Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Can we get back kras, nyhuskyfan, AussieCuz & Rabid ... at the waiver wire. I’d clearly push out 4 to-be-named11.

Thank you. I AM certain I read every post back then.

I think nyhuskyfan is here under a different name.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think nyhuskyfan is hear under a different name.

I thought you were in education. Here not hear

I’ve filleted the PR from nyhuskyfan☀️ All steps of his career. His school is always amongst my favorite - including their Women’s Soccer Team.

아멘입니다

Reaction Score
Can we get back kras, nyhuskyfan, AussieCuz & Rabid
When Justin Brown crashed and burned I think AussieCuz lost his standing and interest in the 'Yard. Great guy though, loves his Red Sox. Grrrrrr!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I thought you were in education. Here not hear

I’ve filleted the PR from nyhuskyfan☀️ All steps of his career. His school is always amongst my favorite - including their Women’s Soccer Team.

아멘입니다

I use the voice thing on my iPad. Don't get around to correcting errors right away.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
When Justin Brown crashed and burned I think AussieCuz lost his standing and interest in the 'Yard. Great guy though, loves his Red Sox. Grrrrrr!

Didn't cuz die?

Reaction Score
Of course we need to HIGHLIGHT this one from a Syracuse fan in May 1998

“First off, I'm glad Hamilton is staying. I say that more as a Big East fan than a Huskie fan, of course. I mean, our league needs to keep all of its top players for as long as possible. Second, have any of you considered the amount of pressure this will bring to bear on the program? Now that Hamilton's staying, I'm hearing a lot if "Final Four" talk as if it's a given. That's a mistake. Fact is, pressure like that that can do a lot of funny things to even the most talented of teams. Calhoun MUST get the job done, or get close to getting it done, IMO, if he is ever to be considered among the games better coaches. If you guys ever field a better team than the one you'll have next year, well, congratulations. I'm not predicting a complete blowup or anything, but I do think that expectations have a way of getting in the way of reality. Thoughts? “

Yup

I have thoughts. Hehehehe

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I read one post trashing Moore. That probably why the poster disappeared in shame.

Of course we need to HIGHLIGHT this one from a Syracuse fan in May 1998

“First off, I'm glad Hamilton is staying. I say that more as a Big East fan than a Huskie fan, of course. I mean, our league needs to keep all of its top players for as long as possible. Second, have any of you considered the amount of pressure this will bring to bear on the program? Now that Hamilton's staying, I'm hearing a lot if "Final Four" talk as if it's a given. That's a mistake. Fact is, pressure like that that can do a lot of funny things to even the most talented of teams. Calhoun MUST get the job done, or get close to getting it done, IMO, if he is ever to be considered among the games better coaches. If you guys ever field a better team than the one you'll have next year, well, congratulations. I'm not predicting a complete blowup or anything, but I do think that expectations have a way of getting in the way of reality. Thoughts? “

Yup

I have thoughts. Hehehehe

Reaction Score
Didn't cuz die?
Ha ha. Nope. Still alive and well.
cuzlouie.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I use the voice thing on my iPad. Don't get around to correcting errors right away.
The image of you talking Boneyard posts into your iPad amuses me. Not sure why. Maybe because I picture you animated and pacing as you do it.

Reaction Score
There's a few of these handles on the board. @mauconnfan aka Mau is actually Mass-UConn-fan not a tribute to the Chinese chairman
I seriously just assumed he lived in Maui.
I'm going to keep thinking that - it's a much better image.

Reaction Score
I clicked onto one link and it mentioned that Dirk Nowitzki was staying in the NBA Draft. I feel like I'm 90.
Wait til you get to feeling like you're 120, youngster. Lol.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I guess was here in May of 98 when the wayback machine discovered the 'yard.
It was great reading some of the old names. Really miss nyhuskyfan and AussieCuz. Both were clever, and nyhuskyfan in particular was among the more insightful posters on the board. Miss SuzyQ, too, despite her orange leanings.

Was funny though to see a Bobby Hurley mention in a recruiting thread from may of 98.
Josh Moore

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Joined in the Scout days under the handle DConn. When the platform changed to rivals I was unable to retain it; but I have never seen a DConn post since then. My girls had given me a UConn men's championship CT license plate for Father's day -EWEKON. So that's how this one came about.

Holy cow...I remember DConn. Hated that guy.

Anyway, I stumbled in here November, 1998 as the swell was getting bigger for that eventual 77-74!!!!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think I was lurking on the Yard mostly at that time, but using BigEast.org message boards to post back in '98.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
View attachment 33513

The attached images are reversed because the stickers were designed for placement inside the car window. They are unused extras. I can guess, but don't know: When we're they issued?

At Tom's behest, I designed and had printed the 77-74 sticker starting immediately after the game. I think they were available in May of 99. I still have one on each of my cars.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am on that page under a different name. I personally liked the old Courant and Big East boards where the moderating was nonexistent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom