BOT To Approve New Recreation Center In November | The Boneyard

BOT To Approve New Recreation Center In November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
poor x lot.. loved to sit on hill between the church and tower with my friends and watch the crazy they called x lot during spring weekend

Reaction Score
I wonder what they'll do for parking during construction on X-Lot. As mentioned in that Daily Campus article, that's 1000 spaces they have to provide to a campus already riddled with parking problems.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is perfect...will open up some space for a new bball / hockey rink in the middle of campus.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
different pools of money - the rec center is a specific set aside in a ct appropriations combined with student fees. the arena would be donors, season tickets holders and presumably a separate bond/appropriation. I think it can be done (just got to move the track and field hockey.

Reaction Score
The downside= no money for it for decade at least.

Funded separately from a student fee increase. It will have no effect on any spending by the university.

But like a true New Englander, nice job going negative.

Reaction Score
different pools of money - the rec center is a specific set aside in a ct appropriations combined with student fees. the arena would be donors, season tickets holders and presumably a separate bond/appropriation. I think it can be done (just got to move the track and field hockey.
I hope you're right. It would be great. With the stem upgrades and now the rec center (which was badly needed) I'm just concerned the well will dry up for the immediate future and arena upgrades will be pushed for a bit until the next state investment.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This is perfect...will open up some space for a new bball / hockey rink in the middle of campus.
Is it just me? I just don't see them throwing away gampel after just 23 years. We have a history here and we need to continue to build tradition. Maybe they attempt to retro-fit gampel with some upgrades, but i don't think it will demolished within the next 25 years (at least) for a new arena nor do i think they can make room for hockey rink (but I'm no engineer). We are better off hoping for a new arena in downtown hartford with bells and whistles since we play most games there anyways. For comparison:

Cameron - 73 years
Allen - 58 years
Rupp - 37 years
Smith - 27 years

But, I do like your thinking of converting the field house into a hockey rink -- much more convenient to get students to the games than down at Freitas. Has anyone heard that is the plan?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is it just me? I just don't see them throwing away gampel after just 23 years. We have a history here and we need to continue to build tradition. Maybe they attempt to retro-fit gampel with some upgrades, but i don't think it will demolished within the next 25 years (at least) for a new arena nor do i think they can make room for hockey rink (but I'm no engineer). We are better off hoping for a new arena in downtown hartford with bells and whistles since we play most games there anyways. For comparison:

Cameron - 73 years
Allen - 58 years
Rupp - 37 years
Smith - 27 years

But, I do like your thinking of converting the field house into a hockey rink -- much more convenient to get students to the games than down at Freitas. Has anyone heard that is the plan?
I think he meant baseball. Aren't the ball field and hockey rink right next to each other (along with the soccer field and softball field)? I think they need to upgrade the soccer field too.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
good the gym we had was way too small for how many students we have

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think he meant baseball. Aren't the ball field and hockey rink right next to each other (along with the soccer field and softball field)? I think they need to upgrade the soccer field too.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to basketball...the new baseball & softball fields are going on existing sites I believe. I heard that the new soccer field might move to the football practice field and that the football practice field will come down closer to the shenk... what to with hockey on-campus rink is still up in the air (expand freitas, knock it down and re-build on site or build elswhere on campus). I think if they are re-locating the student rec center it makes perfect sense to convert the field house into hockey rink

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he was referring to basketball...the new baseball & softball fields are going on existing sites I believe. I heard that the new soccer field might move to the football practice field and that the football practice field will come down closer to the shenk... what to with hockey on-campus rink is still up in the air (expand freitas, knock it down and re-build on site or build elswhere on campus). I think if they are re-locating the student rec center it makes perfect sense to convert the field house into hockey rink
Oh ok thanks - my bad. I have not been to campus for about 10+ years so my sense of where everything is located is probably a bit off...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Natatorium = Pool? Well why not just say that jackwipe.
See page 11

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Natatorium = Pool? Well why not just say that jackwipe.
See page 11

A natatorium is a building containing a pool.

In spite of your own efforts, you've managed to learn something today.

CL82

Reaction Score
A natatorium is a building containing a pool.

In spite of your own efforts, you've managed to learn something today.
Too much word chief, that's the point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Never use a big word when a diminutive one is sufficient.

It's been a good day.

For the first time in the 15 or 16 years that this insane asylum has been in existence, I have concrete proof that one of them finally learned something.

CL82

Reaction Score
220px-Toga.JPG
Ut natatorium pro EGO postulo lavo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members