Boise Says 'i Do'... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boise Says 'i Do'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'd feel better about the conference if we finally cut ties with the hoops schools and moved forward with a all sports 14 or 16 team East/West alignment. Staying attached to the bb onlies is only going to foster bad memories, bad feelings and will always be susceptible to fracturing again. If AFA and Navy were a part of that in FB only, I guess I'd be amenable to that.

Reaction Score
Brian McMurphy of Idaho Statesman. com said the following in an interview on Sirius this morning:

1. Boise has been told by the Big East the new tv deal will pay football only schools $8-10M maybe $12M / year
2.Boise wants Big East because Big East has AQ status and there's no mechanism is place to take it away vs Mountain West ever receiving one
3. Air Force Academy is #1 option for Boise's western partner, but there's "a lot of resistance" by Air Force. 1A would be BYU and San Diego State would take the invite in a second

http://twitter.com/#!/murphsturph

Reaction Score
The Big East shouldn't endure. The Big East composition should be revisited every contract renewal and the conference should take a 'best of the rest' mentality and openly embrace having football-only or basketball-only members as a wonderful and distinctive part of its culture.

The BE should pride itself as having a formal divestiture policy to identify teams most likely to be replaced in the next contract negotiations and reduce the voting privileges of the at-risk teams accordingly as contract decisions near.
The facts are that the expenses for traveling, if Boise State and Houston and SMU and others became all sports and we divested ourselves of the basketball schools, would be astronomical. For baseball, soccer, field hockey and other teams to have to travel to these remote schools would add bukka bucks to the expenditures of our sports teams. Totally unrealistic. Traveling to ACC schools would be substantially less costly and much more realistic. In theory, it does seem that the "football" schools and "basketball" schools should have their own conferences but it wouldn't hold up in the "real world".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom