Boneyarder injured! | The Boneyard

Boneyarder injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In John A's chat, Bruinball reports a knee injury. No details are available at this time, but I suspect he went very vertical when Kelly hit consecutive 3-pointers against Charleston and came down awkwardly, just missing both his young daughter and the large Indiana Christmas tree.

Get well, Bruin! :)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's not pretty. I have a pic, but hesitate to post it. I was injured my freshman year playing football and chipped off a piece of the upper-inner piece of my kneecap (20 years ago). Over time the muscles on the outside of my knee have pulled my kneecap well out of alignment. The doc scoped in, found a older partially torn ACL (only 10%) that he cleaned up with a lot of other debris. He had to do a release on my outer quad muscle and then reattached additional muscle from my interior thigh directly to the kneecap to hold it in alignment - and I have a beautiful 5 inch scar around the top and inside of my kneecap to show for it. The toughest part has been not being able to walk around with my wonderful daughter. Hopefully, I will be off of the crutches when they take out the stitches tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Mrs. Bruin has been the real trooper!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Trooper, as in Indiana State Trooper? You could be in real trouble. Hide any contraband.

Blessings with the healing as one quad to another.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Trooper, as in Indiana State Trooper? You could be in real trouble. Hide any contraband.

Blessings with the healing as one quad to another.
Nah Ice, my best friend is the State Trooper. Thanks! How is your previous injury doing?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nah Ice, my best friend is the State Trooper. Thanks! How is your previous injury doing?
I have no pain but the strength still isn't what I want but they said that could take up to18 months because of my particular injury and I wonder at times if I have a geometry issue. All in all it is good and better than many.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Boneyard has become the orthopedic ward! We are talking about bones, quite literally! :cool:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I am reminded of an earlier thread discussing the ages of typical Boneyarders. Are these recent episodes merely the tip of the icepack?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am reminded of an earlier thread discussing the ages of typical Boneyarders. Are these recent episodes merely the tip of the icepack?
Bruin has a new baby, so by BY standards, he's a young 'un.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Yeah, I had my surgery on 12/13/11, I was a young 33. On 12/15, I turned 34. I feel feeble and decrepit. Hopefully, I can get back to spry very soon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah, I had my surgery on 12/13/11, I was a young 33. On 12/15, I turned 34. I feel feeble and decrepit. Hopefully, I can get back to spry very soon.
Get well soon, bruin. I had my knee scoped in September (unrepaired torn ACL, torn meniscus, beginnings of osteoarthritis) and it's coming along slowly.

Hey, bruin, I was just noticing your Peyton Manning avatar and was reminded you're a Colts fan. Got any good words for Danny Orlovsky of Shelton CT and UConn, class of 2005? He saved the Colts from a winless season.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Some are unhappy that we won. Kind of sad if you ask me. I understand a potential #1 pick is on the line, but how many times do #1 picks reach expectations? I think they should have played him much sooner. I thought it was evident early on that Painter just doesn't have it. If Painter is on the roster next year, I may go try out for the D line :0)

Anyway, the UConn boys (Brown as well) have played some pretty big roles in making sure we didn't go winless, and I thank them for that!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Colts actually has three UConn guys - LB Scott Lutrus being the third.

lutrus-scott.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, from the point of view of a Swede having surgery on Santa Lucia Day, 12/13, can only be a good thing if you had to have surgery.

Reaction Score
I hope Bruin does not get the medical opinion of the METS doctors?............

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Sorry, Bruin, to me the Colts belong in Baltimore. My heros were Johnny Unitas, Ray Berry, Jim Mutscheller, Jimmy Orr, Big Daddy Lipscomb, Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, and others. I'm dating myself, but I never forgave that guy who traded the Rams for the Colts for moving them in the dark of night to Indianapolis.

Incidentally, the Colts have a very interesting franchise history which I doubt many know about. In fact, they are part Dodgers, part Yankees, and even part Dallas Texans. Yes, in football. Here's a description from Wikipedia (and a little history as to the chaos that was professional football before the mid-1950s):

The Colts franchise was officially created in 1953, but can trace its history to before the NFL actually began; its earliest predecessor was the Dayton Triangles, a founding member of the NFL that was originally created in 1913. That team went through the following changes:
  • The Dayton Triangles relocated to Brooklyn and were renamed the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1930.
  • The Brooklyn Dodgers changed their name to the Brooklyn Tigers in 1944. In the same year, the Boston Yanks were founded.
  • The Brooklyn Tigers and the Boston Yanks merged on a temporary basis in 1945, becoming the wartime "Yanks".
  • The Brooklyn Tigers were canceled by the league as a separate franchise at the end of the 1945 season, and the team's temporary merger with the Boston Yanks was made permanent. The Tigers' former owner founded a parallel team in the rival All-America Football Conference (AAFC), the New York Yankees.
  • The Miami Seahawks of the AAFC were purchased and relocated to Baltimore and renamed the Baltimore Colts in 1947. This version of the Colts wore green and silver and were brought into the NFL in 1950, but the franchise folded at the end of the season.
  • The Boston Yanks moved to New York in 1949 and became the New York Yanks. They absorbed much of the roster of the AAFC's New York Yankees team the next year.
  • The New York Yanks moved to Dallas in 1952 and were renamed the Dallas Texans.
  • The Texans become a road team halfway through the 1952 season and were dissolved shortly thereafter.
  • The Dallas Texans franchise was reorganized and moved to Baltimore on January 23, 1953. They adopted the name Baltimore Colts, but kept the Texans' team colors of blue and white.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Roy, I'll trade you straight up for the Ravens right now. ;)

Bruin, I'm not a Ravens fan. I connected with the Baltimore Colts because of the great 1958 sudden death NFL championship over the NY Giants, and because the Colts had the same colors in their uniforms as the Dodgers. I like Baltimore, but I had a special connection with the Colts. The Ravens are just the ex-Browns.

As for the current Colts, I suspect they'll be back soon. This season has to have been an aberration. Incidentally, hope you feel better soon.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Thanks Roy. I root for the Colts becaise they are my hometown team. As a younger fan it was the 49ers with Montana to Rice and the Lions because of Barry Sanders. When/if Barry Sanders Jr makes the league, that will be my new favorite :) With football, my loyalties have always sided more with players than the actual teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks Roy. I root for the Colts becaise they are my hometown team. As a younger fan it was the 49ers with Montana to Rice and the Lions because of Barry Sanders. When/if Barry Sanders Jr makes the league, that will be my new favorite :) With football, my loyalties have always sided more with players than the actual teams.
I loved Barry too. He retired at the top of his game. Look for a comeback! :)

On a serious note, I hope Peyton can come back. Otherwise, the Colts will need a lot of Luck.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I want RG3, but I truly hope Peyton is healthy. Barry's son will be a college freshman next year and is being looked at by OkSt, Alabama and others. He's a top ranked HS running back and he runs just like his dad and has the same quietness. Youtube him, you will like it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I want RG3, but I truly hope Peyton is healthy. Barry's son will be a college freshman next year and is being looked at by OkSt, Alabama and others. He's a top ranked HS running back and he runs just like his dad and has the same quietness. Youtube him, you will like it.
Thanks. Barry was worth the price of admission, just by himself.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Barry Sanders JR plays against atrocious competition at the high school level. He's a good running back, but his daddy he ain't. Really looking forward to seeing what a pair of Texas high school RBs do at the next level: Jonathan Gray and Trey Williams. JG is headed to Texas and Trey to A&M.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Barry Sanders JR plays against atrocious competition at the high school level. He's a good running back, but his daddy he ain't. Really looking forward to seeing what a pair of Texas high school RBs do at the next level: Jonathan Gray and Trey Williams. JG is headed to Texas and Trey to A&M.
Rarely are the offspring as good as elite level parents. Ken Griffey, Jr. and Barry Bonds were exceptions. In terms of Barry's style of running, only Gayle Sayers and maybe Elroy Hirsch are in the same league.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Barry Sanders Jr will be competing in the Army All American game on Jan. 7th, let's see how he does there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom