Borges on Spencer | The Boneyard

Borges on Spencer

Reaction Score
Obviously he is similar to Joey C., but I'm sure he would settle for being called National Champion.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Our starting five is going to be ridiculously good. We have two projected lottery picks, another potential first rounder, one of the best returning point guards in the game and another high-level 5th year senior. If the freshmen are as good as advertised we should be looking at another special season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our starting five is going to be ridiculously good. We have two projected lottery picks, another potential first rounder, one of the best returning point guards in the game and another high-level 5th year senior. If the freshmen are as good as advertised we should be looking at another special season.
gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Reaction Score
We should be preseason #1.

Reaction Score
Really excited for Spencer. Him and Newton will be so important bringing experience and calmness into our starting lineup that will help us win games while Clingan and Castle continue to adjust to their roles. Especially considering Newton has championship experience, and Cam has proven experience in a high major conference

And the fact that he'll be anywhere between our 3rd and 5th option depending on the game...I have a feeling he's going to explode for a few 20+ point games next year

Reaction Score
Really excited for Spencer. Him and Newton will be so important bringing experience and calmness into our starting lineup that will help us win games while Clingan and Castle continue to adjust to their roles. Especially considering Newton has championship experience, and Cam has proven experience in a high major conference

And the fact that he'll be anywhere between our 3rd and 5th option depending on the game...I have a feeling he's going to explode for a few 20+ point games next year
Add in Karaban who is as mature a sophomore I think we may ever see

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Can’t win close games, part 2.

Reaction Score
At the very least , Newton returning , and adding Spencer has takes off a ton of pressure from the freshman who you can now mix and match to have a formidable bench
You still have Samson( The Big IF) and Diarra an extremely competent PG . I’m not a huge Diarra fan but he had a solid handle and that’s a comforting fact to a freshman he is paired with.
If these freshmen are 1/2 as good as the hype this team can be.incredibly good .
My concerns are
1 20+ minutes at the 5 without DC
2 who makes shots with any Combo of Karaban , Spencer , Neeton sitting.
3 Team D without Jackson
Especially when DC sits. , do we have a secondary rim protector
A season without questions never happens and part of the fun for a wonk like me is seeing how well my questions are answered

Reaction Score
We should be preseason #1.
On paper, we should be #1. But objectively, who gives a damn. We'll move up quickly & the rubber meets the road in March anyway.

But for all the reasons mentioned, Castle/Newton/Spencer/Karaban/Clingan is an insanely talented starting 5.

And Diarra/Samson/Ross/Stewart/Youssouf behind them is, on paper, drool-worthy.

My guess: we'll rise to the top quickly, take a few conference hits, and be battle-tested for March. Uncreative assessment, but it just feels that way.

Reaction Score

Spencer has experience in a high major conference? I thought he played last year in the Big Ten?

Reaction Score
If purvis is a Ferrari we can't reference him as Camaro. Cool Calm Cam is a little to close the feeling like Kim jong un

Reaction Score
On paper, we should be #1. But objectively, who gives a damn. We'll move up quickly & the rubber meets the road in March anyway.

But for all the reasons mentioned, Castle/Newton/Spencer/Karaban/Clingan is an insanely talented starting 5.

My guess: we'll rise to the top quickly, take a few conference hits, and be battle-tested for March. Uncreative assessment, but it just feels that way.
Don't sleep on Solo Ball.. He'll be impactful as well.

Reaction Score
I love our team and we will have a target on our backs and will be other team's biggest win if they can get it.
Plus besides Castle could we have one of the other freshman be a breakthrough talent? I hate having to wait to see all this.

Reaction Score

There probably won't be too much room to move up. They'll be ranked around #5 preseason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom