Boughknight was good tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boughknight was good tonight

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Bouk looks to have already fallen out of the Hornets rotation - just 4 minutes tonight & zero in the second half. Not good, but hopefully he can play his way back in as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
Can't shoot 23% from 3 as a scoring guard and expect to get minutes in the NBA.
Your comment is true, but still funny that tonight as a team shot 7 for 35 or 20% from 3's with the SG's going 1 for 14. At least Bouk wasn't part of that. Maybe the whole team needs to watch either Curry or Fudd to see how to shoot.

Reaction Score
Bouk looks to have already fallen out of the Hornets rotation - just 4 minutes tonight & zero in the second half. Not good, but hopefully he can play his way back in as the season progresses.

Because LaMelo returned. Bouk is the odd man out for now.

Reaction Score
And Cody Martin is about to return too. Bouk was given decent playing time with the injuries but besides a couple of games and some electric moments, he’s been bad. Martin doesn’t have talent level of Bouk, but was much more consistent last season. We’ll see if coach goes with Martin or gives Bouknight another chance.

Reaction Score
Can't shoot 23% from 3 as a scoring guard and expect to get minutes in the NBA.

Pretty much as simple as that, unfortunately. 63% from the foul line too.

His conditioning is fine, we know he can shoot... Shooting is discipline, plain and simple. Not quite sure Bouk has it. And I don't think another year in college would have changed it. 100% mental with him--has all the skills in the world to be starting material.

Reaction Score

His conditioning is fine, we know he can shoot... Shooting is discipline, plain and simple. Not quite sure Bouk has it. And I don't think another year in college would have changed it. 100% mental with him--has all the skills in the world to be starting material.
Are we sure he can shoot? He has a nice looking stroke but hasn't shot 35% from 3 yet in the pros or college. I think he has it in him but he'll need to prove it soon

Reaction Score
Are we sure he can shoot? He has a nice looking stroke but hasn't shot 35% from 3 yet in the pros or college. I think he has it in him but he'll need to prove it soon
Was thinking the same thing. He can get hot...but his actual shooting percentages have never lived up to his perceived reputation. He needs to get considerably better and more consistent to be an actual viable contributor in the league.

Reaction Score
Is he injured or has he completely fallen out of the rotation? Well into the 3rd quarter vs. Washington and he hasn't played at all. No Lamelo either

Reaction Score
Is he injured or has he completely fallen out of the rotation? Well into the 3rd quarter vs. Washington and he hasn't played at all. No Lamelo either
Don't think he's done anything with minutes he's gotten

Reaction Score
15 minutes in a meaningful, tight game against solid competition. He got an opportunity last night against the surging twolves. 8 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 2-3 three point line, can't complain all things considered.

Reaction Score

His conditioning has never been “fine” or even borderline acceptable. The Big East Tournament Crampfest, in the first half no less, is testament to that. As others have said, we have no proven track record that James can shoot at a % level that actually wins games.

I love James but until he sends his posse packing and gets more experience handlers to guide him, he is not going to achieve what he could have. Moreover, we are now in the late innings getting those things to happen.

I pray he channels his numerous wake up calls into a plan that gets executed with discipline. Chief is always there for him, if he reaches out.

Reaction Score
Was reading this from a few weeks ago on hornets reddit.

Sounds like fans feel it's too early to give up on him but who also knows what if any effort he is putting in

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
His conditioning has never been “fine” or even borderline acceptable. The Big East Tournament Crampfest, in the first half no less, is testament to that. As others have said, we have no proven track record that James can shoot at a % level that actually wins games.

I love James but until he sends his posse packing and gets more experience handlers to guide him, he is not going to achieve what he could have. Moreover, we are now in the late innings getting those things to happen.

I pray he channels his numerous wake up calls into a plan that gets executed with discipline. Chief is always there for him, if he reaches out.
If he's drinking alcohol at the level it appears he is you are probably correct about conditioning. Alcohol is a good CNS depressant and is also a diuretic so I am no longer surprised by his "crampfest". I think he needs more than handlers to help with his substance abuse. I hope he gets it before he hits bottom

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It’s not like the rest of the team is doing any better. Geez this team can’t shoot worth a lick. Maybe they will pick up Hawk next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom