Bouknight Ain’t Goin Anywhere | The Boneyard

Bouknight Ain’t Goin Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After 2 years. He’s going to need 3 minimum to work on his body and outside shooting if he wants to play in the NBA. And it would be a shame to see him end up in G league or Europe. He needs to chat with Ray and Rip and then put the work in.

Reaction Score
I think that we shouldn't overreact after a good game ("We'll be lucky to get him for a second year!!") or after a bad game ("This is a four year guy, folks, and then he'd better learn Polish!!"). He's an immensely talented freshman who is going to look like one sometimes.

Reaction Score
After 2 years. He’s going to need 3 minimum to work on his body and outside shooting if he wants to play in the NBA. And it would be a shame to see him end up in G league or Europe. He needs to chat with Ray and Rip and then put the work in.
Isn't that what resulted in post season bans and loss of scholarship in the first place?

Reaction Score

He had a really bad game but he’s talented enough to have scored 20 today and if he did, a lot of us would be saying he’s gone after this year. 2 or 3 years makes sense for him if he keeps developing and there is nothing wrong with the G league or an nba bench where many (maybe most) basketball people believe does a better job of player development than most colleges. I personally think Bouknight needs more big game experience to help him reach his potential and he will find that in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Isn't that what resulted in post season bans and loss of scholarship in the first place?
No. Supposedly he spoke with recruits not players already on the team. Previous grads are not allowed to address the team? Also these rail thin kids need the time to develop muscle and strength. I feel like he’s going to be a star eventually. Might not be a college player of the year type until his 3rd year.

Reaction Score
No. Supposedly he spoke with recruits not players already on the team. Previous grads are not allowed to address the team? Also these rail thin kids need the time to develop muscle and strength. I feel like he’s going to be a star eventually. Might not be a college player of the year type until his 3rd year.
I do agree. I got stoned on here for saying he was an idiot if he left after this season and that was when everyone was clamoring for him to get more playing after Charleston, 4 games into his college career. Come on folks. He needs time to develop.

Reaction Score
Rip was rail thin in college and as an NBA Champion.

Reaction Score
He's figuring things out. Now that he's playing more (Polley) the light could come on at any time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He has the raw talent and skills to be a really good player. No he is no Rip, Rip stepped on the court and was the energizer bunny from day 1 - he had the heart and desire to go with the talent.
I think that is what Bouk needs - he needs the heart and desire - some kids have it some kids don't. I am not saying he doesn't have it but the longer it sits in waiting the harder it is to come out.
I have seen it in so many kids I have coached - unbelievable talent but talent can only take you so far and is easy to hide behind when you are the best on the field. When there are many like you and some are bigger, faster and stronger you need to find that extra gear to even the playing field. Bouk most likely has it but it wasn't there today. He'll be starting the next game - let's see

Reaction Score
He's an immensely talented freshman who is going to look like one sometimes.
The kid scored like 15 points in his debut and people here had him in the lottery on his way to the hall of fame lol I love Bouk and think he is going to be a very good player for us who's going to score a ton of point here but people need to relax. He'll be here for 3 years and will have a similar career to Jeremy Lamb. Hopefully with a title too.

Reaction Score
Kids a good one but still has a lot to learn. The one mid range shot he made and took will hopefully show him how important that is if he wants to eventually get to the basket more. I’m disappointed in his efforts yesterday he didn’t mix it up enough. It’s one game, let’s give him time he’s a talented kid who’s a huge part of our “comeback.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom