OT: - Boogie to Pelicans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boogie to Pelicans

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People on here talking about Cousins not sharing the ball, but can any one of you name another player on the Kings not named Rudy Gay?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
People on here talking about Cousins not sharing the ball, but can any one of you name another player on the Kings not named Rudy Gay?
Even so, he's averaging 4.9 apg with that cast of scrubs! His assist % is 28.9; Steph Curry's is 29.1.

Only better passing big men are Jokic (who is a god) and Marc Gasol.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Even so, he's averaging 4.9 apg with that cast of scrubs! His assist % is 28.9; Steph Curry's is 29.1.

Only better passing big men are Jokic (who is a god) and Marc Gasol.
Exactly, it's like saying Lebron was selfish on the old Cavs, although he did get to the finals with them.

Reaction Score
Exactly, it's like saying Lebron was selfish on the old Cavs, although he did get to the finals with them.

Cousins is selfish, just not in that way. His brand of selfish is literally playing zero defense when he is upset about something.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you're kidding because this is a gigantic trade.

Nope. There are certain players who get more publicity or credit because their name/nickname is cool. Make it where you'd have to call him Demarcus all the time and there'd be a massive reduction in comments about him.

Reaction Score
this is an amazing take

I forget where I first heard it but Tony Romo was mentioned. Tony Romo is just a cool QB name. Jake "the Snake" Plummer. Johnny Football. Etc, etc.

Reaction Score

goshdarn this might be the hottest take ever. I couldn't get through a minute. Hard to take a guy seriously when they are on record saying its more important to be interesting than to be right. I am all for him blaspheming the UK program, though. He is going to have all of Big Blue Nation hate listening to his show tomorrow.

Reaction Score
goshdarn this might be the hottest take ever. I couldn't get through a minute. Hard to take a guy seriously when they are on record saying its more important to be interesting than to be right. I am all for him blaspheming the UK program, though. He is going to have all of Big Blue Nation hate listening to his show tomorrow.
And he will keep riding this wave through the rest of the season as he watches the Pelicans not get through the first round or something. I think he felt his anti-Westbrook crusade had started to lose interest a couple weeks ago

Reaction Score
Nope. There are certain players who get more publicity or credit because their name/nickname is cool. Make it where you'd have to call him Demarcus all the time and there'd be a massive reduction in comments about him.

What a ridiculous stance to take. His nickname is clearly tertiary to his attitude and the fact that he's arguably the best 5 man in the game.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous stance to take. His nickname is clearly tertiary to his attitude and the fact that he's arguably the best 5 man in the game.

Nope.

So far, in this thread, he's been called DeMarcus once and Boogie seven times. The one time it was DeMarcus was the cut and paste of the official trade tweet from Bleacher Report?...because writing and saying Boogie is more fun than discussing anything else about him.

Reaction Score
Nope.

So far, in this thread, he's been called DeMarcus once and Boogie seven times. The one time it was DeMarcus was the cut and paste of the official trade tweet from Bleacher Report?...because writing and saying Boogie is more fun than discussing anything else about him.

What a troll. This thread was made just because people simply cannot resist typing Boogie, it clearly has nothing to do with the fact that one of the league's 10-12 best players got traded under pretty ridiculous circumstances.

Reaction Score
Nope.

Kudos to Rod Strickland for coining this nickname and giving Boogie his 15 minutes of fame. I do think that a guy who thinks of himself as a DeMarcus would take himself a little more seriously than a guy who sees himself as a Boogie. Hard to treat your coach and NBA officials with respect when your nickname is as silly as Boogie.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
@Matrim55

Yeah the dude can pass. But we Celtics fans know better than anyone that assists aren't proof of "not being selfish," because Rondo, in the later stages of his Boston career, went assist hunting pretty regularly to the detriment of the team.

Cousins is ball dominant. Sure, he can rack up the assists (and score). But the offense runs totally through him. He's skilled, so he puts up numbers. And we'll see what does with better players around him (well, one better player around him). We'll also see what happens when he's not the one and only alpha.

But even if we assume that he always makes the right play offensively, @walker11 still nailed why he's selfish: It's not that he won't pass the ball, it's that he pouts whenever something doesn't go his way. He doesn't run down the court to play D any time he thinks he got fouled. I honestly think he's a good person off the court but he's one of the worst teammates in the entire NBA. Watch, you're going to see a lot of stories come out. We already know of several.

I loke Jokic, btw. I'd take him any day of the week over DMC.

I did say earlier in the thread that this was a no-brainer for NO. I'm just happy it's their gamble and not Boston's.

Lastly, @Deepster, do you think people would have cared or not cared if Anthony Davis had been traded to Sacramento for a quarter on the dollar? His nickname is "AD," when people even use one.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nope.

And people called him "Cousins" 13 times by the time you wrote this post. So maybe it's who he is and not his stupid nickname?

Keep doubling down on this one. It's totally not the fact that he averages 28 points a game.

Nobody would be talking about Isaiah "Cheeseburger Face" Thomas without his cool nickname, either, right?

Reaction Score
And people called him "Cousins" 13 times by the time you wrote this post. So maybe it's who he is and not his stupid nickname?

Keep doubling down on this one. It's totally not the fact that he averages 28 points a game.

Nobody would be talking about Isaiah "Cheeseburger Face" Thomas without his cool nickname, either, right?

Not everyone is completely defined by just their name/nickname....but there are guys who are given more spotlight and shine because of it. Like Boogie. And like Johnny Football. You ever hear anyone call him John Manziel? Nope. You see what Johnny Football did last night? Yup. Is that really that confusing for you to see?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not everyone is completely defined by just their name/nickname....but there are guys who are given more spotlight and shine because of it. Like Boogie. And like Johnny Football. You ever hear anyone call him John Manziel? Nope. You see what Johnny Football did last night? Yup. Is that really that confusing for you to see?
This is like if Skip Bayless actually believed his BS. People call him Demarcus more often in conversations I've had about him than boogie. Comparing Jonny football and boogie is like comparing a rotten apple with an apple pie. Cousins is one of the best at his position, manziel can't find a job.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Nobody called Manziel "Johnny Football" until he was already a star.

Reaction Score
The long standing question. Is it the Kings dysfunction the fault of the FO or is it because of Boogie? We will find out soon enough but my money is on Vlade and Vivek.
The kings have been dysfunctional far longer than Boogie has been around.

Reaction Score
The kings have been dysfunctional far longer than Boogie has been around.

Very true. But I think Vivek is an entirely different form of ineptitude compared to the cheapskate Maloof brothers. Vivek is the JSM of the owners, minus the racism. He takes crazy positions which nobody agrees with but manages to think we are the crazy bastards.

Reaction Score
The long standing question. Is it the Kings dysfunction the fault of the FO or is it because of Boogie? We will find out soon enough but my money is on Vlade and Vivek.

I agree and the case got stronger today. Vlade admitted he had a better offer two days ago. Boogie isn't a free agent until after next season. So, in essence, Vlade pulled the trigger on an inferior deal an entire year before he had to do anything.

Reaction Score
He takes crazy positions which nobody agrees with but manages to think we are the crazy bastards.

So he problably believes in a flat earth. Maybe hes setting up to go after Westbrook? lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom