Boughknight was good tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boughknight was good tonight

Reaction Score
utube poster intro's this vid,
'hehe, he always wrong.'

tru dat. doctor quack methinks!
but youse knew that, amiright?

but hey, dr quack did give youse james haters a new buzzphrase to yammer away with - 'thesus changing.' the age of pithy excuses. still wrong, and oh, soooooo lame. i like better 'the dog ate my homework!' even tho that never worked for me.

Year to date down 70% and 22% there. The management team needs to be fired. It can't forecast.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for James, while being mindful & not unconcerned that his accumulated reckless behaviors could lead to him causing great harm to himself or innocent others.

In the closed thread, it did seem as though many were working through their own historically with similar emotionally impactful matters. Some came off like macho yentas, offering successive hot takes and showing a perverse affinity for unsavory drama.
Macho Yentas is such a good phrase. I've been waiting for something like that.
Much of the Sports landscape has begun to cater to them. Sports round table shows now resemble "The View". Two days ago I saw prominent football personalities waxing on Tom and Giselle and their family drama.

Reaction Score
I am thrilled he’s gotten another chanc. However, he’s definitely not set for life, unless he reverses the reckless behavior that put himself and others in jeopardy. James needs to view this exercisesd option as a last chance, rather than validation of his past trajectory.
Agreed about his decision making and behavior, but he could play out his contract and live extremely comfortable the rest of his life (and his family, too). That is the definition of set for life. Anything else is outside the scope of the term. As long as he plays the next year and half, he'll have the opportunity for lifelong comfort. Now that does mean he has to stay out of prison and/or avoid anything that would allow the team to void the remaining contract.

Reaction Score
Agreed about his decision making and behavior, but he could play out his contract and live extremely comfortable the rest of his life (and his family, too). That is the definition of set for life. Anything else is outside the scope of the term. As long as he plays the next year and half, he'll have the opportunity for lifelong comfort. Now that does mean he has to stay out of prison and/or avoid anything that would allow the team to void the remaining contract.
Mixing alcohol, guns and 100mph driving are ways to make the money vanish in the blink of an eye. That’s one reason it is a mistake for an observer to overlook the “maturity” aspect and that’s a point Chief has been trying to drive home for the last few years. But even more important are the lives involved including James.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I am thrilled he’s gotten another chanc. However, he’s definitely not set for life, unless he reverses the reckless behavior that put himself and others in jeopardy. James needs to view this exercisesd option as a last chance, rather than validation of his past trajectory.
Yeah he got a blessing after railroading Borrego, who I think is a good coach, and the incident. I firmly believe this is his last chance. I just hope they keep him in the rotation once their starting guards return. Pressure is on for him to produce. He didn’t look good tonight got 26 minutes and only scored 11 0 assists. Perfect time to attend a home game where it’s do or die for his rotation spot.

Also, Nick Richards is low key the 2nd best player on this Charlotte team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for James, while being mindful & not unconcerned that his accumulated reckless behaviors could lead to him causing great harm to himself or innocent others.

In the closed thread, it did seem as though many were working through their own historically with similar emotionally impactful matters. Some came off like macho yentas, offering successive hot takes and showing a perverse affinity for unsavory drama.
Macho Yentas? I’m trying to figure that one out, but it definitely made me laugh.

Reaction Score
Hornets battling the Warriors, but man he stinks right now. 15 minutes 0-5 0 points.
Despite his “talent”, at the NBA level it only hits the radar if work and dedication accompany it on the journey. Nearly everyone is talented at this level.

Reaction Score
Despite his “talent”, at the NBA level it only hits the radar if work and dedication accompany it on the journey. Nearly everyone is talented at this level.
I’m as big of Bouknight fan as anyone here, but I’m worried this may be the case and I hope he learns that quick. Seeing guys like DSJ and Maledon come in and have success, when he was supposed to be ahead of them, just shows to me that they are out working him. They’re making the most of their opportunities, and sadly I’m afraid he is not. Hopefully he realizes it, but at this point I think he is going to need a fresh start somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I‘ve only watched him against the Knicks this year but while he played decent he got knocked around pretty good. He really needs to get stronger. A lot stronger. James made a couple nice 3s but a few where his shot looked flat. And a couple of great scores at the basket but he also stands around too much on offense. It was only one game but I didn’t see much improvement for his rookie year.

Reaction Score
I‘ve only watched him against the Knicks this year but while he played decent he got knocked around pretty good. He really needs to get stronger. A lot stronger. James made a couple nice 3s but a few where his shot looked flat. And a couple of great scores at the basket but he also stands around too much on offense. It was only one game but I didn’t see much improvement for his rookie year.
I think he thinks he works, he needs to escalate the expectation standards that he has of himself, is my guess. The bar is high at the NBA level.

Reaction Score
The Bouk I see now is physically the same Bouk I saw 2 years ago. His lack of physical development tells me there has been a lack of effort to get stronger. There are lots of guys in the league with similar skills and athleticism. The ones that work to get better are the ones that stick around. I am rooting for him but not optimistic at all.

Reaction Score
but wait, i was told here, by experts on both athletic talent and human psychology that ...... well, i was told a lot, that's fer sure.
Yes this topics is exhausting. The kid has maturity issues. We get it. There are some on here who use every mistake he makes on and off the court as an opportunity to cluck about how he shouldn’t have left early and how he needs to improve his maturity. Probably, but he’s made more money than all of us combined, he’s a grown adult now and he hasn’t played for UConn in a few years. Wish him well, let it go, and shut up about it on the board please

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom