Boeheim's such a tool. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boeheim's such a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doyle's as much of a tool as Boeheim, but the latter bit hook, line, and sinker. The Q&A prompted almost as much of a chuckle as waking up in Asia this morning to learn Syracuse lost.

Later in the morning, some random Michigan fan sporting a big maize M hat passed by in my hotel restaurant. When I commented I heard Michigan beat Syracuse, surely he had no idea why I laughed. Go Maize!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Nobody who plans to retire, or plans to return, has ever answered the question as Boeheim did in the interview. Calhoun included.

My guess is Boeheim wants to return if conditions are favorable. He seems to believe this may not be the case.

I like the guy, and respect what he's done to attract recruits, and succeed in that frozen wasteland. But I think he's gone.

Doyel is a tool. His question however was innocuous and proper and asked of a million other people who handled it with grace.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
since I despise the press, and I despise Doyle, I actually side with JB on this one

it's the press trying to create a story, and JB never said he's even considering it. Just internet rumors have said such, and they're BS far more often than not

although I think a better response would be "I'm coming back, next question". That would have burst Doyle's bubble. Instead he fed the man
You are right - all Beoheim had to do was answer the question which he refused to do. Instead he acted like a 10 year old child and looked like an idiot. So glad Syracuse lost.

Reaction Score
.....he got another shot in on the AAC in regards to not retiring yet......he's turned into the same person as his "fans" - like they all have this huge jealousy of UConn and can't stop thinking about them! It's laughable........"...there's more BE teams in the ACC than the AAC.." Why would he even say that?

Someone asked him whether or not he wanted to see a all Big East final on Monday night. He gave a typical long winded and whiny Jimmy Booger response in explaining how being in the finals with Louisville wouldn't mean much and how he had no more attachments to the Big East because it was not the same conference. Ask the guy one simple question and he starts running marathons with his mouth.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Coach Calhoun's back and forth with Ken Krayeske. Just answer the question or say you are not answering the question.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
since I despise the press, and I despise Doyle, I actually side with JB on this one

it's the press trying to create a story, and JB never said he's even considering it. Just internet rumors have said such, and they're BS far more often than not

although I think a better response would be "I'm coming back, next question". That would have burst Doyle's bubble. Instead he fed the man
I think it is a fair question and agree that JB should have given a short flat answer and then just move on the next question. Then again, Jim Calhoun would have been wise to do the same several times and his career.

BTW he takes a veiled shot at Calhoun later by saying "I'd never be one of those guys who will say I'll think about it and tell you later."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Coach Calhoun's back and forth with Ken Krayeske. Just answer the question or say you are not answering the question.
yep

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim is the Amalgamation of the Syracuse fan base in human form, kind of like Golem, the Jewish mud monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I really hope that he just retires and falls out of the public eye for good.
He should have retired in shame in 2003, but instead, under his direction or at least complicity, SU hires a law firm to investigate the allegations against Bernie Fine, while, of course, keeping the story absolutely silent in the press.
The investigation finds no credible evidence but data revealed in the last year (which should have been available then) is called very credible by the Chief of Police, who states that charges would have been pursued against Fine, if the statute of limitations had not expired (but were not expired in 2003). Fine is fired based on the evidence but JB berates the victims as liars and states he knows nothing about it.
Please take your amoral, pedophile-enabling carcass and just go away JB!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JB is not helping Cuse by being antagonistic to the press! Any upcoming investigation by the NCAA over allegations of abuse will be propelled to the public by the people who he is alienating. This was JC's greatest flaw. Not shmoozing with the press. He's doing a much better job now that he's retired.

I don't care for Doyel one bit. But if the Cuse program can take a major hit in the future, it can only be a benefit for UConn when it comes to recruiting and CR. And that, for me is the most important factor in deciding which of the tools I'm rooting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom