Boneyard Telephone Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Telephone Game

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's no hill to die on. You're really taking issue with players being an inch taller than Karaban?

You then say Robinson-Earl is his best comp and he's bigger than all the UConn players I named, shot the three worse than all of them, and played center for Nova.

Daniels is a better style of play comparison to how Karaban plays than Giffey or Robinson-Earl from what I've seen. Lydon as Ricker pointed out and Karaban likened his game to seems like maybe the best comparison.

Alex is free to compare his game to anyone he likes. Lydon is listed as 6'10" and 225 lbs. Karaban is nowhere near that size. Would I be happy if Karaban could put up the shooting, scoring and rebounding numbers of Lydon? Hell yeah. And Karaban is free to look at highlights and try to model his game after Lydon. But that's not a good comp.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It did not need fixing...Effectivity equals..."power to be effective"

Synonym ....

^ Interesting, and new to me. Thx.

An alternative take, offered without contrary attitude other than how it tracks the thinking that went into my comment:

Reaction Score
effectivity is just a noun...and is fine to use rather than the adjective.

Many may not be as familiar with that use as old Mirriam Webster is...

Jargon has it's own place....organizations have "styles".

Eg. You would not hold a meeting in government speak. You would conduct a meeting.

Reaction Score
And Tyler Polley is literally 6'9"-6'10" tall.

Polley is 6'9", which you know. He was 6'7", 190 when he was recruited, the exact size as on Karaban's 247 profile. And even if he were two inches taller, that's very obviously not a meaningful difference. Don't be ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Notice how the little dude with the good moves stayed off of the snow!!

Smart kid.. LOL

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't be ridiculous.
^ Ridiculous

This reads like a ham-handed add-on, the kind of thing intended to shut down all further conversation, as though no other possibility is to be tolerated.

You've got your point of view, but not enough authority or power to control the discussion.

I'd say, "Nice try," but it wasn't nice, and it wasn't necessary. It lessens what you wrote, dressed up falsely as strengthening. And if you think that's a dumb thing to say, trust that it's just a boorish mirror.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Correcting grammar brightened your affect this morning....which often will affect your effectivity.

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
I think it's "affects." I rarely correct grammar, mostly because I suck at grammar, but I'm pretty sure on affect vs effect.
Ya know, I debated that, Tom. But I remain committed to the post and my gallows pole lies in waiting just in case.

My comp? Old school Rick Barry.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom