Borges Scholarship Situation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Borges Scholarship Situation

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Would you rather be average next year and good the following year, or medicore next year and potentially really good the following year? That's basically what it boils down to.
Hurley brought URI to the Round of 32 in 2018 will a roster set up to playing virtually positionless basketball. I will set my expectations at middle seed who does not playing on Tuesday or Wednesday for the NCAA Tournament.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My only concern is how much more losing will the fan base take? Another losing season could be disastrous for a AD already with money issues. Most fans do not follow the program closely enough to know that this appears to be a 2 year plan.
I think we need a winning season at least this year to show progress. Getting the NCAAs would be great but I'm not sure we'll get there.

Reaction Score
41% from the field on very high volume is inefficient.
The 5 boards are nice. His eFG% was 48.5%. Tyler was 54%. Tyler has a higher Ortg per 100 possessions. I’m not saying he’s better than Ntambwe. I’m saying it’s a lot closer than people think.

Joel doesn’t play a position of need, isn’t a star and can’t help next year.

You're looking at one part of his efficiency picture and declaring the picture bad. He had a 110 ORTG as a freshman, which would've been 4th on the team, and all 3 above him took significantly less shots than he did on his team (volume affects efficiency on a skill curve). And again, he was a freshman.

Pros
* 39% from 3.
* 75% from FT line.
* Drew almost 5 fouls a game.
* 12% turnover rate.

Cons
* 42% from 2.
* Low assist rate.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're looking at one part of his efficiency picture and declaring the picture bad. He had a 110 ORTG as a freshman, which would've been 4th on the team, and all 3 above him took significantly less shots than he did on his team (volume affects efficiency on a skill curve). And again, he was a freshman.

Pros
* 39% from 3.
* 75% from FT line.
* 12% turnover rate.

Cons
* 42% from 2.
* Low assist rate.

Yeah, I saw that. Mentioned him drawing fouls. He’s better. The gap isn’t as wide as people think. And if he sits a year and Polley plays a year, the gap is closer to zero. Meanwhile he’s a PF, as is Akok.

He’s a nice looking player. Just not what we need right now.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Pros
* 39% from 3.
* 75% from FT line.
* 12% turnover rate.

Cons
* 42% from 2.
* Low assist rate.
Auror's right on. Ntwambe ties to our history of long, Athletic guys w/ skill and versatility. Guys w/ length and strength w/ the ability to be coached are the guys Danny will be looking to bring in going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom