Boneyard Telephone Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Telephone Game

Reaction Score
Karaban's quote...

“I have goals and dreams of winning national championships like Kemba [Walker] did and Emeka [Okafor] did,” Karaban said. “Of course seeing all those NBA draft lottery picks, that’s of course my dream to play in the NBA. I guess walking in there and seeing all the players that went to UConn and you’re in pretty much the same situation as them, it just gives you extra motivation.”

Reaction Score
I’m not sure he’s a shooter. Is he supposed to be? If not, does his game fit for what UCONN needs? I’m honestly surprised at the hype for him after watching his highlights.
You're not sure he is a shooter? Shooter is the first word that comes to mind when I think of this kid and I think most sane people (and possibly some insane) would share that assessment.

Reaction Score
Key points to me were "can shoot" and "most recent".

No doubt he's more recent than Daniels, Robinson and Gay; and, while
Polley's still here, he hasn't shown he can shoot from all levels like Karaban. Plus, Karaban's making three's from all over the floor, even contested, while Polley's more limited in his shot selection.

As is often said, though, we'll see and hopefully we'll see while he's in a UConn uniform.........:)

Reaction Score
I’m not sure he’s a shooter. Is he supposed to be? If not, does his game fit for what UCONN needs? I’m honestly surprised at the hype for him after watching his highlights.
Can he shoot? Lol

Since you've never seen him play you should read up on him. And watch more highlights. Here's some stuff for you. I can't put it all in one post since this site only allows one link in each post.

Northeast power forward Alex Karaban showcases his skillset and feel

The northeast, like the west, has gone largely unseen the past year due to the pandemic shutdowns but Alex Karaban came out this weekend and displayed why high majors are in pursuit. The 6-foot-7, 190-pound forward out of New Hampton (N.H.) School is skilled, tough and has a good feel and IQ for the game.

He has a face-up game to him, can make shots out to three, finishes through contact and is a good passer for the position. Karaban is an impactful glue-guy for the Expressions program and is currently ranked as the No. 126 overall prospect in the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The prestigious Pangos All-American Camp, an invite-only event featuring the top high school prospects in the nation, returned this summer after the 2020 rendition took a different form, due to the pandemic. Pro Insight was on hand to evaluate the event and caught up with Alex Karaban of IMG Academy (FL) and Expressions Elite (MA). Karaban was selected to the Top-30 Cream of the Crop Game and averaged 18.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while making a camp-high 14 three pointers in four games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I’m watching this on my phone and I’m thinking Man, I didn’t know he had a beard…. oh mask.

The thing that leaps off the page to me is how complete his game is. He has a nice little hesitation move on his drive to the basket, he can drive and dish, he can finish around the rim or shoot for three. The more film I watch on this kid the more I want him to play at UConn.

Reaction Score
Polley and Robinson were both definitely a few inches taller than what Karaban is listed.

Daniels is definitely a comp I thought about but body wise he was much more slender and lean than Karaban or Giffey. I see Daniels listed as 6'9" 200 lbs. Karaban is listed as 6'"8 210 and Giffey as 6'7" 205. Daniels and Giffey were so good as interchangeable forwards on 2014.

Rudy is interesting. Obviously a much higher level athlete but he did have the ability to score at all 3 levels. And he does sneak in at the very end of 15 year timeframe being that he finished at UConn at end of '06 season.

I'll let you die on whatever mountain you want on this but I still think Giffey is best most recent UConn comp and JRE of Nova may be best current college player comp in terms of skillset and working the floor.
There's no hill to die on. You're really taking issue with players being an inch taller than Karaban?

You then say Robinson-Earl is his best comp and he's bigger than all the UConn players I named, shot the three worse than all of them, and played center for Nova.

Daniels is a better style of play comparison to how Karaban plays than Giffey or Robinson-Earl from what I've seen. Lydon as Ricker pointed out and Karaban likened his game to seems like maybe the best comparison.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I am officially worried.

”Hoops91” has reviewed his tape and is not impressed.

Does anyone have Danny Hurley’s cell phone number? I need to call him.

Reaction Score
The prestigious Pangos All-American Camp, an invite-only event featuring the top high school prospects in the nation, returned this summer after the 2020 rendition took a different form, due to the pandemic. Pro Insight was on hand to evaluate the event and caught up with Alex Karaban of IMG Academy (FL) and Expressions Elite (MA). Karaban was selected to the Top-30 Cream of the Crop Game and averaged 18.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while making a camp-high 14 three pointers in four games.

It would have felt better if he left this out:

"PI: What is your recruitment update?
AK: I'm always looking at more schools, so I'm very open right now. I have a couple of visits planned right now to Northwestern (official), Penn State (official) and UConn (unofficial) — that's for June. But I'm open to anyone — I'm willing to listen to every school."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In this video from his own mouth made in 2021, he says the best comp for him is Tyler Lydon who he is most compared to. Why don't we just go with his view and move on? Skip needing a UConn player comp everybody agrees with.
As long as it's regarded as a New Hampton player comp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom