Bogaerts to be called up today | The Boneyard

Bogaerts to be called up today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it looks Bogaerts is getting the call today. There were rumors Middlebrooks
was working out at first. But with the next 6 in a NL park I assume Ortiz will see sometime at first. I will be interested to see what the plan is.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/b...-man-cometh-why-red-sox-are-giving-xander-bog
It's an interesting problem with both Drew and Middlebrooks playing better recently. Personally, I think it would be a mistake to put Middlebrooks at first. I have always felt that first base is an important defensive position. Good first basemen make the whole infield better and save a lot of runs. I guess I'd prefer to see a rotation where all three play depending on whose pitching. Drew is a left-handed hitter who struggles against lefties. Down the road, if he learns the position, I would have no problem with Middlebrooks at first as long as he can lay off breaking balls off the plate.

Reaction Score
It's an interesting problem with both Drew and Middlebrooks playing better recently. Personally, I think it would be a mistake to put Middlebrooks at first. I have always felt that first base is an important defensive position. Good first basemen make the whole infield better and save a lot of runs. I guess I'd prefer to see a rotation where all three play depending on whose pitching. Drew is a left-handed hitter who struggles against lefties. Down the road, if he learns the position, I would have no problem with Middlebrooks at first as long as he can lay off breaking balls off the plate.

Napoli supposedly has a case of plantar fasciitis. Doesn't say if they're DLing him.

Reaction Score
Napoli has a case of "we need to get this blackhole strikeout factory inning killer" out of our lineup.

Reaction Score
If you look at his career, this is a typical season for Mike Napoli. Except for 2011 when he became Mike Trout at the plate (I'm sure Mau has a theory on this), he has been a .250 hitter with a ton of K's. The Sox are lucky that they are not stuck with him for three years. He has played a surprisingly good first base but he does not provide enough offense for that position. I don't see him coming back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom