Bouk, We hardly Knew Ya | The Boneyard

Bouk, We hardly Knew Ya

Reaction Score
I wondered if he somehow could be around for a year 3, but alas no he's gone. Let him play us through the BE and BE tourney and let us enjoy his last games as a Husky. What a talent, makes us a whole different team. Just wish it could have been longer.

Reaction Score
I wondered if he somehow could be around for a year 3, but alas no he's gone. Let him play us through the BE and BE tourney and let us enjoy his last games as a Husky. What a talent, makes us a whole different team. Just wish it could have been longer.
I came into the game wondering how he'd match up against Duke. Even thought Duke may out play Bouk. In particular after being out so long. He looked a bit winded at times, but definitely showed he's the better player

Reaction Score
You forgot the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
I'm just wishing out loud here.

Rip lost a bad NCAA tourney loss to UNC as a sophomore and came back for the 1999 season. I wish that was the case here. We get close, Bouk sees something special, comes back for year 3 and it doesn't impact his pro career in any way.

Reaction Score
Put this out on Twitter, but he’s on track to be just the 4th sophomore at UConn in modern era to average over 20 points per game. The other three were Rip, Ray and Caron.
And I always wondered what it would have been like if Caron came back for his junior year. I "think" he was the first Husky to go pro as a sophomore.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Rip lost a bad NCAA tourney loss to UNC as a sophomore and came back for the 1999 season. I wish that was the case here. We get close, Bouk sees something special, comes back for year 3 and it doesn't impact his pro career in any way.

I really think Rip could look around and justifiably think, we can really win the title next year.

As bullish as I am on where this program is heading, I'm not sure that's something Bouk can think is likely to happen.

And I think COVID has everyone thinking that when an opportunity presents itself, you have to take it, because who knows what life's going to throw at you.

All that said, I would absolutely love to see him come back and make me eat a big fat crow.

Reaction Score
I really think Rip could look around and justifiably think, we can really win the title next year.

As bullish as I am on where this program is heading, I'm not sure that's something Bouk can think is likely to happen.

And I think COVID has everyone thinking that when an opportunity presents itself, you have to take it, because who knows what life's going to throw at you.

All that said, I would absolutely love to see him come back and make me eat a big fat crow.
Look at all the blue blood programs who are awful this year.

On one hand, the path is easier.
On the other hand, I don't know that a NCAA Title means anything to college players anymore.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
So sad to see him go so quickly...but he’s a pro. No doubt.

Reaction Score

We're going to be really good next year, with Bouknight we would be one of the favorites. Still think we could go on a serious run this year despite everything going against us.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Don't torture yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom