Boston Globe BC should look to leave ACC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boston Globe BC should look to leave ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You obviously know nothing about Rutgers history. Until the early 70's it was a male only school with about 4,000 students which played regionally against the Yankee Conference, Ivy League, Colgate, BU, Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell, Gettysburg, etc. Few scholarships, no spring practice, etc etc etc. It was never my intention to defend current Rutgers basketball, only to correct your ignorance about Rutgers history. For an alleged lawyer you should have a better grasp of the facts.

The fear surrounding your program appears to be clouding your objectivity, and I certainly see no reason to accept advice from you. LMFAO
So serious question.

Why are RU fans always handing out there resume to people? You guys are on every board on the internet begging for approval. Rutgers won the cable box lottery and got a B1G invite, just be happy with that and hope a few more wins next year.

Reaction Score
Who suffers, the fans. BC may cash a big check, but their fans are leaving them. Who wants to be associated with bad teams.

Who suffers, the fans? I am not sure that the word fan should even be plural!! :)

_K9A8379.jpg

Reaction Score
BC isn't even in Boston.

The city line between Boston's Brighton neighborhood and Newton runs right through the eastern side of campus, which I believe puts Alumni Stadium in Boston. Plus, BC's new Brighton Campus, which it bought from the Archdioceses, is all in Boston. I only know this from living in the area because every once in a while the press would cover a fight between Boston & Newton police departments with respect to who gets to provide coverage for BC football game, i.e. who gets to collect more OT.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Only one thing will cause BC to drop or downgrade football -- that the stench of losing actually effects their academic reputation and the undergraduate candidate pool. While that was mentioned in the article, given that Rutgers has gone 150 years without dropping or downgrading football, I'm not holding my breath.

Having said that, doesn't mean reading the article didn't put a big smile on my face.
Or another point shaving scandal. Third strike and out?

Reaction Score
Our reality is bowl games and bids to the Big Dance. Yours is being a national punchline.

Not sure how this was misinterpreted but I root Huskies.

Reaction Score
From 1869 till 1980 Rutgers did just fine in football playing comparable schools. Thus it's tough for them to downgrade during that period when they didn't upgrade till 35 years ago, and really not seriously until 15 years ago with Schiano's hiring. The future remains to be seen, obviously. They have their work cut out for them in the B1G East.
Gridiron football was created in 1874 by Harvard and McGill, dammit. Then Harvard vs Tufts in 1874 took it to the next step. Then Harvard at Yale in 1875 cemented it's place in American sports. Princeton took the rules back to NJ from that game for Rutgers to learn how to play football from Harvard and Yale. PT Barnum helped create Tufts. And we also have Walter Camps' grave. CT + MA = football. Not NJ.

Reaction Score
So serious question.

Why are RU fans always handing out there resume to people? You guys are on every board on the internet begging for approval. Rutgers won the cable box lottery and got a B1G invite, just be happy with that and hope a few more wins next year.

Why are UConn fans whining about Rutgers?

I'm on this board because I was born and lived in Connecticut until the age of 68. Before I went to Rutgers UConn was my favorite college team. Now they are my second favorite team, and I root for them to do well. Have rooted for UConn soccer at Morrone, UConn women at Gampel/HCC/Miami. Will assert that no one cheered louder as UConn beat Duke in 1999. Look up my prior posts and you'll see I expect you to be in a P5 sooner than later, deservedly so. But when people post trash, and I'm in a certain mood, I respond.

No one anywhere (save RutgersAl ?) defends the Rutgers basketball program, and Rutgers football in the 80's/90's was dreadful. Facts are facts.

Reaction Score
Our worst fears are your reality. I wouldn't laugh too hard...

No, Rutgers is not worried about being stuck in the AAC wasteland forever; they're in the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom