Bonus Question | The Boneyard

Bonus Question

C

Chief00

I thought we would have a little fun and also appease the First Night guardians with an article about a UConn Woman's player. But, with Chief00 it always gets back to UConn MBB.

Bonus Question: What's the one takeaway in this article, that is instructive for Mr Williams, UConn MBB's new recruit?

I will give the answer at 8:30pm tonight.

Jeff Jacobs: After Long Wait, Geno, Huskies Eager To Get Azura Stevens Into Lineup
Jeff Jacobs: After Long Wait, Geno, Huskies Eager To Get Azura Stevens Into Lineup

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I want @Chief00 to identify which posters he deems "not casual."

It should be the other way around. He should identify all of the "casual fans". That way, they can all get together and whomp him at the first home game this coming season. :cool:

C

Chief00

I recognize it will take awhile for many casual fans to feel comfortable enough to put their toes in the water. In the meantime, UConn is grateful for your support.

Answer: Stevens worked on things she is not necessarily comfortable with:
1) Dribbling
2) Back to the basket moves
3) Learning to be dominate - which means in part you don't take plays off

Williams could learn a lesson from Stevens and spend his time not on dunks but rather on things he needs to improve on including foul shots and ball security.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.PNG
    IMG_1109.PNG
    274.6 KB · Views: 42
Reaction Score
I recognize it will take awhile for many casual fans to feel comfortable enough to put their toes in the water. In the meantime, UConn is grateful for your support.

Answer: Stevens worked on things she is not necessarily comfortable with:
1) Dribbling
2) Back to the basket moves
3) Learning to be dominate - which means in part you don't take plays off

Williams could learn a lesson from Stevens and spend his time not on dunks but rather on things he needs to improve on including foul shots and ball security.

Just bc you haven't seen video evidence of Kwintin working on certain aspects of his game doesn't mean he doesn't work on those particular aspects. Of course most of his highlighted videos are going to be dunks. He is arguably on of the best dunkers in the entire world. And that is coming from someone who went to HS with Zach Lavine. He is going to show off his extraordinary dunking ability because not many basketball players in the world can perform those dunks. It's a way of advertising himself. By no means should you assume that since he advertises himself that he doesn't work on other aspects of his game. It's unfair to him for you to assume this Chief. Btw I have seen lots of video footage of him performing shooting and dribbling drills also.

Reaction Score
It's like Christmas 4 months early.

You have a cool wrapped gift, you open it and.socks.
I love socks. I expect socks at Christmas. A great pair of socks in your stocking, like smartwool or something of the sort, makes me much happier than this thread does. Great post though, I guess I'm not the guy it was intended for!

Reaction Score
Just bc you haven't seen video evidence of Kwintin working on certain aspects of his game doesn't mean he doesn't work on those particular aspects. Of course most of his highlighted videos are going to be dunks. He is arguably on of the best dunkers in the entire world. And that is coming from someone who went to HS with Zach Lavine. He is going to show off his extraordinary dunking ability because not many basketball players in the world can perform those dunks. It's a way of advertising himself. By no means should you assume that since he advertises himself that he doesn't work on other aspects of his game. It's unfair to him for you to assume this Chief. Btw I have seen lots of video footage of him performing shooting and dribbling drills also.
This is what happens when the uninformed casual fan starts a thread. We get treated to lame assumptions and uninteresting drivel. Its alright though, Chief is just practicing what he preaches. Practice makes perfect Chief, don't give up slugger.

C

Chief00

Mike, excellent. I hope he has the same reaction. This is all about motivation to get better. Chief knows how to push the buttons. We had a coach a few years ago, who did that fairly well too.

C

Chief00

This is what happens when the uninformed casual fan starts a thread. We get treated to lame assumptions and uninteresting drivel. Its alright though, Chief is just practicing what he preaches. Practice makes perfect Chief, don't give up slugger.
The thread was so uninteresting, you commented. At any rate, I have said Williams has a good work ethic, I am just saying he needs to distribute the work differently - investing on things like foul shooting and ball security drills. He is more comfortable dunking but this will do more to make him a better player. I had this same conversation several years ago with a guy who has done pretty well since. Trust in Chief for analyzing the game - he knows a little about it!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I love socks. I expect socks at Christmas. A great pair of socks in your stocking, like smartwool or something of the sort, makes me much happier than this thread does. Great post though, I guess I'm not the guy it was intended for!

I don't understand why they are called 'smartwool'. They aren't that smart. My feet still sweat.

C

Chief00

Don't leave us in suspense! Who was it?!

Ask Daniels what happened before the Florida game in the NC semi finals. He may have to clean-up the language regarding what was said to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom