Borges on recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges on recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I guess it's too late to point out that @HooperScooper posted an earlier thread on this article, huh?
people on here don't care. they'll generate a whole new thread based on an article/video already posted in a more relevant prospect thread. some 'insider' did this with the ikey vs brown video, like it wasn't already posted in the obiagu thread ( and gaining good discussion) but needed its own standing ground (and likes for him).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this board survived the inside scoop that UConn was in the ACC within hours, it can survive this really minor irritant of a thread. And speaking of 2011, UConn really was in the ACC according to all insiders (and probably the main player at UConn). But the insiders didn't know that even though the "documents were already inked with pen," the yokels down south ripped those papers up. No way to account for any of this, not even after someone signs the dotted line. Gotta wait for the papers to be filed.
The board survived but I'm not sure everyone survived that event.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
people on here don't care. they'll generate a whole new thread based on an article/video already posted in a more relevant prospect thread. some 'insider' did this with the ikey vs brown video, like it wasn't already posted in the obiagu thread ( and gaining good discussion) but needed its own standing ground (and likes for him).
Certainly possible but you're not considering other possibilities!

Reaction Score
Well, I guess it's too late to point out that @HooperScooper posted an earlier thread on this article, huh?
Thanks for noticing. Most people don't spend a few seconds scanning the board to see if an article has already been posted. I've noticed that if an article is online for more than a couple hours it's highly probable someone else has posted it already. Not much gets by the hundreds of people that post here.

Hey I'm just glad the arguments are all in this thread instead.

I think we all need the season to start. Soon!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks for noticing. Most people don't spend a few seconds scanning the board to see if an article has already been posted. I've noticed that if an article is online for more than a couple hours it's highly probable someone else has posted it already. Not much gets by the hundreds of people that post here.

Hey I'm just glad the arguments are all in this thread instead.

I think we all need the season to start. Soon!
You do a good job of getting the content that falls through the cracks scoop. And I agree we need the season to start so we can get back to arguing about Brimah.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You do a good job of getting the content that falls through the cracks scoop. And I agree we need the season to start so we can get back to arguing about Brimah.
I can't speak for anyone else but after the first loss and reading the attendant threads that follow that loss, I will look fondly to these off season rants. Hoping the team goes undefeated in the future just to eat my words.

Check that. Even after an NC there was plenty of arguments going on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am still piecing my life back together.

I think we are all like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense..or Nicole Kidman in the Others

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I can't speak for anyone else but after the first loss and reading the attendant threads that follow that loss, I will look fondly to these off season rants. Hoping the team goes undefeated in the future just to eat my words.

Check that. Even after an NC there was plenty of arguments going on.
Say what you want about mid September riff raff, but they are heavily invested in the team to be posting during the dog days. Drive by Riff Raff in season are the worst.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Say what you want about mid September riff raff, but they are heavily invested in the team to be posting during the dog days. Drive by Riff Raff in season are the worst.

Halftime of the ECU game last year...absolutely unbelievable. Hadn't seen most of those guys before and haven't seen any since.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Exactly. Lost in all the resentment we have towards one another when we get angry or frustrated by something that bothers us is that we are passionate fans of this team. We frequently disagree about things but the one thing 99.999% of us have in common is that we love UCONN MEN'S BASKETBALL!!!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Halftime of the ECU game last year...absolutely unbelievable. Hadn't seen most of those guys before and haven't seen any since.
Let's hope they're not just laying low.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
You are 100% correct. It is a guesstimation. Mack is a great example of that concept. I was told by a local reporter,2 national recruiting reporters, a top aau coach I am friendly with and a top uconn booster who is extremely close to the program that mack will pick uconn. All this happened in under 24 hours. So I post it on this board and as history tell things changed and from the sounds of it very quickly. so I have egg on my face. I had more sources then a NY times article but still ended up wrong. It is what it is ..always changing

Just an observation but I wonder how many of those were primary sources. Much of the recruiting game is a game of telephone - do you really think all of those people heard directly from Mack? If no, then I think your comment about 'more sources than a NY Times article' is a bit misguided.

Reaction Score
NY times line was a joke.... they all probably are secondary sources except the aau connection on mack (could be wrong). Most of the recruiting guys talk to a parent, Guardian, or coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom