Borges confirmed: Hass is staying | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges confirmed: Hass is staying

Reaction Score
Hurley recently confirmed that Huskies are expecting to get 3 peat… just saying.

He once confirmed to the media that we were expected to be bullet proof… just saying.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Came straight from Storrs Central so it’s not just some unnamed source (BTW everyone should sub to SC even just for the monthly donation. Every dollar counts and these kids have earned it). I’m not sure what the rules are about sharing premium info here but if I break those rules then lmk and I’ll shut my trap lol
It was the "running back the threepete" that merited a "doomed".

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

Semper vigilans

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He must have regularly depressed a lot of opponents when he stepped on the court and raised the level of intensity and speed when the opponents were already sucking wind. As Painter said "lock down defenders coming off the bench." And his offense and decision making picked up this year as well.

Reaction Score
FACT: Hassan and Alex returning gives us a legit chance at a 3-Peat. Let's Go!!!!!!!!!

Also love that so many of you saw what I saw. Hassan was our most improved player and HUGELY important to our success this year. Time and time again he got us rolling at an even higher level when he entered the game in the first half. And you can not under estimate how important the 1-2 combo of him and Steph where as our defensive stoppers against our opponent's best guards. When Steph went out with foul trouble or for a breather, there was no let up. Hass was right in the guy's grill, also.

I guarantee you that Terrence Shannon Jr., Boo Buie, Mark Sears and everyone on Purdue not named Zach Edey are all still having nightmares about our 2-headed defensive monster.

If we, you know... do the amazing next year and go all the way... Hassan Diarra will be one of the biggest reasons why we get there. Guaranteed.
Great post, on the money. Somehow Sears scored 24 in that game anyway; I was surprised. We had the distinct advantage last year of locking up the other team's best scorer. It was really a big key to our winning game after game. We'll see who steps up next year to defend alongside Hassan.

Reaction Score
If Hass does indeed return, I can promise you all that there will not be a single player on the team who will work harder to improve his game this offseason.

He is a WORKER. Look at the leap he made this past year both shooting and defensively… not to mention he finishes like a NYC guard (which he is) around the rim.
This is a great point - I think it finally convinced me he should be next year’s starter

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You all worry about next year. I'm still trying to figure out how Hass improved his rim finishing so much this year. So much spin and touch now, plus an actual 3 point shot.

His defense and speed were always weapons.
I could be wrong but my memory of him trying to finish in '23 was that he'd be pretty out of control driving to the basket especially in transition where he'd end up 5 feet behind the backboard after he put up the lay up. In '24 it felt like he was able to drive hard but then actually be under control for the shot itself which led to a lot less of just chucking it off the backboard and hoping.

Re: his 3 point shot, I remember earlier in the season that Hurley mentioned it as a point of focus last summer for Hass to fix his shot by flattening it out a little bit. I never went and compared, but I assume if you put his '23 and '24 shots side by side, you'd see '23 was too high arcing.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but my memory of him trying to finish in '23 was that he'd be pretty out of control driving to the basket especially in transition where he'd end up 5 feet behind the backboard after he put up the lay up. In '24 it felt like he was able to drive hard but then actually be under control for the shot itself which led to a lot less of just chucking it off the backboard and hoping.

Re: his 3 point shot, I remember earlier in the season that Hurley mentioned it as a point of focus last summer for Hass to fix his shot by flattening it out a little bit. I never went and compared, but I assume if you put his '23 and '24 shots side by side, you'd see '23 was too high arcing.
I recall the same regarding his drives from '23.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I recall the same regarding his drives from '23.
Early 22-23 season he gave me some headaches but he did finish much better as the year went on. Now he’s pretty automatic.

Reaction Score
Kimani worked with him individually all summer. He was really hard on him, but look at the results...
We went to a lot of A&M games his last year there and watched most of them (mentored another player), he’s a totally different guy and more team-oriented vs trying to prove self. Kudos to Kimani. What a year Hass had, prob natl sixth man of year if not v close. Just a rock for us!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This is a great point - I think it finally convinced me he should be next year’s starter
Love Hass, and think he wins the starting job. Regardless would love to see him prove his 3 point shooting % is sustainable at a higher attempt rate and develop a mid range floater / jumper that cam and Steph both had this year. If he does that he could be one of the best guards in the entire country next year…

Reaction Score
You all worry about next year. I'm still trying to figure out how Hass improved his rim finishing so much this year. So much spin and touch now, plus an actual 3 point shot.

His improvement was wild. He also implemented a nasty eurostep into his game and made the layup off of it almost every time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is expected the same as confirming?
Expected by whom? If it's the OP, it means pretty much nothing. If it's Hurley, that's promising. If it's Hassan, that's very promising.
Even so it leaves wiggle room that the thread title doesn't allow for.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His improvement was wild. He also implemented a nasty eurostep into his game and made the layup off of it almost every time.
Driving to the hoop was the biggest single improvement area in his game. 22/23, his drives usually looked out of control, and often resulted in an 8 or 10 foot semi-hook shot instead of a layup. Or in a charge call. This season, he seemed so much better at identifying a seam in the D and weaving his way through it to an actual layup, albeit sometimes a highlight reel circus shot layup, but they went in the hole, and that's what counts.

Reaction Score
This is why we have to make up new words, since we don't use the words that we have with their generally understood definition.
We won’t know for sure until it’s conpected and exfirmed.
Don’t count your eggs before they’re hatched or put all your chickens all in one basket.

Reaction Score

He had a good 3PT shot before uconn, it was just his first year here that he sucked.

His massive outside shooting improvement this year was actually just a small improvement from two years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom