Boise State game on ABC | The Boneyard

Boise State game on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Hey any national exposure is good exposure right?

Reaction Score
well we cannot argue that we do not get exposure from ESPN.

Reaction Score
Guess that's a positive, but "Why would ABC choose the UCONN-Boise State game to broadcast?" I mean other than possible CR conspiracy theories, and focused more on actual general viewership interest.

Reaction Score
We need all the positives we can get. I think college football is top heavy this year with four or five elite teams and ABC has to fill in the time slot with something and we are it. Any elite game
will be late in the afternoon or evening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guess that's a positive, but "Why would ABC choose the UCONN-Boise State game to broadcast?" I mean other than possible CR conspiracy theories, and focused more on actual general viewership interest.

By contract they owe a certain number of games on ABC. This a a chance to burn one and show it to two cities on ABC while everyone else gets a different game.

Reaction Score
By contract they owe a certain number of games on ABC. This a a chance to burn one and show it to two cities on ABC while everyone else gets a different game.

and everyone else can still see the game on ESPN2.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Of course it is....

I hope Casey gets cleared early tomorrow morning.
If our team is truly trashed after 3 years of the walking dead coaching it, why would Cochran taking 51% of the snaps make much of a difference?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I won't bore you with a typical '97 "We'll beat them by 40." But I will offer you this:

1) If we lose on national tv, what have we changed about the current perception of UConn football? I'd argue, "Not much."
2) If we beat Boise on national tv, what have we changed about the current perception of UConn football? I'd argue, "A lot."

I'm grateful we're being given the chance to change our perception on national tv, and I'll be there to try to help make it happen...

Reaction Score
If our team is truly trashed after 3 years of the walking dead coaching it, why would Cochran taking 51% of the snaps make much of a difference?

Because that's only 49% of the snaps that CW would take?

I'm rooting for the kid like anyone but it's gotten painful to watch him constantly struggle. Our offense scored 1 TD and 2 FG at home against a mediocre FCS team. If CC is healthy enough it couldn't hurt to throw him back in the QB mix vs. Boise.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Because that's only 49% of the snaps that CW would take?

I'm rooting for the kid like anyone but it's gotten painful to watch him constantly struggle. Our offense scored 1 TD and 2 FG at home against a mediocre FCS team. If CC is healthy enough it couldn't hurt to throw him back in the QB mix vs. Boise.
I'm kind of hoping CC was held out to let CW have one final shot of proving himself against a weak opponent. But if we're going with the platoon again, I can only believe the coaching staff thinks they're pretty much even.

Reaction Score
competentam is truly trashed after 3 years of the walking dead coaching it, why would Cochran taking 51% of the snaps make much of a difference?
I believe this team will compete if we get competent and consistent QB play. I believe Casey is our best shot at finding both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom