Bouk out indefinitely | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk out indefinitely

Reaction Score
Hurley said they'd expect to know more after yesterday. So did they decide to do surgery yesterday and that changed the timetable or did they know surgery was coming and had to know how it went to see how quick recovery would be?

The latter would mean Hurley's other statements (a week or two, not an extended absence) still could be true. The former, not so much. The indefinite timeline makes me think the former, though...

Reaction Score
Depends on the type of surgery. Was it arthroscopic or did they cut him open? If they cut him open it could be months before he is healthy.
Would they even do that on what seems to be an unscheduled surgery?

Reaction Score
Why not say out for season? That’s what I’m trying to understand.
Without knowing how long the season may extend and acknowledging HIPAA regs limit disclosure regarding James' injury and surgery, why would even a more informed individual "... say out for season"?

Reaction Score
I’m leaning toward this being James and his family weighing options and Dan not putting pressure on him to sway one way or another
I think you're way over analyzing things. Most likely they needed to wait a few days for swelling to go down to make a full prognosis, I doubt they're talking about him staying/leaving at this point.

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley was quoted to say not a large amount of time to the media? Any reason why he would say that if surgery was on the table? Seems like this isn't the first time Hurley has given out flat out wrong information to reporters.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I thought it wasn’t that bad...

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Important to remember that not all surgeries are the same in severity and require differing recovery periods. Unclear if this was a quick in/out procedure, what they did, what the initial recovery from procedure period looks like, etc. Speculating on timeframes without this information is meaningless.

Reaction Score
Would they even do that on what seems to be an unscheduled surgery?

Some "surgery" can happen very quickly. You go in for a check up. They find something and move directly to a procedure. That seems like what happened. He was scheduled to go in on Tuesday. They found something that needed to be fixed. They scheduled him to go in today.

The question remains. Was it arthroscopic or did they have to cut him open? Makes a big difference.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wouldn't blame Bouk for a second if he decided to opt out of the rest of the season. I hope he doesn't, but he's already a lock 1st rounder and I would hate to see him get hurt again trying to come back before he's 100%.

Reaction Score
Obviously they still tried to use him by saying he was a 'Game time' decision for Butler and Depaul, just to try to get those teams to waste some time scheming to stop him. Bouknight and Jackson out extended this year, Polley and Akok last year, Gilbert, Diarra, Yakwe, ... I remember years when players on the roster actually played whole seasons, but those memories are starting to fade. It's so disappointing to never have a whole team! These kids have worked too hard to get screwed like this

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wow. Nobody expected this. I think Hurley already knew but is hopefull that Bouk will be back without missing more than a few more weeks.

Reaction Score
2-4 weeks per Goodman tweet
So back by end of February most likely. Misses 8-12 games (including 2 already missed). Plays last 5 games, any makeup games, and both tournaments. This can work. That's enough time to play back into game shape and reintegrate into the offense. If we play .500 ball in Big East until then, we should get credit by the committee.

I think we'll be alright.

Hope he's back at 100% by @Villanova game on Feb 20th (and home Provy on 16th).

Reaction Score
Obviously they still tried to use him by saying he was a 'Game time' decision for Butler and Depaul, just to try to get those teams to waste some time scheming to stop him. Bouknight and Jackson out extended this year, Polley and Akok last year, Gilbert, Diarra, Yakwe, ... I remember years when players on the roster actually played whole seasons, but those memories are starting to fade. It's so disappointing to never have a whole team?
They are more injured than any football team I've ever seen. We haven't had anything close to a healthy team since the national championship in 2014.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom