Both Caroline and Heather are Showing Signs! | The Boneyard

Both Caroline and Heather are Showing Signs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was happy to watch both Caroline and Heather showing signs of getting their respective games together tonight.

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
Heather with 6 offensive rebounds in 20 minutes!!!! Caroline with five threes and making them on the move!!! Great to see.

Reaction Score
I was happy to watch both Caroline and Heather showing signs of getting their respective games together tonight.

Peace,

John Fryer
I agree with about half of that.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Heather Buck looks more aggressive and confident. Whether she has the talent is another story.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I made a point of telling Heather that her rebounding efforts were great. I remember one possession where she had two o bounds, and on one defensiveness, she looked like she was flying

Reaction Score
I caught the last six minutes of the game, saw Heather get a layup and sink two free throws, what was up with SD ?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Heather Buck looks more aggressive and confident. Whether she has the talent is another story.
She does have talent. What she doesn't have is confidence in her offense.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think that Buck is a better rebounder than Dolson. At least she is more aggressive going after the ball where Dolson often seems to be content to let the ball come to her.

I don't know what's up with Dolson, but she doesn't seem to be the same player that she was last year. Her 6.0 rb/game seems low given her size and the competition so far this year.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
She does have talent. What she doesn't have is confidence in her offense.

Nan, she's definitely more fun to watch this year and her improvement gives us some hope.

Reaction Score
I was very happy with the play of Heather Buck and Caroline Doty last night. As for Heather we UCONN Fans have been waiting for three years to see her play like she has this year. Heather will never be an offensive player, but UCONN does not need her to score very many points. UCONN needs Heather for defense and she has played very well this year. Yesterday Caroline looked like the old Caroline before all the injuries. UCONN is a much better team this year then last year even without Maya. They are very deep and will give most teams alot of trouble.

Reaction Score
"Heather will never be an offensive player"

She was a very good offensive player in HS and AAU.

Let's hope she get's back to that, especially in her 5th year. Imaine a front line at points during the game of SD, BS, and HB. TheTriple Towers!

Reaction Score
"Heather will never be an offensive player"

She was a very good offensive player in HS and AAU.

Let's hope she get's back to that, especially in her 5th year. Imaine a front line at points during the game of SD, BS, and HB. TheTriple Towers!

That is true, but Heather has never shown that she could be a good offensive player at UCONN. There is a big difference between high school and college. In high school Heather was in most cases the tallest player on the floor. In college she is being defended by taller and much better posts. Heather's strength is on the defensive end. She does not have to score very many points because UCONN has so many other weapons.

Reaction Score
Isn't it funny the Heather is playing with more gusto than ever since Caroline has returned to the offense and now we face our biggest game next Sunday and both CD and Buck are becoming major forces........I like UCONN to beat Baylor next Sunday and CD and Heather will set the tone...........

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
both CD and Buck are becoming major forces........I like UCONN to beat Baylor next Sunday and CD and Heather will set the tone...........
Er, well, I don't think so. I expect Stef to play lion's share of minutes in the post, foul situation permitting. Heather is an extra 5 fouls to give in defending Griner and will hopefully have confidence in doing so after last year's game but I don't expect her to be a force or to set the tone for the Huskies. I am willing to be surprised on this if Heather wants to prove me wrong, though.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I think that Buck is a better rebounder than Dolson. At least she is more aggressive going after the ball where Dolson often seems to be content to let the ball come to her.

I don't know what's up with Dolson, but she doesn't seem to be the same player that she was last year. Her 6.0 rb/game seems low given her size and the competition so far this year.
IMO Stef sometimes plays down to the competition, especially when she loses focus because of early foul trouble. I thought that was her problem last night.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
IMO Stef sometimes plays down to the competition, especially when she loses focus because of early foul trouble. I thought that was her problem last night.
Last night was the first time I've seen her pout, right after she was fouled (foul wasn't called) then she retaliated by using 2 hands to slap at the ball. She got yanked right after that.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Last night was the first time I've seen her pout, right after she was fouled (foul wasn't called) then she retaliated by using 2 hands to slap at the ball. She got yanked right after that.
I saw that too. I hope she realized why she spent so much time on the bench. If not, I'm sure it has been made clear to her by now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I saw that too. I hope she realized why she spent so much time on the bench. If not, I'm sure it has been made clear to her by now.
If it is the reason there is little doubt it has been made abundantly clear to her.

Reaction Score
I was at the game, and I will say that it was the best I have seen Heather play this year.

Steph: I don't know; it seemed like she was a step behind on both offense+defense. She only played 8 minutes, and Geno seemed upset with her.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score

Seemed a human reaction. Sometimes I'm amazed at how the players ignore the occasional nasty play of the other side. Remember last year when there was talk that Notre Dame players had been scratching the UConn players with their fingernails?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seemed a human reaction. Sometimes I'm amazed at how the players ignore the occasional nasty play of the other side. Remember last year when there was talk that Notre Dame players had been scratching the UConn players with their fingernails?
I don't think it was a nasty play, just a foul that wasn't called.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

I saw that and the first thing that entered my mind was "stupid". I think she did the same thing in the A&M game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
totally agree... I also think she doesn't rebound "agressively like Heather does" is because she doesnt want to pick up fouls. She's torn between the two, be agressive and get fouls or dont be aggressive/get whatever boards fall in your lap/stay on the court and help the team offensively.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
That is true, but Heather has never shown that she could be a good offensive player at UCONN. There is a big difference between high school and college. In high school Heather was in most cases the tallest player on the floor. In college she is being defended by taller and much better posts.

Sometimes. She usually is not being defended by "much better posts," or taller ones. Sometimes, the posts aren't better, period.

Not fair to knock a kid because she's not AA, and Huskies fans have recent memories of TC ... one of the best ever. Unrealistic expectations?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Er, well, I don't think so. I expect Stef to play lion's share of minutes in the post, foul situation permitting. Heather is an extra 5 fouls to give in defending Griner and will hopefully have confidence in doing so after last year's game but I don't expect her to be a force or to set the tone for the Huskies. I am willing to be surprised on this if Heather wants to prove me wrong, though.

Likewise, Caroline has been a streaky shooter at UConn, so I wouldn't read lots into the SH game ... though it would be great to see the good streak extended ... or even become permanent. When she's hot, she's very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom