Bonzie Colson: "UConn Hasn't Really Been Contacting Me" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bonzie Colson: "UConn Hasn't Really Been Contacting Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on the thread I would have expected his list of offers to be Drexel, URI and St. Joes.

He looks like the kind of kid that would play for Pitt and sh it all over us at Gampel with an old man game and leave everyone wondering "Why don't we sign kids like that?"

Bingo, Colson will make us remember Danya Abrahms, Lamar Middleton and so many others we always wished we had.............

I'm not even sure the kid is 6'5" but I don't care.......he knows how to rebound and wants to plus he can score it down low.......the will to be better is good with me!

Reaction Score
Bingo, Colson will make us remember Danya Abrahms, Lamar Middleton and so many others we always wished we had.............

I'm not even sure the kid is 6'5" but I don't care.......he knows how to rebound and wants to plus he can score it down low.......the will to be better is good with me!

Did you mean Lamont Middleton? I loved that guy. He had me watching Hartford Hawks basketball on the little black and white tv in my bedroom. Adrian Dantley type post player as I remember him.

Reaction Score
Did you mean Lamont Middleton? I loved that guy. He had me watching Hartford Hawks basketball on the little black and white tv in my bedroom. Adrian Dantley type post player as I remember him.

Yeah there was also a Middleton at St John's right? Good memory though...............loved Dantley

Reaction Score
Yeah there was also a Middleton at St John's right? Good memory though...............loved Dantley

Same Lamont Middleton. He starred at Hartford for 2 season, then transferred to St. John's.

Reaction Score
Thanks ........ why did we let him leave the state he was a load down low.......

Reaction Score
Thanks ........ why did we let him leave the state he was a load down low.......

He was an undersized 4 who knew how to put the ball in the hoop (see this Bonzie thread). He was from NYC so once he proved himself a star at Hartford, he bolted to SJU. This was back when SJU was an upgrade from Hartford, lol.

Reaction Score
This eerily reminds me of a potential "Ryan Gomes" scenario if we do not offer.

Reaction Score

I want to say Middleton was from NY, but I could be wrong on that one. I thought he basically went to home to play for St. Johns when he knew he could play at a higher level and wanted more of a challenge.

Reaction Score
Colson is, what, the fourth option at his position behind Abu, Robinson, and White (or even the fifth if you think Larrier can play a little 4)? I like Colson's game but I don't think it's terrible news that we aren't putting the full court press on him yet.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Colson is, what, the fourth option at his position behind Abu, Robinson, and White (or even the fifth if you think Larrier can play a little 4)? I like Colson's game but I don't think it's terrible news that we aren't putting the full court press on him yet.

They can still throw the kid a txt keep him waiting just incase we bomb on everyone eles. None of those guys are even close to being a lock.

caw

Reaction Score
If Boat and Daniels are gone that's 7 new players including Purvis.

1 Purvis
2 Hamilton
3 Snider or McLaughlin (I know not likely)
4 Oubre, Larrier, Robinson, Chatman, White
5 Abu

I think you could pick up two of the 4 group if Abu doesn't come.

Still leaves two more spots. If Colson wants to come even if UConn gets the players above, you take him regardless of size. Unless you think UConn can pull 7 players better than Colson?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If Boat and Daniels are gone that's 7 new players including Purvis.

1 Purvis
2 Hamilton
3 Snider or McLaughlin (I know not likely)
4 Oubre, Larrier, Robinson, Chatman, White
5 Abu

I think you could pick up two of the 4 group if Abu doesn't come.

Still leaves two more spots. If Colson wants to come even if UConn gets the players above, you take him regardless of size. Unless you think UConn can pull 7 players better than Colson?

While your numbering was a little confusing, looking at those names and their rankings reminds me that we will have an awesome class if we sign just one of them to go with Purvis and Daniel H. Having said that, let's get 3 more and call it a day. Okay, 4 if you insist.

1. Snider
2. Purvis
3. Daniel H., Larrier/Robinson
4. Abu and White

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They can still throw the kid a txt keep him waiting just incase we bomb on everyone eles. None of those guys are even close to being a lock.
I think the text goes out after 9/7 if Abu goes elsewhere.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm betting he commits to Pitt soon after his visit.

Reaction Score
Lamont

Lamont had 1000 in 2 years a Camp UHa, then went to St. John's. Liked him a lot. Giving back to the community these days.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Is he already 20?

I wouldn't think so.couldnt find his age listed,but I wouldn't of thought facey was 20 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom