Boneyard Walk of Shame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Walk of Shame

Reaction Score
Lol accuses someone (unfoundedly) of holding some historical bias in favor of Notre Dame

Then uses history and hindsight against Notre Dame. And sorry buddy, IDGAF about that school.

Notre Dame went undefeated. Trying to argue 2 loss teams is absurd.
IMO the argument ends here if you’re talking ND vs Georgia for the last spot

And besides, I t’s not like Notre Dame played a meh schedule while going undefeated... not like any 2017 team did...

Reaction Score
ND went 12-0, including wins over 3 ranked teams in the final polls (no team beat more).

It beat two 10 win teams and two 9 win teams. It had 10 P5 wins. It didn't play an FCS scrimmage for a "13th data point". (It has never played an FCS team)

Ohio State lost by 29 points to 6-6 Purdue. Georgia had 2 losses, one by 20 points.

ND earned its place in the playoffs.
VT shouldn't have been ranked after losing to Old Dominion. Please.

Reaction Score
I will admit...I had not realized how good Clemson was and I was on the "ND just isn't good enough" bandwagon. I didn't watch Clemson's games this year...but it seemed like during the season Clemson was good, but they didn't seem to destroy teams like Alabama did.

so....maybe ND isn't a fraud....dammit!
Clemson didn't really start rolling until true freshman Trevor Lawrence got the starting nod at QB midseason over Kelly Bryant.

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame deserved to be in based on resume - a reasonable opinion that i'd probably agree with reluctantly - then how does last night impact that? I'm guessing most people who rode against Notre Dame were making the argument that they weren't one of the four best teams. They're no closer to being one of the four best teams now than they were last night unless you're a big transitive property guy.

Also relevant: Clemson outgained Notre Dame by about 300 yards whereas they actually trailed Bama in that department until garbage time.

Reaction Score
Maybe they still got pushed around by a team that didn’t have a cornerback. Not like good cornerbacks. Cornerbacks.
If they had a quarterback that had a clue, may have been different. The poor kid got exposed. No pocket awareness.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they had a quarterback that had a clue, may have been different. The poor kid got exposed. No pocket awareness.

Irony: They name is the power conference team excuses applied to Central Florida.

Reaction Score
Don't remember any Diaco teams giving up like I saw last year. Poorly game coached, maybe...
Agree to disagree. I thought we quit a few times in the past few years. Could have just been exhaustion though on defense.

Reaction Score
VT shouldn't have been ranked after losing to Old Dominion. Please.

Not counting Virginia Tech. Counting teams in the final top 25. Michigan, Syracuse and Northwestern.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Usually bowl season is filled with people making excuses why some big school lost to Boise or Troy or Western Michigan.

Now people are making excuses why UCF lost... they may have made the big time.

Reaction Score
Not counting Virginia Tech. Counting teams in the final top 25. Michigan, Syracuse and Northwestern.
Compared to other schools, such as, ahem, Georgia, still unimpressive.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Usually bowl season is filled with people making excuses why some big school lost to Boise or Troy or Western Michigan.

I appear to have stumbled onto a Notre Dame message board. Could you point me towards the UConn message board?

Reaction Score
"Downtrending"...

From Notre Dame's SID, Michael Bertsch:

@NDsidBertschy

Most ND Wins Over Any Two-Year Span

1988-89: 24

2017-18: 22

1992-93: 21

1989-90: 21

1973-74: 21

Notre Dame went 22-4 (.846) over the last 2 years -- 4th-best among the Power-5.

Here's where the Irish rank among the Power-5 in other categories the last two seasons:

Final AP Top-25 Wins - 7 (t-4th)

AP Top-25 Wins - 7 (t-4th)

FBS Wins - 22 (5th)

Power 5 Wins - 17 (5th)

The Irish vermin can play whoever they want; unlike most other programs.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I agree with Whaler that ND is a very good team, one of the best in CF this year. My disagreement is that they were the 4th best and that they do not derive benefit from their mystique. Just the fact that they do not play in a conference adds to the myth of ND. They get a single, separate vote with the P5 and G5 commissioners meet. That is a perception advantage.

UCF is a separate issue. I do not think they deserved to be in the playoff this year. My point is they WILL NEVER be in the playoffs because of their conference and lack of mystique.

Reaction Score
- ND was undefeated against a FBS only schedule.
- ND also has "mystique"
- I hate ND
- ND deserved to be in the top 4 given the way the process is
- I'm really happy they lost
- UCF (with MM) might have done better, but they still would have lost. They might have done better without MM, but that isn't the point.
- ND played a much better schedule - so ND should have been ranked ahead of UCF 100% of the time given the same record.
- I'm super happy that both ND and Bama lost.

And btw - OSU and/or Georgia might be a lot better than ND - so beat Purdue, etc. and stop complaining.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You apparently missed games four 4-12 in 2016.

Given how weird things sometimes get during the summer months, I wouldn't be surprised if we have our first Diaco apologist pop up around that time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You apparently missed games four 4-12 in 2016.
And you must have missed the November home games this past season. I never saw blatant jogging like that before.

Reaction Score
And you must have missed the November home games this past season. I never saw blatant jogging like that before.

I did. In October and November of 2016, and in late September/Early October 2013. Heck, I remember seeing it against MTSU and Temple in 2001.

Reaction Score

Well, I was rooting for UCF, strictly as a conference rep. It's called trickle down... ;^)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom