Boneyard census | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard census

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You guys are really moving the median age downward.

If I moved it down, then you've got a damned old demographic over there.

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised the women's demo isn't older. I think it was 50+ beginning with Rebecca Lobo so 20 years later the average age should be 70+.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised the women's demo isn't older. I think it was 50+ beginning with Rebecca Lobo so 20 years later the average age should be 70+.
It probably is older actually. Just imagine how many of their really old fans don't know how to use a computer...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I already took it on the women's board because I didn't know it would be offered here. I may skew the results towards something more reasonable.

Reaction Score
My God...I'm shocked there are no ads for Depends on the right hand side of my screen.
Not yet ! Wait 'til someone accesses that survey, finds out 80% or so are actually men, and most were AARP-eligible a decade to a few or more ago. Talk about target rich marketing. Another shocker, not a single, as in not even 1, person roots for UConn's football team. Bizarro!

Reaction Score
Gotta love the men's board. Last time I did this it was on a web page I created and someone criticized my wallpaper.

My ability to edit questions is limited so I added an Other - including a combination of UConn teams not offered above then someone can type in what teams are most important to them. Gee, I get to spend more time sorting men's board answers. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me, I'm cranky today and there's no Fecundity Friday for therapeutic purposes.
Just do one survey, right? Answers are answers.

Reaction Score
Another shocker, not a single, as in not even 1, person roots for UConn's football team. Bizarro!

Not correct. Nobody on the women's board is only a fan of football, just like only 1 person on the women's board is only a fan of men's basketball.

Fully 20% of women's board posters are fans of all UConn teams, including football.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not yet ! Wait 'til someone accesses that survey, finds out 80% or so are actually men, and most were AARP-eligible a decade to a few or more ago. Talk about target rich marketing. Another shocker, not a single, as in not even 1, person roots for UConn's football team. Bizarro!
After 293 responses from men's board posters, there are still zero people that say they root for UConn football only.

Reaction Score
Interesting that 80% say they did not attend UConn. Also surprised at the number of women on the BY

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Next time you question why women's basketball isn't a factor in Conference Realignment just refer back to the survey. The Game Show Network has better demos.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
After 293 responses from men's board posters, there are still zero people that say they root for UConn football only.
Well that would make sense since it was posted on the men's bball board.

You could consider changing those to say "Primary rooting interest is". For example, my primary rooting interest is football, followed by MBB. But I stated that I follow all uconn sports because I do (casually). I have annual football season tickets, but I've been to one men's bball game in the past 4 years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well that would make sense since it was posted on the men's bball board.

You could consider changing those to say "Primary rooting interest is". For example, my primary rooting interest is football, followed by MBB. But I stated that I follow all uconn sports because I do (casually). I have annual football season tickets, but I've been to one men's bball game in the past 4 years.
I can't change the questions. If I could, the responses would become meaningless because half the people would be responding to a different question.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps that is driven by the fact that the poll wasn't run on the football board? I know you only have 1000 entries, but the 0 - football only is a sampling artifact. Why would a football only fan be on the WBB or MBB boards?

Maybe next time allocate 333 per board MBB, WBB and Football?

Reaction Score
Perhaps that is driven by the fact that the poll wasn't run on the football board? I know you only have 1000 entries, but the 0 - football only is a sampling artifact. Why would a football only fan be on the WBB or MBB boards?

Maybe next time allocate 333 per board MBB, WBB and Football?

Maybe next time the rooting interest could be a multiple response question, like those with the square boxes. Just check off every team that you root for and it could simplify the question a little bit.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the results after I finished, can someone screenshot it?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Done. Football is number one for me but why would fans be only into one team and why are people concerned that no one is a football only fan?

Yeah, no idea what the issue was there.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I follow everything UConn, MBB is my lifelong passion since the Bob Stack days, but football and WBB get lots of attention

Also keep an eye on baseball, hockey, soccer and any other big event / tournament

I like championships and spotlight

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hope the outliers are people who only follow one team. It would seem normal for a super majority to be fans of multiple teams at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom