Bouk, We hardly Knew Ya | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk, We hardly Knew Ya

Reaction Score
Put this out on Twitter, but he’s on track to be just the 4th sophomore at UConn in modern era to average over 20 points per game. The other three were Rip, Ray and Caron.
This may sound insane but he may be a more natural scorer than all three of those guys. Think about it, how much of what Bouk is capable of have we actually seen compared to those guys? Those guys had 2 to 3 full 30 game seasons to grow as players while Bouk has played what? 35 games with interruptions from suspensions, injuries and a pandemic? It saddens me that we`ll will never see Bouk in all his glory in a Uconn uniform but man he is an impressive talent. He scores so easily that he can average 20 in his sleep. I havent seen a guy under 6`4 score this easy since Iverson. Lets hope he finishes strong.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is so frail there is no way he could risk coming back to UConn for another season. He needs to make his money while he can. He takes such a beating in college I can’t imagine what the NBA will be like for him.

Reaction Score
This may sound insane but he may be a more natural scorer than all three of those guys. Think about it, how much of what Bouk is capable of have we actually seen compared to those guys? Those guys had 2 to 3 full 30 game seasons to grow as players while Bouk has played what? 35 games with interruptions from suspensions, injuries and a pandemic? It saddens me that we`ll will never see Bouk in all his glory in a Uconn uniform but man he is an impressive talent. He scores so easily that he can average 20 in his sleep. I havent seen a guy under 6`4 score this easy since Iverson. Lets hope he finishes strong.
We’ve had shooters and athletes at UCONN but Bouk has incredible touch and creativeness around the basket. He hangs in the air forever and chooses his approach. After I saw some of his shots today I thought stop kidding yourself, he’s gone. Previously I held out hope. His better get stronger though.

Reaction Score
Special players can do special things in March, just saying.
It would be a shame if the Huskies don't make the NCAA Tournament and Bouknight never gets to play in the big dance. Obviously hoping that doesn't happen. The road starts this Saturday. Would love Bouknight to lead the team to a win on Saturday and get to the NCAA Tournament to see what the Huskies can do.

Reaction Score
The kid is an exceptional talent and without question should declare for this years draft. As a diehard UConn fan, we should all get behind this. Go Bouk!

Reaction Score
We're going to be really good next year, with Bouknight we would be one of the favorites. Still think we could go on a serious run this year despite everything going against us.
Let’s keep using Bouk to let the league sleep on possible preseason 2nd teamer Martin for next year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think that any NBA teams that might have been hesitant on Bouk probably cast away their doubts tonight. It was like he came back from injury better and more determined to dominate than ever.

Reaction Score
We’ve had shooters and athletes at UCONN but Bouk has incredible touch and creativeness around the basket. He hangs in the air forever and chooses his approach. After I saw some of his shots today I thought stop kidding yourself, he’s gone. Previously I held out hope. His better get stronger though.
If he can stay healthy and i dont see why he wouldnt he should score a lot of points in the NBA. He may become one of those guys that is constantly among the league leaders in scoring. I think hes going to be an NBA star on a level beyond even Ray. In 5 years i truly believe there will be a lot of kids with Bouknight jerseys across the country.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If we didn't win a single NCAA tourney game for the rest of my days I wouldn't complain a peep. I never thought I'd see what I've seen to this point.

But it'd sure be nice, wouldn't it?
This is such a sweet post, and I mean it in the best possible way. I feel similarly.

Reaction Score
Can easily see how the guys that had been carrying the burden in Bouk's absence can now flourish in supporting roles with opposing defenses trying to key on Bouk.

Our secondary guys grew in those games and it will pay dividends for us heading into BET and March Madness.

Reaction Score
James and The Giant Reach

jatgr.gif

A 3-point miss that contributed to a monster welcome back statement of all time.
Last night was an incredible memorable thrill for a special talent.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's more than the draft, it's being prepared to earn that second contract

Heard somebody say that a few times

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads