Boise St. Prediction Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boise St. Prediction Poll

Will UCONN beat Boise St. on Saturday?

• Heck Yeah! We are UCONN and we are winners!

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • NO! I've seen nothing to indicate we can win. (We're doomed!)

Votes: 56 42.1%
  • Only if Casey is healthy and plays the WHOLE game.

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Only if we burn Boyle's redshirt and he plays the WHOLE game.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I'm too depressed to answer this question right now...

Votes: 32 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Travel doesn't affect good teams that much. Didn't affect BYU at all, and they were missing starters.

Some commentators has referenced BS as a "national program" and it wouldn't hurt P5 strength of schedule if they lost to them.

Right now UC is not a "two dimensional team", and its not a good "one dimensional team". A 1-aa team exposed how to shut UC down. Ten men on the line, QB/receiver play not good.

BS ------ 42
UC------ 9

Reaction Score
Hello UConn fans. I'm not here to make a prediction as much as I am to ask for help and advice. I am flying in for the game with my Brother-in-law late Friday night. We are staying at a motel near the airport and are thinking about going back to the airport Sat. morning and renting a car for the day. We checked on a Taxi and it was $150.00 round trip from the motel and back after the game. My questions are about parking at the game, time from the airport, easiest route to the Rent and any other helpful advice offered. We plan on arriving early at the game as half the fun of College Football is meeting and talking football with the fans of the team you are playing. We are looking forward to a great game (no injuries) and a great experience. Thanks for any help.
Hope you enjoy our stadium. You are going to go 91 south to 84 east. There will be signs for Rentchler Field. It'll take about 30min from the airport. Parking is good at the Aircraft Club across the street from the stadium. $15 and usually has a lot of visiting team fans in it. Very easy to get out of and back to the highway too. If you park at the stadium it will cost you $20 and be more of a line to get to the highway after.
Either way, they are both good options. I would definitely rent a car instead of $150 for a cab. Parking lots open 4 hours before game time.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hello UConn fans. I'm not here to make a prediction as much as I am to ask for help and advice. I am flying in for the game with my Brother-in-law late Friday night. We are staying at a motel near the airport and are thinking about going back to the airport Sat. morning and renting a car for the day. We checked on a Taxi and it was $150.00 round trip from the motel and back after the game. My questions are about parking at the game, time from the airport, easiest route to the Rent and any other helpful advice offered. We plan on arriving early at the game as half the fun of College Football is meeting and talking football with the fans of the team you are playing. We are looking forward to a great game (no injuries) and a great experience. Thanks for any help.

Safe travels and you will be welcomed by most of our 13000 fans! :)

Enjoy the tailgate - it will be a great experience. Mingle around the stadium Blue and Grey lots - fans will be impressed your traveled and will offer you food as they understand it is hard for you to bring a tailgate.
Gates open 4 hours before kickoff - I guess that is like 5am your time!!

Reaction Score

There are several choices of where you can stay. A rental car is probably a good idea. Not sure what your budget is, but best place to stay, if you simply want to get in and out of the game location wise, is probably, the Ramada Inn in East Hartford. Its about a 20-30 minute drive from Bradley airport, probably less. With a rental car, you're about about 5-10 minute drive max from the stadium parking lots there, just need to get across the highway. On site, at the stadium, you'd be directed toward Red Lots/general parking which is a bit of walk, from the car to the stadium, but may be worth it, just to walk through the tailgates. Not sure what they charge these days for general parking. There are few places, immediately off site where you can park as well. There is something called the Aero Lot, as well as lots of people use their front lawns for parking!!

No matter where you park, you will be walking through tailgates to get to the stadium. Avoid drunken college students with beer muscles. Otherwise, the majority of people you find will be happy to meet you and give you some grub and drink for making the trip from Idaho, to get spanked by the Huskies!!

Reaction Score
If you feel like staying in downtown Hartford, there is the Bradley Flyer which is a bus that runs hourly from Bradley airport to downtown Hartford for only $1.50. You can get a cab to the stadium and it's only 10 minutes across the river. Lot's of great restaurants in Hartford.
Bradley Flyer

Reaction Score
Should've had one more option on the pole. We show improvement from weeks 1 and 2 but fall short...
That's the best option for the way we are playing right now. As much as I want them to look like worldbeaters, even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see that's currently not the case. We're learning on the job right now... Just want to continue to see us get better... Better line play on both sides of the ball, better execution on blocking, better pass rush on the ends, better man coverage in our secondary... better LB play... just see overall improvement as a team... Boise St, as constructed, if they played Stony Brook last week, they'd have put up 40-50 points. no doubt in my mind... We gotta get better...

Reaction Score
Cody J, Bonehead, Carl Spackler, and Bezzz, Thank you for all of your information and suggestions. You have given my wife complete assurance we can make it to and from the game and not get lost. The tailgating sounds like a great experience and nothing better than talking football. On a side note, I just read on another thread that your starting qb is having to give up football due to concussions. That really sucks because from what I read, he is a really good kid but as most UConn fans posted, quality of life is a lot higher up the ladder than a football game. Best of luck to Casey, his family and hisUConn family and fans.

Reaction Score
This is indeed a sad day for UCONN football. Since the majority of people who thought we had a chance to win thought our only chance was with Casey, this is rough. Being a UCONN fan right now feels an awful lot like being a Mets fan.

Trying to keep my chin up and hope alive.

Reaction Score
Hope you enjoy our stadium. You are going to go 91 south to 84 east. There will be signs for Rentchler Field. It'll take about 30min from the airport. Parking is good at the Aircraft Club across the street from the stadium. $15 and usually has a lot of visiting team fans in it. Very easy to get out of and back to the highway too. If you park at the stadium it will cost you $20 and be more of a line to get to the highway after.
Either way, they are both good options. I would definitely rent a car instead of $150 for a cab. Parking lots open 4 hours before game time.
All good advice. For parking at Bradley, try Executive Valet.

Reaction Score
I am not optimistic that we can win, but there are things that can be improved (realistically) to give us a chance.
D was good last week, but the no-crease defense seems to have some big creases. DBs need improvement on reading the play and reacting to shut down receivers and get a pick or 2.

QB - needs to find the open receivers if the box is packed again. Long, screen, TE 5 yard toss. Make them pay. Great hookup to Davis for the TD last week wwith double cover (if I recall correctly). That one was a great throw as wall as nice catch. Chandler is capable. He needs to find receivers and they need to complete their routes.

Rb's. Please no red zone fumbles. If we can take the pressure off with some easy passing run can be really good.

Special teams great play last week. Keep it up and hope Boise out kicks their coverage.

Reaction Score
If Casey is healthy let him play. Put him in the shotgun once in awhile and let him check-off at the line if they're bringing pressure. That might give us a better shot with him surveying the field and spreading things out. We need to be open to change until our o-line shows us something consistently.

Otherwise it's 27-17 Broncs.

I'm going with the otherwise given the tragic circumstances. Even that's optimistic.

Reaction Score
hmm looks like Boise is only favored by 14 or 16 points according to some sites? I would have thought it'd be 21. If we don't turn the ball over, continue to play great defense (obi needs to play better), davis continues to dominate, we actually start blitzing and sacking the QB, newsome and marriner rush for a combined 150 yards, special teams plays great--call my crazy, but I think we would have a shot at winning the game

Reaction Score
Boise 27
UConn 13. It will be our highers output on offense so far this year. I don't see us being able to score any points against a decent team, and our pass defense is not very good. Imagine if we didn't have the best corner in the country and the best safety Diaco has ever seen.

Reaction Score
Boise 27
UConn 13. It will be our highers output on offense so far this year. I don't see us being able to score any points against a decent team, and our pass defense is not very good. Imagine if we didn't have the best corner in the country and the best safety Diaco has ever seen.

I would agree that I was expecting better coverage from this group, but don't you think the lack of pressure has contributed? Without a push in the first 2 games, the opposing QB has had too much time. You cant ask the secondary to cover that long. Also, the scheme we are playing is leaving a lot of room 10-15 yards from the line of scrimmage. It's more than jut 2 guys who need to step up.

Reaction Score
stinger,
I don't disagree. Our pass rush has not been effective. But I don't think those guys in the secondary have been exceptional either. Sad to say, but to me this team feels very much like year 3.5 of Paul Pasqualoni. Indecisivness regarding the quarterback, indecisivenss regarding running backs, no running game, lack of push from the offensive side of the football, no pass rush to speak of, mistakes all over the place in critical situations defensively, lack of, well I don't really know what to call it but, killer instinct isn't right, but not trying to drive late in the 1st half in the BYU game, kicking the field goal, lack of urgency on offense in the 4th quarter. No particular imagination on offense...I was excited when Diaco was announced. I didn't expect miracles-- But I guess I expected to beat the heck out of the likes of Stony Brook. I hoped we could get to 6-6. Now I think matching last year's 3-9 might be a stretch. I was really wanting to see signs of hope out there, more than anything. The model in my mind was Adazzio, who came into an equally bleak situation and made progress last year. I just don't see it here. Maybe we were in a much worse situation, though it is hard to even fathom that things at UConn were that much worse than things in BC under Spaz. Its early yet and things might turn around yet. But it sure doesn't feel that way to me. We were played even up by a decidedly average FCS team last weekend. If not for a couple of strange plays (they had a 1st down inside the 10 called back on their field goal, for example. the refs had already moved the chains when holding call was either made or noticed...poor job by the refs) we could have lost. Maybe a step back was necessary and next year will be the year we start recovery.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Huskies 77
Duke Boise State 74
C'mon. they aren't playing Arena football!!

UConn - 60
Kentucky Boise St. - 54

sounds about right.

Reaction Score
UConn.....21
BSU.........17

Defense comes up huge, Boyle does enough game management to get the job done, and special teams puts UConn in good positions all day.

Reaction Score
Good Morning UConn fans,
We are getting ready to leave for Boise. We are about 80 miles away. Again, thank you for all the game day help. We are looking forward to a great experience. My only prediction for the game is that if its close going into the 4th quarter, it could be a long flight home. I'm sure you have noticed, our secondary is pretty beat up and we only seem to play 3 quarters. I don't have an answer to that. Anyway, see you all soon.

APA

Reaction Score
Going to put money on Boise to cover. Which will probably ensure that they won't.

Reaction Score
Boise St. 30
UConn- 17

I think UConn continues to get better. Hopefully that let Boyle loose and come to the realization that he has been harboring some serious skill, acquired knowledge and maturity from this time last year. I think we are in it for 3 quarters. Then we fade into the peripheral darkness for another night despite seeing the glimmering hope of light yonder. It's coming though. The process takes time. Rome wasn't built in a 6 month period. We will see a much better team from top to bottom come the second half of the year. Leaving us saying for next year "when in Rome".........(I guess I don't get when to use that phrase)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think the only way UConn wins this one is winning the turnover margin by 2 or 3 with one of said turnovers going for a touchdown. I picked Boise to hang over 30 on UConn but they are far from a great team so anything can happen. Good yes, great no.

Disclaimer: I always become more optimistic as the game draws near. Then at kickoff I revert back to ultimate pessimism.

Reaction Score
Boise St. 30
UConn- 17

I think UConn continues to get better. Hopefully that let Boyle loose and come to the realization that he has been harboring some serious skill, acquired knowledge and maturity from this time last year. I think we are in it for 3 quarters. Then we fade into the peripheral darkness for another night despite seeing the glimmering hope of light yonder. It's coming though. The process takes time. Rome wasn't built in a 6 month period. We will see a much better team from top to bottom come the second half of the year. Leaving us saying for next year "when in Rome"....(I guess I don't get when to use that phrase)
I keep reading people saying stuff about UConn continuing to get better. I guess you could make a case that the defense played better against Stony Brook than it did against BYU, but I'm not sure you'd be right given the difference in quality of the 2 teams. The offense was in my view significantly worse. I mean 15 first downs, under 250 yards total offense...against Stony Brook??? Sombody point me to where we "got better" please.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I keep reading people saying stuff about UConn continuing to get better. I guess you could make a case that the defense played better against Stony Brook than it did against BYU, but I'm not sure you'd be right given the difference in quality of the 2 teams. The offense was in my view significantly worse. I mean 15 first downs, under 250 yards total offense...against Stony Brook??? Sombody point me to where we "got better" please.
Only justification was playing without the best QB on the team. But the inability to run at all was more than alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom