Borges: Is Providence College becoming heated rival for UConn men’s basketball team? Depends on who you ask | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Borges: Is Providence College becoming heated rival for UConn men’s basketball team? Depends on who you ask

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s Providence: nobody cares. UCONN can’t experience devolution by making Providence level programs our rival. There’s nothing there.

We need to make sure especially with Jay Wright leaving that we go back to our traditional roots as much as possible.

You don’t abandon great rivalries to make new forced imaginary rivalries.

UCONN admin, Dave Benedict needs to make sure we reignite our rivalry with Syracuse.

We also need to look at Pitt as well when Capel gets canned.

These are very important steps particularly with the new NIL era and mercenary portal era.
Why do you keep bringing up Pitt? Providence is much more of a rival than Pitt. Pitt is among the furthest teams from being a rival of everyone who played in the Big East.

We need to move on. OU doesn’t have Nebraska anymore. KU doesn’t have Missouri. UT lost A&M (but is getting them back). Until UConn lands in the ACC, Syracuse is history. They don’t want to play us.

Reaction Score
So we’re 125 posts in and, 6000 views. Pretty clear to me that Providence is totally irrelevant to us. We don’t even think about them.

Really.

No really.

I’m serious - we don’t care.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So we’re 125 posts in and, 6000 views. Pretty clear to me that Providence is totally irrelevant to us. We don’t even think about them.

Really.

No really.

I’m serious - we don’t care.
Of course, the Conn College thread did nearly triple that, so they must be more of a rival, am I right?

It’s The Boneyard in the off-season, I wouldn’t read all that much into it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom