Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Let me reconfirm…..does seem low.

You know when they test vertical? I'm putting my money on 43" max with a surprisingly high standing vert... he got UP for some offensive boards with no step up at all this year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let me reconfirm…..does seem low.

Where did it even come from? I have tried searching and I don't see anything about the measurables being released for the combine, for him or anybody else.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Looks solid, not bad at all but nothing sticks out. The athletic measurements are going to be wuere he can stick out vs some other guys... Idk about his lateral speed, but his vert has gotta be excellent
Yeah bunch of pistons fans (where it’s likeliest he lands if the board shapes up how it might) are encouraged. Someone mentioned they thought he could be a 6’ 10 wingspan but his isn’t bad at all. If I’m a GM I’m fine with it. If he blows away with his vert then he’s in excellent shape.

Reaction Score
Interesting stats. Of the some 60 plus guys measured no one was a bare foot 7 footer. Bouk was in the lower 1/3rd height wise. A third of guys had 7 foot or more wing span. 11 guys with under 5% body fat! You don't have to jump much to touch the rim if you can reach 9 foot 4 1/2 inches.

Reaction Score
Interesting stats. Of the some 60 plus guys measured no one was a bare foot 7 footer. Bouk was in the lower 1/3rd height wise. A third of guys had 7 foot or more wing span. 11 guys with under 5% body fat! You don't have to jump much to touch the rim if you can reach 9 foot 4 1/2 inches.
All of this makes me wonder what AJax will measure at a combine

Reaction Score
You know when they test vertical? I'm putting my money on 43" max with a surprisingly high standing vert... he got UP for some offensive boards with no step up at all this year
If that standing reach is accurate his vertical must be crazy.
Standing reach 8’5.5
That makes much more sense, right in line with Booker and the other star league guards in his height range, or a little bit better than them.

Reaction Score
Actual legit 7 footers are extremely rare, that's why Clingan's size is so impressive.

Reaction Score

Not Bouk related but this is crazy. From reading the comments it sounds like he has a heart condition. Hopefully he is okay.

Dang that's rough...didn't Baylor have the same thing happen to their 7 footer a few years back? Got diagnosed with a heart condition around the combine that kept him from playing again then they did a symbolic pick for him in the draft or something

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Moses Moody’s measurements are wild (even lankier than Jeremy Lamb was). That may give him an edge over Bouk (whose measurements were very solid & right in line with what most scouts were anticipating) GM’s.

Keon Johnson’s measurements weren’t all that great when compared to Bouk & Moody. Very interested to see how they all test in the vertical/speed events.

End of the day tho, measurements don’t mean much if you can ball out. Steph Curry is a prime example of that.

Reaction Score
Dang that's rough...didn't Baylor have the same thing happen to their 7 footer a few years back? Got diagnosed with a heart condition around the combine that kept him from playing again then they did a symbolic pick for him in the draft or something
Yes, Isaiah Austin.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Not Bouk related but this is crazy. From reading the comments it sounds like he has a heart condition. Hopefully he is okay.

i was just reading somewhere that he was gonna have a medical red flag at the combine.

this is big scary stuff

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why we try to find comps. I don't think he has a comp. His unique combination of athleticism, spatial awareness and skills mean he should be a player that thrives in the presence of other great players. Especially unselfish players.

Fit will be key for Bouknight.

That's kind of what you do during the draft process: try to figure out to whom he compares that's currently in the league. It's the same as projecting how good he'll be, as you did in this post. It's just another way of doing so, which is easier to see and interesting to talk about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom