Borges: UConn senior Ryan Boatright ready for one more year | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn senior Ryan Boatright ready for one more year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat is a warrior and a champion. Kid is gonna have a big season this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Great read.

Reaction Score
Wow great read i didnt think it was that close between going pro or staying. Im glad he stayed his draft stock can only go up after this season.

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Boat to make the NBA more than I can remember rooting for any other Uconn players since Stanley Robinson

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's going to give the doubters a lot of crow to eat, and you can take that to the bank.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great read. Can't wait to see Boat lead this team on another run.

Reaction Score
Good read - thanks!!

We are very fortunate he returned I do believe, may have been a rough road without Boat this year despite the depth. The experience he will bring is invaluable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Boat to make the NBA more than I can remember rooting for any other Uconn players since Stanley Robinson

It can be done at his height, especially given his propensity to play balls out defense (against bigger guards too). He just needs to learn to play really smart as the lead dog, and he'll be fine.

I imagine his 3pt shot will improve greatly over time as well (with NBA level training time).

Reaction Score
It can be done at his height, especially given his propensity to play balls out defense (against bigger guards too). He just needs to learn to play really smart as the lead dog, and he'll be fine.

I imagine his 3pt shot will improve greatly over time as well (with NBA level training time).

I'm trying to think of a player with Boatright's efficiency under 6 feet tall who was primarily a scoring guard, and no one comes to mind, other than Isaiah Thomas. Robinson, Barros, Edney, etc. were all much more efficient. He'd need to really focus on distrubution, but I could see him carving out a Brevin Knight-esque career, though I'm not sure that can be learned at this point. At least not to that degree.

Reaction Score
Following the Huskies’ 63-58 loss at Cincinnati on Feb. 6, Tom Boatright approached Napier, put his arm around his shoulders and whispered in his ear. “I told him to put us on his back,” Tom recalled. “He looked at me like, ‘What?’ I said, ‘I believe in you, put us on your back.’ He looked at me and said, ‘Yes, sir!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wow....Tom Boatright with a major assist/dropping the dime on Bazz. I will be rooting the hardest for Ryan Boatright this season. Props again to Borges for publishing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom