Boughknight was good tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boughknight was good tonight

Reaction Score
Seriously?
I know. I get it. They had no choice. They’re not going to give up on a 1st round talent this early. But it’s such a Charlotte thing to have happen.

Reaction Score
Wow. Charlotte being Charlotte. I love Bouk as a basketball player, but he’s certainly not a great role model at this point. I’m cheering for him to clean up his act, but strange decision to give him additional cash a week from a serious arrest. At least make him sweat the additional few days.
Good news then, he's not getting the extra cash until next season

Reaction Score
Maybe playing time is Bouknights therapy. Instead of the bottle in his hands replace it with a basketball. He probably has to give up drinking for life if not then don’t drive at least.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's another $4.5 mil, so he's guaranteed over $13 mil now with 1 more team option for $6 million before restricted free agency.

He tried to screw it up, but teams are loathe to give up on young, lottery players (Jalen Smith just provided a nice example for him). He and his family are now set for life, 2nd contract and 4th years don't even matter.
They aren’t really set up for life, depending on how he’s spent that money. I can’t imagine he’s been a saver.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe playing time is Bouknights therapy. Instead of the bottle in his hands replace it with a basketball. He probably has to give up drinking for life if not then don’t drive at least.
I think it worked at UConn. Without knowing him obviously. After his mistake at UConn, I think he understood he couldn’t afford anymore slip ups if he wanted to be a first rounder. Hopefully the same applies here with future contracts.

Reaction Score
I know. I get it. They had no choice. They’re not going to give up on a 1st round talent this early. But it’s such a Charlotte thing to have happen.
I'm sure they have seen enough of him in practices and G league games to know that he can flat out score. The coach recently said he has starter's talent. This is s a kid with a high ceiling.

Reaction Score
Yup. He’s definitely someone that can’t just have one or 2

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So that extension means Jordan is a believer and is going to stick with him?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Boughknight?"

Inside joke? Or was your blood-alcohol level a bit high?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
That's another $4.5 mil, so he's guaranteed over $13 mil now with 1 more team option for $6 million before restricted free agency.

He tried to screw it up, but teams are loathe to give up on young, lottery players (Jalen Smith just provided a nice example for him). He and his family are now set for life, 2nd contract and 4th years don't even matter.
well,many players made more money than that and ended up not set for life. but i sincerely hope you're right.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I been kind of wondering if this might be the case too. Whats the saying about idle hands?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I been kind of wondering if this might be the case too. Whats the saying about idle hands?

1666968954630.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
you don't say?
dr boneyard is, by far, the absolute worst medical practitioner on the planet. why, just the other week, i was informed that young james will be sent to the betty ford clinic for rehab, and then put out to pasture, never to get paid big coin again for bouncing the ball.
and then, there's that tua qb guy, who dr boneyard informed me will be a quivering mass of jelly in 20 minutes. i see that he's been playing again, too.
now, over to dr boneyard's latest on our girl who broke her knee bone, or some rubber bands holding that together. mebbe she'll make it back for the 2024 olympics. 2028?

metaverse? metaverse? sum one should tell that guy he's a quack, too.
as if.

Reaction Score

I am thrilled he’s gotten another chanc. However, he’s definitely not set for life, unless he reverses the reckless behavior that put himself and others in jeopardy. James needs to view this exercisesd option as a last chance, rather than validation of his past trajectory.

Reaction Score
They aren’t really set up for life, depending on how he’s spent that money. I can’t imagine he’s been a saver.
And the hangers on posse that are going to do what?? I am praying that he makes the right decisions and that comes by surrounding himself with stable people who wake up with a productive task in front of them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
utube poster intro's this vid,
'hehe, he always wrong.'

tru dat. doctor quack methinks!
but youse knew that, amiright?

but hey, dr quack did give youse james haters a new buzzphrase to yammer away with - 'thesus changing.' the age of pithy excuses. still wrong, and oh, soooooo lame. i like better 'the dog ate my homework!' even tho that never worked for me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh? Few people can have one or two drinks? That doesn't jibe with my experience at all. I know a few people who I would consider problem drinkers but the vast majority of people I know have a drink or two at the cocktail party and call it a night.
I thought it was a play on words…few can…few cans. Not sure though lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom