Bouknight Draft Watch | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Looking at some of the bigger mock draft sites to see where Bouknight is predicted to land.

NBADraft.net (updated 4.15) - 17th to the Grizzlies

Love the team since I think he and Ja would be a dynamic duo but I would be disappointed if he fell out of the lottery. Unfortunately his Big East Tournament and NCAA Tournament performances did him no favors.

247Sports (updated 4.16) - 15th to Knicks

Would be another great spot. They have a hole at shooting guard and looks like after 20 years Knicks are finally onto something.

The Athletic (Veccines big board updated 4.2) - 12th overall which is currently Pacers

HoopsHype (updated updated 4.15) - 11th to Pelicans

I feel like I like him on every team so I will spare the write up but sign me up for Bouknight and Zion for a few seasons until Zion requests a trade to a big market team.

Yahoo (updated 4.14) - 15th to Knicks

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

19 minute mark — Sam selects Bouknight #6 for the Orlando Magic in a mock that accounts for team needs. Says he went back to Bouknight’s tape and came away more impressed than he thought he would be. Sites team needs heavily for this selection, though.

1620696331466.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

19 minute mark — Sam selects Bouknight #6 for the Orlando Magic in a mock that accounts for team needs. Says he went back to Bouknight’s tape and came away more impressed than he thought he would be. Sites team needs heavily for this selection, though.

View attachment 67368

Like people said in the previous iteration of this thread--Vecenie is as plugged in as anyone. Great news.

Reaction Score
Like people said in the previous iteration of this thread--Vecenie is as plugged in as anyone. Great news.
This was more of a "I went back and did my homework and he's the best scoring wing outside of the top 5 picks and if I were the Magic I'd take him", rather than what the NBA actually thinks. He seemed a little anguished about it, like he was going out on a limb that he was a little bit uncomfortable doing because the groupthink for Bouknight is sliding. He said his range is legitimately 6-15 and Pennie implied even 6-21.

So we'll see. NBA teams SHOULD see the same things on tape that Vecenie did. And this might start a narrative correction back to the lottery for Bouk.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He said his range is legitimately 6-15 and Pennie implied even 6-21.
Which is the same range most here have been projecting since at least February.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hehe 'mock mania.'
last month here:
and jackson, also from kentucky? in the 30s? with only a handful of bigs mentioned in the first 40? i don't think so. i like him too. i bet some of those drafters do as well.'
mock talk, now:
'7. Orlando (from Chicago): Isaiah Jackson, Kentucky forward'
Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley? NBA Mock Draft 2021 begins with that decision - cleveland.com

this one has sir james at 14. someone should inform 'mockmasters' vecenie and pennie that evan is the best player in the draft. seriously, what could have happened between april and now to have mr jackson go from '30s' to 7 now? answer? nothing.

Reaction Score
hehe 'mock mania.'
last month here:
and jackson, also from kentucky? in the 30s? with only a handful of bigs mentioned in the first 40? i don't think so. i like him too. i bet some of those drafters do as well.'
mock talk, now:
'7. Orlando (from Chicago): Isaiah Jackson, Kentucky forward'
Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley? NBA Mock Draft 2021 begins with that decision - cleveland.com

this one has sir james at 14. someone should inform 'mockmasters' vecenie and pennie that evan is the best player in the draft. seriously, what could have happened between april and now to have mr jackson go from '30s' to 7 now? answer? nothing.
This is a random guy who covers high school sports for Cleveland.com.

Reaction Score

Put in work, James

I'm sure these GMs are seeing the freak athleticism, and now that he's healthy his 3 pt shoot is getting back to form and better. Plus with NBA spacing will open up his dribble drive game. He's got a higher ceiling than many of the guys ahead of him. Some GM is going to take that risk. My guess is he goes 8-12 depending where someone with a good fit gets a pick.

A lottery pick would help our pitch to 2022 recruits A LOT.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm sure these GMs are seeing the freak athleticism, and now that he's healthy his 3 pt shoot is getting back to form and better. Plus with NBA spacing will open up his dribble drive game. He's got a higher ceiling than many of the guys ahead of him. Some GM is going to take that risk. My guess is he goes 8-12 depending where someone with a good fit gets a pick.

That’s about where I have him. By that part it’s really about need and fit.

The wizards are probably not taking him with beal and Russ in tow.

I will be surprised if he gets past Boston. I think Orlando, Charlotte and Indiana are all pretty good fits.

Reaction Score

We all watched the workout videos from last summer. This dude puts in the work and his game looks great in an empty gym and also great on film. A 2 game sample made some people and horse race mock drafters 2nd guess.

Reaction Score
We all watched the workout videos from last summer. This dude puts in the work and his game looks great in an empty gym and also great on film. A 2 game sample made some people and horse race mock drafters 2nd guess.

A 2 game sample with a busted up elbow, at that.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I mean he is as natural a scorer as you will find on top of being a great athlete. Everything else can be improved over time.

I mean he is as attractive as anyone outside the top 5.

the fact that people thought he should come back shows how out of touch they are.

Reaction Score
A 2 game sample with a busted up elbow, at that.
It’s crazy to me that people don’t realize he was never 100% after he came back from the elbow injury. NBA teams know better than to overrate a two-game sample. I can’t wait to see him develop in the NBA.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Stock up on toilet paper and canned tuna because the spin when James goes top 10 may take down the internet.

3 months is a long time.
For the nfl draft last year, the guy the giants took at 4 was mocked at 4 immediately after the season, to late round 1 and then all the way back up to 4 in a similar time frame.

the draft process is a weird and Inexact science

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom