OT: - Boogie to Pelicans | The Boneyard

OT: Boogie to Pelicans

Reaction Score
IMG_2304.jpg
View attachment 19951

In exchange for Tyreke Evans, Buddy Hield and one first and one second round pick

Reaction Score
Wow that front court will be a freak show, they will have the rest of the season to gel.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Clearly after all the rumors, Ainge didn't want him. Celts could've beaten that with 6 different deals.

Reaction Score
Doesn't make much sense to me. Grabs headlines, but their two best players basically do the same thing. Unless they are going to sign and trade him in the off-season.

Sacramento.....is that the best you could get in return?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This makes me think that when it came down to it, no one really wanted to give up a lot to take on the risk of Cousins.
Otherwise, Sacramento could have gotten a LOT more in return.
New Orleans probably felt like they needed to take a risk, since they already have a franchise superstar wasting away on a bad team in his prime.

Reaction Score
Yes, Brown, Smart or Rozier, Johnson and 2018 Nets pick is much better than what the Pelicans gave up and this would be giving up next to nothing from C's

Clearly after all the rumors, Ainge didn't want him. Celts could've beaten that with 6 different deals.

Reaction Score
The Kings incompetence knows no bounds. They assured Boogie that he wouldn't be traded an hour before he did. Vivek needs to get forced out for the health of that city.

For the Pelicans, why not? They have arguably the 2 best bigs in the league now. There was no real move they could make that pushed the envelope since Nola isnt a FA destination, and they wont be bad enough for a top pick. I think they fit on offense just fine as both can shoot and Davis can chase 4s around on D.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Pelicans will move him quickly, zero chance they can sign him

But he's damages goods, the Kings gave up on him and couldn't get more

The Kings incompetence knows no bounds. They assured Boogie that he wouldn't be traded an hour before he did. Vivek needs to get forced out for the health of that city.

For the Pelicans, why not? They have arguably the 2 best bigs in the league now. There was no real move they could make that pushed the envelope since Nola isnt a FA destination, and they wont be bad enough for a top pick. I think they fit on offense just fine as both can shoot and Davis can chase 4s around on D.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The guy may have some skills but his mouth, actions and lack of any semblance of maturity make him someone you stay away from and quickly
Why folks like him think it's ok to act like a prima donna is beyond me
As evident by the components of the deal, his value was not what a person of his ability demands. Evans and Buddy arere questionable and unproven NBA talents and the 1st round draft choice is expected. Quite obviously there were/are a lot of GMs not willing to be a babysitter.
Maybe the Pelicans will keep him until end of season and then try to market him. Hopefully he and AD are buddies because they basically play the same position and sharing the ball is by no means one of Cousins strong points.

Reaction Score

True. The Kings are a joke. But if I am NO, I would be very worried. Cousins is uncoachable on a good day. Now you to deal with him after he just lost $50 million. Good luck with that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Obligatory "dump this in the pro sports forum" post.

/Deepster

Reaction Score
True. The Kings are a joke. But if I am NO, I would be very worried. Cousins is uncoachable on a good day. Now you to deal with him after he just lost $50 million. Good luck with that.

The long standing question. Is it the Kings dysfunction the fault of the FO or is it because of Boogie? We will find out soon enough but my money is on Vlade and Vivek.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The long standing question. Is it the Kings dysfunction the fault of the FO or is it because of Boogie? We will find out soon enough but my money is on Vlade and Vivek.

It could be both. It may well be both. You have to wonder why they chose to get rid of him. Stupidity doesn't really explain it. Prepare to hear a lot of leaked stories about Cousins from Kings sources who sat on info to preserve Boogie's value.

It's a no-brainer for NO. That team was wasting Davis and this is an opportunity they couldn't pass down.

For good teams, like the Celtics, it was a risk not worth taking.

Nobody knows how Cousins will play when he has to share the ball. Can he make teammates better? Will he ever play under control and not lose his head when something goes wrong?

It's a $216M gamble. I'd take it if I were NO, and I think Ainge made the smart choice in not taking it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The only reason, here or anywhere else, that anyone cares about this guy or this trade is because his nickname is "Boogie".

I'm sure you're kidding because this is a gigantic trade.

Reaction Score
How the Kings gutted a promising young team in 4 horrendous moves

Look back at the 2011 Kings roster. You’ll see names like Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Hassan Whiteside and Tyreke Evans. Three of those players are now bona fide stars in the league. Evans may have been one if not for career-altering injuries...

... so let’s recap what the Kings got back in return for this promising core:

• Greivis Vasquez
  • Alex Oriakhi
  • Buddy Hield
  • Three second-round picks
  • A first-round pick
  • A broken-down Tyreke Evans

Reaction Score
It could be both. It may well be both. You have to wonder why they chose to get rid of him. Stupidity doesn't really explain it. Prepare to hear a lot of leaked stories about Cousins from Kings sources who sat on info to preserve Boogie's value.

It's a no-brainer for NO. That team was wasting Davis and this is an opportunity they couldn't pass down.

For good teams, like the Celtics, it was a risk not worth taking.

Nobody knows how Cousins will play when he has to share the ball. Can he make teammates better? Will he ever play under control and not lose his head when something goes wrong?

It's a $216M gamble. I'd take it if I were NO, and I think Ainge made the smart choice in not taking it.

Yea, this is exactly my take as well. Kevin Arnovitz recently wrote a long piece examining the question of who is at fault. LINK

His conclusion is that both are likely at fault.

Reaction Score
How the Kings gutted a promising young team in 4 horrendous moves

Look back at the 2011 Kings roster. You’ll see names like Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Hassan Whiteside and Tyreke Evans. Three of those players are now bona fide stars in the league. Evans may have been one if not for career-altering injuries...

... so let’s recap what the Kings got back in return for this promising core:

• Greivis Vasquez
  • Alex Oriakhi
  • Buddy Hield
  • Three second-round picks
  • A first-round pick
  • A broken-down Tyreke Evans

By far and away the worst move was the Stauskas trade. I think that is the worst trade in NBA history.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hopefully he and AD are buddies because they basically play the same position and sharing the ball is by no means one of Cousins strong points.
Cousins is an excellent passer - back when Malone was coaching the Kings he was running a ton of action with Boogie at the center of it. Sharing the ball is actually one of his strong suits.

As for fitting with AD... AD only wants to be a 4, and Boogie only wants to be a 5. Plus because of Boogie's shooting (he's got more 3 pointers than Hield this year) he'll open things up for AD's dives to the bucket.

This is an unfathomably good trade for NO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom