Bouk vs. Jalen, 7 pm | The Boneyard

Bouk vs. Jalen, 7 pm

Reaction Score
Charlotte vs. Toronto tonight, 7 pm. I'm sure they'll share the floor at least occasionally.

They missed playing here together by only 1 year, but feels like they are from totally different eras so it seems like a much greater separation.

(Game airs on ESPN3, FYI)

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Jalen guarding Bouk tight. Man, so far Bouks team is awful.

Last edited:

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Other than just to see if he can do it, I'm not really sure why Charlotte has Bouk running the point so much. He made some good plays last game. That said, every game he should have had a couple more assists but a teammate dropped a pass or missed an easy shot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Other than just to see if he can do it, I'm not really sure why Charlotte has Bouk running the point so much. He made some good plays last game. That said, every game he should have had a couple more assists but a teammate dropped a pass or missed an easy shot.
He's a ball dominant creator. He better figure it out if he wants to be great.

Reaction Score
Scottie Lewis made one of the worst plays i’ve ever seen in my life right in crunch time. Huge mental lapse, but it happens. Can’t wait to see Bouk play with the NBA squad cause this summer league roster was god awful for the Hornets. Will look a lot better with some better teammates.

Overall a successful summer league for James and I think he put on a good showing in his first 4 NBA games

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score

Tie game, 20 seconds left. This is definitely Shaqtin a Fool material hahaha

Its almost looks he thought they called time out…I am a big, “you dont lose the game on one play” guy, but this is pretty damning evidence of the contrary.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the Lewis play, when you're being given the opportunity to be "the man", the optics of letting your team fritter away a double digit lead when you play practically the entire fourth quarter don't look good to say the least.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouknight has some of the worst tunnel vision I’ve seen from a lotto guard. He’s missing the most obvious reads. He’s obviously super talented but his basketball instincts are horrible he needs to watch a lot more film and just get more in game experience. Sool can teach him a thing or two about making the right reads.

Reaction Score
Its almost looks he thought they called time out…I am a big, “you dont lose the game on one play” guy, but this is pretty damning evidence of the contrary.
Right I feel the same way. All players have mental lapses at some point, especially in summer league, but damn this one could not have come at a more inconvenient time.

Scottie was a big part of the reason the hornets were in that game to begin with, but he’s still gonna get roasted for that one unfortunately

Reaction Score
Bouknight has some of the worst tunnel vision I’ve seen from a lotto guard. He’s missing the most obvious reads. He’s obviously super talented but his basketball instincts are horrible he needs to watch a lot more film and just get more in game experience. Sool can teach him a thing or two about making the right reads.
I just don’t think it’s fair to come on here and nit pick parts of his game based on 4 SL games. Unfortunately since the entire roster was so bad and the coach wasn’t great either I just don’t think this tells the full story. There were times that Bouk was making amazing passes and nothing would come of it because the team offense was absolutely horrendous. He had a game with 8 assists, which is more than he ever had at UConn in his entire career. Point being, I think there is way more to be optimistic about at this point. Obviously there is going to be a lot of things he needs to work on, but you can say that about literally every single prospect 1-60 at this point.

Reaction Score
Watching Bouk in Summer League makes me wonder if he should have stayed an extra year just to put on more muscle. When he's dribbling the air out of the ball he's getting trapped by bigger guards, who are just dominating him.

He seems to be just going through the motions sometimes when the ball isn't in his hands, so I'm wondering if they're running him at point just to get him invested in the game and get his shot going. I don't know what it takes to get Bouk in pissed off taking over this game mode, other than a hard scary foul, but MJ needs to coax that out of him consistently. He's beyond talented, but at least in summer league, is playing hard half the time.

That last game was hard to watch at the end. I was just happy Bouk didn't throw away the ball that last Hornets possession when he was getting locked up on D.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Watching Bouk in Summer League makes me wonder if he should have stayed an extra year just to put on more muscle. When he's dribbling the air out of the ball he's getting trapped by bigger guards, who are just dominating him.

He seems to be just going through the motions sometimes when the ball isn't in his hands, so I'm wondering if they're running him at point just to get him invested in the game and get his shot going. I don't know what it takes to get Bouk in pissed off taking over this game mode, other than a hard scary foul, but MJ needs to coax that out of him consistently. He's beyond talented, but at least in summer league, is playing hard half the time.

That last game was hard to watch at the end. I was just happy Bouk didn't throw away the ball that last Hornets possession when he was getting locked up on D.
If you’re a lotto pick you gotta go. The signing bonus alone can set you up for life if you play your cards right.

Reaction Score
If you’re a lotto pick you gotta go. The signing bonus alone can set you up for life if you play your cards right.
There are signing bonuses? Did I miss that? I think NBA draft pick contracts are guaranteed for 2 years. 3rd and 4th year are team options. And then there's a qualifying offer after the 4th year. Even if he only played 2 years in the NBA he would get about $7 million.

Reaction Score
I mean the game before he had 8 assists and 0 turnovers including this pass. He’s been up and down but you can’t judge off one game.

Reaction Score
I’ve only watched bits and pieces of the summer league games but I’ve always though Bouknight actually does have pretty good vision. He’s shown it at uconn on some of his drive and kick and drive and dump to a big plays. I imagine while running point in summer league he’s trying to run actual (new) plays instead of making reads on every possession. His weakness was and still seems to be sloppiness with the ball, though at times he can be awesome with the ball and look very polished. If he keeps working hard and stays focused on the right things it will all come together. I don’t think he will be playing point this year for the hornets anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom