Boneyard Walk of Shame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Walk of Shame

Reaction Score
We should be glad UCF lost. This would not have been a good year to claim a co-championship. This Trevor Lawrence kid might work wonders for Clemson and the ACC.

Reaction Score
LOL back to 13 data points ignoring that Notre Dame doesn’t play an FCS game.

If anyone needs evidence that their bias is absurd.... this is a Boston College fan mad he couldn’t get into Notre Dame who’s last 30 posts are anti-Notre Dame on a UConn board.

If you agree with him.....
I know you keep mentioning the point of the FCS opponent, and it’s fair in some regard but I don’t know any of the universities who finished in the top 10 who played an FCS opponent in the last 25% of their schedule. Usually it’s their first game but have not seen it go to the last part of their schedule. We also know that if you suffer one loss it is much better to do so in the beginning of the season. So comparing a tough 12 game schedule to a scrimmage with a tough 11 game and then (a bonifide game where two ranked teams play and the winner moves on is a bit different)

A diatribe on my personal bias against ND - please skip for those that don’t care:
However, as much as I hate ND, it would have been very interesting if ND lost their first game and then ran the table would they have still gone? A hypothetical question but one that I feel would still have them going...and that is why I know I am biased. But just because I can admit my bias doesn’t mean my dislike for ND is going away. Their history is riddled with exceptions to the rules of many other universities. Perhaps more so than any other program. But it doesn’t mean they are the only ones being shown favoritism through name recognition. So my special dislike for ND lies outside this metric. It is the arrogance of their university. The hypocrisy they prominently display or refuse to display to gain prominence for their school and Not for the Roman Catholic Institution which is what they are First & Foremost! Let them Advertise that for better or worse! It is in this that I find hypocracy, why I am biased -why I am against The Judas U!

Other prominent CFS in the BCS receive the similar advantage, perhaps not as great. It is a part of franchises and of athletes in sports. Super-star athletes in the NBA who could take 4-5 steps and not get called for traveling. There are hundreds of these examples. Ending my point here without citing examples, because I am sure it is easy enough for anyone to do.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know you keep mentioning the point of the FCS opponent, and it’s fair in some regard but I don’t know any of the universities who finished in the top 10 who played an FCS opponent in the last 25% of their schedule. Usually it’s their first game but have not seen it go to the last part of their schedule. We also know that if you suffer one loss it is much better to do so in the beginning of the season. So comparing a tough 12 game schedule to a scrimmage with a tough 11 game and then (a bonifide game where two ranked teams play and the winner moves on is a bit different)

A diatribe on my personal bias against ND - please skip for those that don’t care:
However, as much as I hate ND, it would have been very interesting if ND lost their first game and then ran the table would they have still gone? A hypothetical question but one that I feel would still have them going...and that is why I know I am biased. But just because I can admit my bias doesn’t mean my dislike for ND is going away. Their history is riddled with exceptions to the rules of many other universities. Perhaps more so than any other program. But it doesn’t mean they are the only ones being shown favoritism through name recognition. So my special dislike for ND lies outside this metric. It is the arrogance of their university. The hypocrisy they prominently display or refuse to display to gain prominence for their school and Not for the Roman Catholic Institution which is what they are First & Foremost! Let them Advertise that for better or worse! It is in this that I find hypocracy, why I am biased -why I am against The Judas U!

Other prominent CFS in the BCS receive the similar advantage, perhaps not as great. It is a part of franchises and of athletes in sports. Super-star athletes in the NBA who could take 4-5 steps and not get called for traveling. There are hundreds of these examples. Ending my point here without citing examples, because I am sure it is easy enough for anyone to do.

Fairly simple.

13 ‘data points’ with an FCS opponent is the same as Notre Dame’s 12 ‘data points’.

2018 13th datapoints

Clemson - The Citadel
UCF - South Carolina State
Georgia - Austin Peay

The only school with a gripe about 13 datapoints was Ohio State. Can we stop pretending that Notre Dame’s 12 is any different than the SEC or AAC.

I don’t think they would have gotten in if they lost to Michigan.

Reaction Score
Fairly simple.

13 ‘data points’ with an FCS opponent is the same as Notre Dame’s 12 ‘data points’.

2018 13th datapoints

Clemson - The Citadel
Georgia - Austin Peay

The only school with a gripe about 13 datapoints was Ohio State. Can we stop pretending that Notre Dame’s 12 is any different than the SEC or AAC.

I understand why you say that when it comes to ranking. However, would you agree that even when playing against an FCS opponent you still have risk of injury. Or when the toughest game of your season comes right before the play-off selection committee. Also for the record I was not opposed to ND going or not going to the play-offs. I don’t think anyone had any doubts that AL and Clemson was going to be the final act on college football for 2018. So we are arguing about who should have finished 3rd or 4th....really makes no difference. It certainly has no impact on the school I watch, UCONN.

I just think you and I are going to disagree on 13 versus 12 games. We will disagree on wether or not this would impact ND going to a play-off. 2018 was not the example of authoritative bias by the selection committee, because I don’t smell enough stink in my mind’s nose for it to be given a smell test. Never mind that we just need a situation to present itself where ND with the schedule of schools they play, are either fairly weak and un-ranked, giving the schools that play the 13th game an advantage or a school which could not have a majority of starters unable to play their FCS opponents and they lose this one game. Then the starters return run the table on ranked opponents and ND goes to the play-offs while other stated school does not.

Reaction Score
Fairly simple.

2018 13th datapoints

Clemson - The Citadel
Georgia - Austin Peay

One more time: UCF did not have a "13th data point" in 2018. Their game with UNC was cancelled so they only played 12 games (including the AAC Championship Game)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One more time: UCF did not have a "13th data point" in 2018. Their game with UNC was cancelled so they only played 12 games (including the AAC Championship Game)

Right but everyyear we hear the 13th datapoint nonsense from places that count Savannah State as a datapoint.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand why you say that when it comes to ranking. However, would you agree that even when playing against an FCS opponent you still have risk of injury. Or when the toughest game of your season comes right before the play-off selection committee. Also for the record I was not opposed to ND going or not going to the play-offs. I don’t think anyone had any doubts that AL and Clemson was going to be the final act on college football for 2018. So we are arguing about who should have finished 3rd or 4th....really makes no difference. It certainly has no impact on the school I watch, UCONN.

I just think you and I are going to disagree on 13 versus 12 games. We will disagree on wether or not this would impact ND going to a play-off. 2018 was not the example of authoritative bias by the selection committee, because I don’t smell enough stink in my mind’s nose for it to be given a smell test. Never mind that we just need a situation to present itself where ND with the schedule of schools they play, are either fairly weak and un-ranked, giving the schools that play the 13th game an advantage or a school which could not have a majority of starters unable to play their FCS opponents and they lose this one game. Then the starters return run the table on ranked opponents and ND goes to the play-offs while other stated school does not.

Whatever convolted illogical word salad you need to convince yourself that 12-0 Notre Dams shouldn’t be the playoff is cool. This is so looney it can’t even be debates because it makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Right but everyyear we hear the 13th datapoint nonsense from places that count Savannah State as a datapoint.

It's just some stupid term the "committee" invented in 2014 when they needed a way to screw TCU and drop them from #3 to #6 despite winning their last game by 60 points.

The fact that anyone would think a 12-0 ND would not or should not be in the CFP is beyond absurd.

Reaction Score
Whatever convolted illogical word salad you need to convince yourself that 12-0 Notre Dams shouldn’t be the playoff is cool. This is so looney it can’t even be debated .
For the record I think for the 2018 - 2019 season ND had as much right or even more to go to the play-offs as tOSU and OU. I do not feel that any school the selection committee had chosen would have upset the final outcome. I feel that ND going was not a bad choice based on their record. I also had in my heart that it was going to be another repeat of AL versus Clemson - no matter who went.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For the record I think for the 2018 - 2019 season ND had as much right or even more to go to the play-offs as tOSU and OU. I do not feel that any school the selection committee had chosen would have upset the final outcome. I feel that ND going was not a bad choice based on their record. I also had in my heart that it was going to be another repeat of AL versus Clemson - no matter who went.

So you agree they deserved to go but were invited for the wrong reasons.

I think I’d wait for them to get invited when they don’t deserve it before I decided it’s biased towards them.

Reaction Score
My 4 cents:
*ND was a very good team, but would not have been in the playoffs without the ND mystique.
*UCF was a very good team, but would never have made the playoffs because they had no conference cred.
*The subjective drama is part of the playoffs, driving website buzz, paying talking heads, and keeping (many) people interested in college football long after their team crapped out.
*UCONN football will be better in 2019 than 2018, but not by much. A low-level bowl against a no-name team will be a triumph for RE 2.0.

You said a low level bowl will be a triumph for UConn? Before that you said that UConn will be better, but not by much. If we get invited to a bowl game we will need to win at least 6 games, after winning 1 game this year, if we win 6 games next year, we will be ALOT BETTER! Right? :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Um this is the only time Notre Dame has been invited.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
You said a low level bowl will be a triumph for UConn? Before that you said that UConn will be better, but not by much. If we get invited to a bowl game we will need to win at least 6 games, after winning 1 game this year, if we win 6 games next year, we will be ALOT BETTER! Right? :)
Very true...

Reaction Score
We should be glad UCF lost. This would not have been a good year to claim a co-championship. This Trevor Lawrence kid might work wonders for Clemson and the ACC.

They wouldn't have claimed one this year. They would have been pissed they didn't get a chance to play for one, but they wouldn't have claimed one over Clemson - who was 15-0.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom