Boneyard census | The Boneyard

Boneyard census

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, about 10-15 years ago I did a census of the entire Boneyard that included fans of all UConn teams. I'm going to do this again but with Survey Monkey so I don't spend 10 hours a day tabulating responses via email. I've already surveyed the women's board and cut them off at 500 responses because I paid for an upgrade that limits me to 1000 responses. So, it's your turn. I'll post the results as soon we hit the 1000 limit. Thanks for your participation.

Oh, ignore the "women's board" census title. I only get 1000 responses total no matter how many surveys I do so I have to reuse the existing one. I've downloaded the women's board responses and will separate the men's board ones. It's a pain but I don't feel like spending more $$ on this.

Boneyard census

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Nice. Will be interesting to see the results.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I selected "anyone that has UConn on their jersey" because that's more true than saying I'm just a fan of men's basketball. Inverse to the stereotype demo, the older I get the less I've watched the women (watched a decent amount of Rebecca Lobo, a little less Taurasi, some Maya Moore, almost no Stewi) however I think that's more attributable to the CHB effect (or drop off of TN) than anything else.

Game attendance & viewing, the ratio of Men's basketball to everything else is close to 20-1

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wish there was an option for "Fan of UConn Men's Basketball + UConn Football"

I looked for the same but just chose all in the end. I follow the hockey team some and don't have any problem with women's basketball - I just find the never ending string of 50-60 point blowouts tedious.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I selected "anyone that has UConn on their jersey" because that's more true than saying I'm just a fan of men's basketball. Inverse to the stereotype demo, the older I get the less I've watched the women (watched a decent amount of Rebecca Lobo, a little less Taurasi, some Maya Moore, almost no Stewi) however I think that's more attributable to the CHB effect (or drop off of TN) than anything else.

Game attendance & viewing, the ratio of Men's basketball to everything else is close to 20-1

Same here, I wanted an option like "Primarily a fan of the men's team but keep up to date with the women and watch games here and there"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Surprised someone didn't accuse Nan of being a republican of North Carolina for the gender question options.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gotta love the men's board. Last time I did this it was on a web page I created and someone criticized my wallpaper.

My ability to edit questions is limited so I added an Other - including a combination of UConn teams not offered above then someone can type in what teams are most important to them. Gee, I get to spend more time sorting men's board answers. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me, I'm cranky today and there's no Fecundity Friday for therapeutic purposes.

Reaction Score
So, about 10-15 years ago I did a census of the entire Boneyard that included fans of all UConn teams. I'm going to do this again but with Survey Monkey so I don't spend 10 hours a day tabulating responses via email. I've already surveyed the women's board and cut them off at 500 responses because I paid for an upgrade that limits me to 1000 responses. So, it's your turn. I'll post the results as soon we hit the 1000 limit. Thanks for your participation.

Oh, ignore the "women's board" census title. I only get 1000 responses total no matter how many surveys I do so I have to reuse the existing one. I've downloaded the women's board responses and will separate the men's board ones. It's a pain but I don't feel like spending more $$ on this.

Boneyard census
done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Those are the big two for me, but I like to see the women do well, soccer, baseball, hockey now...all of it.

Survey done. Glad I'm still barely in the 40-49 age bracket.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You guys are really moving the median age downward.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
You guys are really moving the median age downward.
Just took a look at the numbers you posted over on the women's board. I knew a majority of women's fans are old, but the numbers are really staggering when you look at them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom