Bonner drops 35 on the Sun as Phx wins | The Boneyard

Bonner drops 35 on the Sun as Phx wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's having a tremendous year. I wonder if the league would consider the MVP award for a player whose team misses the post season. She's certainly worthy and has MVP numbers...

I still think Tina is miles ahead of everyone else, but if you are going to give it to the player having the best season, you have to consider Dewanna. Cappie would be a good choice too. Tina is 5th in scoring but 1st in rebounds.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Two players (who'll you'll recognize) did good work in a losing cause--Tiff with 16 & Renee with 25.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I was there... not fun at all. It was not the 35 points by the match-up nightmare Bonner that killed the Sun, it was their utter inability to rebound. 45-21 Phoenix... ugh. Its scary looking at Phoenix... they have two of the best forwards in the league (Taylor and Dupree) plus their starting point guard all in street clothes and DT played less than 20 mins. They will have a high draft choice coming also. The Sun look to remain good, but not good enough for the forseeable future. Best team in the East as of today... Atlanta (as expected).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, the player who's shooting right around 36% has MVP numbers...
On a team who is missing almost everyone who's any good, she's about the only option, so her shooting numbers include launching 3 point shots (only 28%), something none of the post players attempt. 3 of their starters are on the bench and the world's best player only averages 21 PPG. So Bonner tries to do it all. And she's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league at 85%. I guess by your logic, the MVP always goes to the player who has the best shooting % in the league. Congrats to Fowles.

Reaction Score
Actually, I do think TheTruthBelow makes a good point. Even when D plays, Dewanna still seems to shoot (and miss) A LOT. I personally like her game (and personality) a great deal, but I agree that I would not consider a player MVP-caliber with such a low FG percentage.

This the same reason I don't like players like Shimmel, Simmons, and Prahalis.

LOL. Apparently, "PPG" stands for minutes per game now, too!

Nice straw man attempt, though...

Reaction Score
Really, I'm not even sure why you bother visiting our board. The only thing you ever seem to post are idiotic and snarky comments. Please do everyone a favor and go back to your orange board. You contribute zero here.

On a team who is missing almost everyone who's any good, she's about the only option, so her shooting numbers include launching 3 point shots (only 28%), something none of the post players attempt. 3 of their starters are on the bench and the world's best player only averages 21 PPG. So Bonner tries to do it all. And she's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league at 85%. I guess by your logic, the MVP always goes to the player who has the best shooting % in the league. Congrats to Fowles.

1. Eric, he(she) makes a valid point.
2. What good is a discussion board without differing points of view?

Reaction Score
Bonner shouldn't come anywhere close to winning the MVP.

At this point, it should probably be Tina - 1st in rebounds, 6th in points, 3rd in blocks, and shooting 49% on the second-best team in the WNBA.

Catchings is very close, but considering she won it undeservedly last year (really, it was more of a lifetime achievement award) I have a hunch they'll give it to Tina this time around. But, you never know with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom