boneyard Pledge discussion reaches the mothership | The Boneyard

boneyard Pledge discussion reaches the mothership

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Also further confirms that yes, people are reading what gets posted on here.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And that Geno has some history lessons to learn. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One other totally ancillary comment: I think it speaks volumes to KML's maturity that she's trusted to provide a quote on a topic like this as a frosh. Obviously, she was suitably uncontroversial, but that's exactly the point; it is relatively easy to say the wrong thing in this context and have it blow up on you. A lot of programs avoid letting freshmen speak to the media whenever possible, but KML seems well-groomed and highly-trusted.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Also further confirms that yes, people are reading what gets posted on here.
I'm shocked - shocked! - that the media is reading threads here!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
From my viewpoint, what Geno said is the BEST:

Auriemma said he has another idea. He would rather see UConn get rid of guest singers who come in to perform the national anthem. Instead, he said, UConn should have the band play the anthem, while everyone sings along.

The idea that people themselves will sing together is essential...like Sweet Caroline at a Red Sox game. It means so much more when it is truly participatory.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's an AP story that was linked on the ESPN site. Also, it was an AP reporter who raised the issue with Geno at his post-game press conference. We know the AP writer reads the Boneyard!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
From my viewpoint, what Geno said is the BEST:

Auriemma said he has another idea. He would rather see UConn get rid of guest singers who come in to perform the national anthem. Instead, he said, UConn should have the band play the anthem, while everyone sings along.

The idea that people themselves will sing together is essential...like Sweet Caroline at a Red Sox game. It means so much more when it is truly participatory.
I have long suggested on this board that the singing of the anthem at sporting events should never be performances but should instead be sung by those present. At PSU they run the lyrics on the rim video for all to sing and it is great.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked - shocked! - that the media is reading threads here!

Yeah but it's pretty impressive that we've now had 3 newspaper articles THIS WEEK come from this board.

We're pretty damn influential. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul