Bouk Game time Decision for Depaul | The Boneyard

Bouk Game time Decision for Depaul

Reaction Score
Seeing how well we are doing without him, and the fact that it's DePaul, and the fact that we most likely will not play another game after this until the 18th vs St John's, Bouknight probably will not be playing. No need to push it and risk hurting it worse.

Reaction Score
Question...
If a player is 50/50 on if he can play or not, why does he need to announce it before the game and sit out (is this a rule)?

Why can't he just suit up and sit on the bench? If the injury is still nagging then he doesn't go in. If he feels "ok" then he can still go in if needed, at minimum for distraction or fouls.

Just wondering how this works, not specific to Bouk

Reaction Score
Question...
If a player is 50/50 on if he can play or not, why does he need to announce it before the game and sit out (is this a rule)?

Why can't he just suit up and sit on the bench? If the injury is still nagging then he doesn't go in. If he feels "ok" then he can still go in if needed, at minimum for distraction or fouls.

This does happen sometimes. But you’re right, it probably should happen more.

Reaction Score
Seeing how well we are doing without him, and the fact that it's DePaul, and the fact that we most likely will not play another game after this until the 18th vs St John's, Bouknight probably will not be playing. No need to push it and risk hurting it worse.
shouldnt need him to help win a game until xavier on 1/20

Reaction Score
Sort of an update on Bouknight. Doesn't sound bad.

Hurley told me Bouknight will have his injury reexamined on Monday.

"If he misses time it'll be a couple of weeks, but there's a chance he won't miss much time," Hurley told me Saturday night, after the team had landed in Chicago in advance of its game Monday at DePaul.

Reaction Score
Question...

I think a player needs to be able to play if they are active. However, I don't think there is a set time like the NFL (90 minutes before kickoff) that you need to announce who is inactive.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think we should just keep him out the rest of the season we`re playing so well without him. We`re a better team with him on the bench. ? ? ?
Yeah keep him here until next season strategy. ......

Reaction Score
I think a player needs to be able to play if they are active. However, I don't think there is a set time like the NFL (90 minutes before kickoff) that you need to announce who is inactive.
Is there an active and inactive list in college basketball? I've never heard of that. A player could be in uniform on the bench but never get in the game. Doesn't mean they are inactive or active.

What if a player is on the bench in street clothes, goes back to the locker room and changes into his uniform, then comes back to the bench. Could that player then enter the game? Not that I've ever seen that but just curious if there are any rules on something like that.

Reaction Score
Is there an active and inactive list in college basketball? I've never heard of that. A player could be in uniform on the bench but never get in the game. Doesn't mean they are inactive or active.

What if a player is on the bench in street clothes, goes back to the locker room and changes into his uniform, then comes back to the bench. Could that player then enter the game? Not that I've ever seen that but just curious if there are any rules on something like that.
I think there is an inactive list. Refs probably need to know the active roster before the game starts

Reaction Score
After the injury..Bouk was playing with one arm and being a great teammate..Setting picks,etc.. He'll benefit from some time off to get his body where it needs to be..

We have a deep team..We've got his back..

Reaction Score
Will he be on the participation list?

Reaction Score
To all the people saying rest him because it's DePaul...we can lose to DePaul. Any Big East game can be a loss, if he's okay to go you play him.
True, but I don’t think they will play him if he runs the risk of injuring the arm even more, just to play this game at DePaul. If It was a NCAA Tournament game, maybe they do. I think all of this is really just over speculation anyway. Hurley has the best interest of the players and the team, so whatever he chooses to do, I trust his judgement.

Reaction Score
During the Butler game one of the announcers said he watched pre game practice and that Bouknight was during everything with his right hand. He was hurt Jan 5th, so he has been healing for almost a week. His elbow probably feels much better. If they want to be safe, he might stay out until Xavier on the 20th. But the kid is a young and in fantastic shape. Athletes often heal faster than the rest of us. So, who knows?

Reaction Score
After tonight's game, the next scheduled game is Monday against St. John's. Whole week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom