Boneyard Top 25: next ballots due Mon. morning | The Boneyard

Boneyard Top 25: next ballots due Mon. morning

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The next installment of the BY Top 25 poll is rapidly approaching.

Ballots are due to me, via PM, by Monday, Nov. 18 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. These ballots should reflect all games played through Sunday, Nov. 17.

Again, full ballots (of 25 teams) are encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.

1573861422977.png

Resources:

Reaction Score
@Lorcan, if you're comfortable making this editable, I'm sure many of us would be happy to crowd-source this to help you keep it up to date. (Just a suggestion to reduce any one poster's burden.)

If anyone wants to request access I’m happy to make it editable. Currently singing Thank U, Next at Karaoke. Wish me luck.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Bump for reminder. Ballots due tomorrow at 9 a.m. Eastern time.

Reaction Score
I'm updating the spreadsheet right now, should have it done in a few.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
By my count... 7 teams should be dropping out of the poll.... gonna be interesting to see which teams will be from say 17-25

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nine ballots have been submitted so far (for comparison, 21 were received in the preseason poll). Keep 'em coming!

I was curious about how turnout would be affected by the tight turnaround from the completion of Sunday's games to the Monday morning deadline. I can be convinced the extend the deadline to 10 a.m. if that would help some folks.

Reaction Score
I’ll be curious to see if the Boneyard Poll drops a few teams further in the polls (or totally out) than it seems the AP or Coaches seem to do.

Reaction Score
@Plebe in what format can one submit this poll to you? Excel or others? Thank you for your services.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe in what format can one submit this poll to you? Excel or others? Thank you for your services.
Most people just make it a simple list in a private message, but an Excel file or other attachment is perfectly fine as well, as long as the attachment works.

Last call for ballots. I'll accept them up until 10 a.m., an hour and half from now. We now have 12 ballots submitted, hoping for some more.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Results are in:

1574101454322.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Drake (26), Gonzaga (26), Missouri State (24), West Virginia (20), Notre Dame (17), Minnesota (5), Rice (2).

Teams listed on only one ballot: Arizona State, Western Kentucky, Princeton, Virginia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia Tech.

Moving in: #16 Michigan State, #20 South Dakota, #21 Tennessee, #25 South Florida
Dropping out: #15 Notre Dame, #16 Texas, #19 Minnesota, #20 Arizona State, #23 Drake

Reaction Score
I just realized that I’ve left Florida State off both my polls. When they get an unexpected boost in the next poll, we can call it the Lorcan Effect.

I’m surprised that more people didn’t rank Missouri State after their recent run. They certainly have better wins than a lot of teams out there such as Michigan, Indiana, Arkansas, and Syracuse.

I make no apologies for singlehandedly making South Dakota ranked higher than Tennessee. It is concerning to me that there is a lack of appreciation for some pretty great non-P5 teams out there, but I guess since UConn is #4, everything is just fine and dandy.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just realized that I’ve left Florida State off both my polls. When they get an unexpected boost in the next poll, we can call it the Lorcan Effect.

I’m surprised that more people didn’t rank Missouri State after their recent run. They certainly have better wins than a lot of teams out there such as Michigan, Indiana, Arkansas, and Syracuse.

I make no apologies for singlehandedly making South Dakota ranked higher than Tennessee. It is concerning to me that there is a lack of appreciation for some pretty great non-P5 teams out there, but I guess since UConn is #4, everything is just fine and dandy.
Ha oops huh. But given the point differential, Florida State’s position wouldn’t have improved unless you voted them 1st or 2nd.

Reaction Score
I must say, the Boneyard poll/ranking is far more thoughtful than the rest of these "official" rankings. Thanks @Plebe for taking the time/effort to create and keep updated.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I'm not sure that's a completely fair statement.

I can't speak for others, but I watch a lot of women's basketball (read: I half watch a lot of women's basketball while I'm cross stitching and sewing), and for teams in the MVC, Summit League, Big Sky, etc., it's just not as easy to watch them play. I think it's hard rank a mid-major that you haven't seen play, especially when you're trying to compare them to P5 teams.

Reaction Score
I must say, the Boneyard poll/ranking is far more thoughtful than the rest of these "official" rankings. Thanks @Plebe for taking the time/effort to create and keep updated.
The Boneyarders who post here a very knowledgeable. That's why I'm on here all the time.

Plebe

Reaction Score

You make a good point, but to be fair, the same could be said of Baylor. The only teams that don't have better wins than Baylor are the teams that are winless.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Results are in:

View attachment 48226

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Drake (26), Gonzaga (26), Missouri State (24), West Virginia (20), Notre Dame (17), Minnesota (5), Rice (2).

Teams listed on only one ballot: Arizona State, Western Kentucky, Princeton, Virginia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia Tech.

Moving in: #16 Michigan State, #20 South Dakota, #21 Tennessee, #25 South Florida
Dropping out: #15 Notre Dame, #16 Texas, #19 Minnesota, #20 Arizona State, #23 Drake
It's funny that this board has Stanford over UConn, because I had UConn higher than Stanford. I guess maybe we're all our own teams' worst critics. =)

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's funny that this board has Stanford over UConn, because I had UConn higher than Stanford. I guess maybe we're all our own teams' worst critics. =)
It was very close in points. Both teams have shown vulnerability, in different ways. Perhaps one can debate whether going OT with Gonzaga is better or worse than limping to a 12 or 13 point win over Cal and Vanderbilt.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Perhaps Gonzaga should be higher than "also receiving votes". We'll see as the season goes on, of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom