Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

Reaction Score
Middle upper deck down and Loge are all good. Top of the upper deck makes me ill. Corners and end-zones, I tend to prefer TV. Lower corner is worse really (the upper lower and lower upper have better visibility). I also find it hard to get to the Garden, but I'm southwest of the city. Those coming from the north or nothwest have it easier. For example @Rocktheworld mentioned Nightshift, which does get good marks, that might as well be the moon coming from where I live on a weeknight.

Trust all of you guys to provide the team the backing our Huskies deserve. I'll check stubhub again to see if anything is reasonable.
Yeah it’s a totally different commute from south/west and north. Coming in to north vs south station, dealing with the pike or 93. I hear you on not being able to make it happen. If I was out there, I wouldn’t be as crazy about going. I’m blessed that I’m just a (long) walk from the stadium

Reaction Score
It's a reverse commute at least at that hour, though that southern stretch of 93 is always clogged.

Reaction Score
GJh5KYdbgAAvtf8

blue sections are ours!
Annex Section 107

Reaction Score
Middle upper deck down and Loge are all good. Top of the upper deck makes me ill. Corners and end-zones, I tend to prefer TV. Lower corner is worse really (the upper lower and lower upper have better visibility). I also find it hard to get to the Garden, but I'm southwest of the city. Those coming from the north or nothwest have it easier. For example @Rocktheworld mentioned Nightshift, which does get good marks, that might as well be the moon coming from where I live on a weeknight.

Trust all of you guys to provide the team the backing our Huskies deserve. I'll check stubhub again to see if anything is reasonable.
Yeah it’s right there and I’ve been 3-4 times, it’s a good venue with good beer. Half decent Detroitish style pizza. For those interested:

Attachments

• 6C0A43E2-E244-451C-8D9F-1AC559F49FE4.jpeg
    6C0A43E2-E244-451C-8D9F-1AC559F49FE4.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • D9F39BE8-B558-4800-B679-3BD4099AD261.jpeg
    D9F39BE8-B558-4800-B679-3BD4099AD261.jpeg
    888.2 KB · Views: 31
Reaction Score
Get in price on Seatgeek seems to be dropping slightly, still extremely expensive though. Think it drops more or is now the time to buy?

Reaction Score
Get in price on Seatgeek seems to be dropping slightly, still extremely expensive though. Think it drops more or is now the time to buy?
Prices rose 50/ticket for the nosebleeds on TM today. Hard to say. I got nervous and bought. Tick pick, SeatGeak, Gametime. Shopped them all before settling on Megaseats with a discount code. Seatgeek was more than the others, but if you shop there and leave they send you a 15% coupon if it's your first time.

Reaction Score
Prices rose 50/ticket for the nosebleeds on TM today. Hard to say. I got nervous and bought. Tick pick, SeatGeak, Gametime. Shopped them all before settling on Megaseats with a discount code. Seatgeek was more than the others, but if you shop there and leave they send you a 15% coupon if it's your first time.
Visa Freedom credit card is offering 5% cash back on Seatgeek, and 10% on EventTickets and TicketSmarter but customers need to add these offers to their cards. They aren't automatically added.

Reaction Score
Couldn't make it Thursday, but booked Saturday (fingers crossed....) through Ticket Smarter. $277 including fees.

I used a $20 off code DN20, went through Rakuten first for 3% cash back, and my Visa card has a 10% cash back offer. Guessing all-in it cost me $241. Not bad. Section 327.

Anyone know about parking?

Reaction Score
Couldn't make it Thursday, but booked Saturday (fingers crossed....) through Ticket Smarter. $277 including fees.

I used a $20 off code DN20, went through Rakuten first for 3% cash back, and my Visa card has a 10% cash back offer. Guessing all-in it cost me $241. Not bad. Section 327.

There are a few garages nearby and one now under the Garden. Expect $. Other option is to park at a T station and take the train in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Where are you coming from?

Reaction Score
I ended up booking a parking garage spot through Spot Hero that's .2 miles away from the Garden for $26. If you have Rakuten go there first and get 2% cash back. Not a lot, but every penny counts these days. I've had a good experience with Spot Hero in the past. I looked for promo codes, but they all seemed to be for new users, so I gave up. There are some spots cheaper than this one, but 1/2 mile or more away. I wasn't interested in walking so far at night.

Reaction Score
It's times like this when I miss living in the Boston area. Definitely would have gone to see them this year if I was still living around there.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any idea what time the Saturday game would be? I looked at last year:

Sunday 2:20 5:05 Saturday 6:09 8:49 We were west, so the late game. This year East and West are Saturday, so I assume an early game, maybe around 6:00 in Boston and the late game in LA. Sunday games are Detroit and Dallas.

Might see what the ticket situation for Saturday looks like.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I ended up booking a parking garage spot through Spot Hero that's .2 miles away from the Garden for $26. If you have Rakuten go there first and get 2% cash back. Not a lot, but every penny counts these days. I've had a good experience with Spot Hero in the past. I looked for promo codes, but they all seemed to be for new users, so I gave up. There are some spots cheaper than this one, but 1/2 mile or more away. I wasn't interested in walking so far at night.
When I've gone in bad weather I just paid the extra for the North Station garage. You don't even go outside, so don't need a coat etc. Helpful. On a nice day, you can easily walk from government center, where parking is easier and cheaper.

The great failure of Boston transit is that South Station doesn't connect to North Station. It misses by one stop, which is an easy walk but it still makes "leave your car" a lot more difficult. Commuter rail also doesn't reliably run late.

Reaction Score
It's a reverse commute at least at that hour, though that southern stretch of 93 is always clogged.
93 is the absolute worst regardless of the time.. Hated my AAU drives way out there

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any idea what time the Saturday game would be? I looked at last year:

Sunday 2:20 5:05 Saturday 6:09 8:49 We were west, so the late game. This year East and West are Saturday, so I assume an early game, maybe around 6:00 in Boston and the late game in LA. Sunday games are Detroit and Dallas.

Might see what the ticket situation for Saturday looks like.
I could be wrong, but thinking the East game is the second game on Saturday. 7:30 or so???

Reaction Score
When I've gone in bad weather I just paid the extra for the North Station garage. You don't even go outside, so don't need a coat etc. Helpful. On a nice day, you can easily walk from government center, where parking is easier and cheaper.

The great failure of Boston transit is that South Station doesn't connect to North Station. It misses by one stop, which is an easy walk but it still makes "leave your car" a lot more difficult. Commuter rail also doesn't reliably run late.
I agree about North Station garage. I do that for Celtics games. It’s $60 to park there. If you decide to park there I highly suggest you reserve a parking space on Ticketmaster now. Just search for “TD Garden Parking”. There won’t be any spaces available if you try to park there any less than an hour before game time. Maybe even an hour and a half.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but thinking the East game is the second game on Saturday. 7:30 or so???
Why would east be second and west be first. In Los Angeles?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom