Boneyard Poll: Who should be our next men's basketball coach? | The Boneyard

Boneyard Poll: Who should be our next men's basketball coach?

Who does the Boneyard want for UCONN's next Men's Basketball coach?

• Jim Calhoun

• Tom Crean

• Dan Hurley

• Eric Konkol

• Steve Pikiell

• Donyell Marshall

• none of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please give your vote some thought. You can also post write in votes for Pitino, Donovan or Geno, or anyone else for that matter. I used the polls maximum amount of choices.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably Hurley for me, he's shown he can build/rebuild a program. But if what I read in another thread is true about them willing to go after a big name coach with a lot of money, then Billy Donovan if he gets canned. Maybe a long shot there but why not.

Reaction Score
I’m leaning towards Donovan, I like Hurley and Pikiel, but Donovan would bring instant name recognition and recruits to the table. Pikiel bleeds blue and Hurley is a grinder.

Reaction Score
Look guys Donyell still needs to learn his stuff in the coaching world. Hurley would bring us a geographical footprint we are dying for considering recruiting will be tough but he seems to have it nailed down around the area. Pikiell I think realizes Rutgers is a dumpster fire even if LeBron James somehow has eligiblity and joined them lol. I would think Steve would jump ship to Uconn in a heartbeat. That being said I would just narrow it down to Pikiell/Hurley to be realistic. Donovan if he gets let go by OKC would look at the Louisville job if they keep it open for him, and probably isn't interested anyway in revamping UConn.
Hurley also joined Wagner which was a dumpster fire and then jumped to Rhody which was a dumpster fire and now look.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I need a IDK option :)

Reaction Score
Donovan and doc( feeling ray ray with this, to some extent,i don’t know why, but Boston pipeline gets locked up)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hoping for Hurley. Watching Rhode Island for the first time the past two days, his players don't seem super talented (although Matthews is pretty good) but they're well coached. Bring him to a bigger program and hopefully his recruiting will see an uptick.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's a lot of other viable candidates out there....Becker et al

Glad to see Crean only getting one vote so far. One vote too many, but still.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Donovan, if he's actually an option. If not, Hurley, then either Crean or none of the above. I'd love for Calhoun to be involved in the program in an advisory role or talking to players and stuff, but I don't think he's the solution to our coaching woes. He retired years ago because he was ready to move on I assume. If he did come back, who would be the coach in waiting to take over a couple years later? I can't think of anyone worth doing that for, and remember that we are currently replacing the last guy he had in waiting.

Reaction Score
I hope that UConn hires an established search firm to assist it with the search and does not leave the process to the Administration that does not seem to always have the best vision.

In a perfect world I wand Hurley, however I am hearing that Hurley is not inclined to take the UConn job because of the cloud cast by the possibility of loss of scholarships due to NCAA sanctions.

I would attempt to steal Greg Marshall.

I doubt that Steve Pikiell who has things going well at Rutgers would want to leave and start over.

If the Committee moves to the "B List' then I think Mark Schmidt at St. bones, and Tim clues at Iona deserve consideration.

Lets hope things work out and Hurley take the job.

Reaction Score
I’m baffled at how frequently I’ve seen people mention Pitino - that one is a nonstarter for so many reasons. I’m also not entirely sure what people on here see in Pikiell.

Billy Donovan and and Greg Marshall are at the top of my wish list, but I don’t think either option is likely. Hurley seems like a logical match for both sides.

A 75-year-old Calhoun is not what this program needs right now, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t love to see what he could do with a Jalen Adams-led team.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Hobbs w/ Burrell and retain Chillous .
I don't think Donovan will come here.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Donovan wants the job, give it to him.

Everyone else would be a roll of the dice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I suppose Hurley from that list. Watching URI losing right now and I hate his offense. It looks like our offense. The defense is solid though. How did Konkol make the list over guys like Becker at Vermont, Musselman and Kermit Davis. Donyell certainly should not be on the list, nor Pikiell or JC. None are real candidates.

Reaction Score
I suppose Hurley from that list. Watching URI losing right now and I hate his offense. It looks like our offense. The defense is solid though. How did Konkol make the list over guys like Becker at Vermont, Musselman and Kermit Davis. Donyell certainly should not be on the list, nor Pikiell or JC. None are real candidates.

Question is: is he too stubborn to bring in an offensively minded assistant?

One of his offensive problems is that terrell and EC matthews are terrible passers. They're young sophomore guard could be a great player though.

The fact that theyre a top 25 team with one 6'8 guy playing center is amazing.

Reaction Score
In before everyone jumps off the Hurley bandwagon

Reaction Score
Ideal candidate? Billy Donovan and it's not close. Great coach, fantastic recruiter, no baggage.
Likely best/most realistic fit? Hurley. For all that's been said, basically.

If it ended up being Crean it'd feel uninspired, but I really don't hate the idea of him here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom