands length anywhere near the hoop.

but are they Kwahi Leonard enormous hands?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can’t hurt when Hurley talks with a potential recruit for next season. Between the significant improvement of the team, the overseas trip and playing with Bouknight Danny has some cards to play.

Oh! Did I mention what a dunk!!! His head almost touches the rim in spite of having to reach back to get the ball and even in slow motion he seems to do it effortlessly. Incredible athlete.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They had it set up in the second half too but Gaffney didn't see Bouk get behind defender and start his baseline run to the hoop.

This is a set play and it's always available a few times a game. Requires the guard on top of the key to make the read.

Reaction Score
“Maybe my top two, top three,” Bouknight said. “Back in high school [at MacDuffie], I bounced it off the floor, caught it, [and dunked it].”

Hurley said Bouknight has a long way to go to catch J.R. Smith. “I’ll use that to motivate him,” he said.

Classic Hurley. Lol

Reaction Score
What I love about this is he didn't waste any time celebrating or preening about it and ran back on D.

and immediately got called for an off the ball foul by these corrupt and/or incompetent officials.

Reaction Score
Just imagine if Gaffney threw it a little higher. . . Its coming!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Carter Dunk
Essentially the same dunk, but done ahead of the field on the break. Doing it in the half court offense against a defense (even a crummy defense) inherently carries a greater degree of difficulty than doing it with no opponents within 20 feet of you.
FWIW, here's a similar play from Ray Allen.

Reaction Score
Essentially the same dunk, but done ahead of the field on the break. Doing it in the half court offense against a defense (even a crummy defense) inherently carries a greater degree of difficulty than doing it with no opponents within 20 feet of you.
FWIW, here's a similar play from Ray Allen.

That wasn't at all similar. The Carter alley was crazy as was the Bouknight alley, Ray's alley was pretty ordinary. This Derrick Jones play is one of the most athletic things I've ever seen...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom