Bonzie Colson: "UConn Hasn't Really Been Contacting Me" | The Boneyard

Bonzie Colson: "UConn Hasn't Really Been Contacting Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/08/terry-larrier-liked-uconn-visit-bonzie.html

Says UConn was always one of his dream schools. Should we offer? I say yes, and maybe he'll get one if Abu goes elsewhere. Did you see his stats during July EYBL? He averaged 18 pts, 6 rebs and 2 blks. So what if he is undersized (he's got a 6'11.5" wingspan BTW). Seems like he does nothing but outwork his opponent. He'd be ten toes in for all 4 years.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have a stud who's going to be 10 toes in for 3 years, win us a championship, become a lottery pick, and help us bring in other top recruits.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Reminds me of a poor man's Jeff Adrien. But he's like 6'5"....

Reaction Score
I actually say yes go ahead and offer because I don't think his verbal is going to make any of the top recruits think twice about PT but I could be wrong. I'll leave the decision to Ollie. I'm sure he has a plan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
6'5 pf, pass. and before people come at me with JA, we don't know if he's JA

Reaction Score
I only saw him play once and that was the game on ESPN against Tyus Jones's AAU team and he was matched up against Travis Reid. I liked what I saw and he definitely plays bigger than his height, he'll put up numbers in college. I would take him but hopefully the guys we're in play with work in our favor because it would probably be too late to jump back in now.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I have nothing against offering a kid who works hard and wants to be at the school.i think he'd be a good four year guy comeing off the bench giving us good minutes. Truth is we're not filling every scolly with four and five star nba guys.

Reaction Score
The kid looks like he knows where the basket is and can just score the ball........long, athletic and although undersized a kid I think we may wish we had at some point in a couple years!

Reaction Score
I only saw him play once and that was the game on ESPN against Tyus Jones's AAU team and he was matched up against Travis Reid. I liked what I saw and he definitely plays bigger than his height, he'll put up numbers in college. I would take him but hopefully the guys we're in play with work in our favor because it would probably be too late to jump back in now.

Could very well be true about becoming too late to get back in. But if I were Colson I wouldn't be too anxious to commit unless I fell in love with a school. He's the type of player who could find himself with a lot more options once the dust settles on a few of the higher-rated guys. If that's his approach, we could get back in. If other targets fell through, I'd love to have him. He seems like the type of smart undersized 4 that has traditionally given us fits.

Based on our targets so far though it may also be the case that KO is really looking for a 4 gazelle, 1 big man approach, in which case Bonzie wouldn't really fit.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I agree about how well he played against Reid though at times he seemed over matched inside on the defense end because of his size. If UCONN loses out on their other targets I would prefer to wait till next year for a power forward/center.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm not saying he's are ideal starter but seems good enough to have on the bench four years.

U

UCONNfan1

Good. Ollie can only focus on 25-30 kids. 31 would just be too many... Seriously, with the plethora of kids Ollie and the staff are looking at, clearly this kid is not a priority. If he were, he'd be contacted a "lot more" by UCONN...

Reaction Score
Way to go out on a limb. I'd rather have Lebron. This is fun.

I'm just saying, kids like this will be around next May if we absolutely, positively, have to fill up the roster. Let's not lower the bar in August.

Reaction Score
Bonzie may be 6'5" but he plays like he's 6'8". His style is similar to Abu's. They're both gamers. Also he should be a Top 100 recruit. There are not 100 better high school players.

Just a note in the the video attached to the original post he was matched up against Reid Travis a 6'8" Top 50 PF in the Class of 2014 and more than held his own. The kid can play. I would love to add him if Abu doesn't work out.

Reaction Score
Based on the thread I would have expected his list of offers to be Drexel, URI and St. Joes.

He looks like the kind of kid that would play for Pitt and sh it all over us at Gampel with an old man game and leave everyone wondering "Why don't we sign kids like that?"

Exactly!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Based on the thread I would have expected his list of offers to be Drexel, URI and St. Joes.

He looks like the kind of kid that would play for Pitt and sh it all over us at Gampel with an old man game and leave everyone wondering "Why don't we sign kids like that?"

Sooo DeJuan Blair 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds