OT: - Boeheim Bashing Akinjo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boeheim Bashing Akinjo

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Of course joking. But intentionally or unintentionally his comments helps Ewing. That along with Georgetown’s winning is important for the BE and by extension UConn.

The last thing UConn needed going into the BE next year is a severely hemorrhaging Georgetown. Boeheim gives credibility to Ewing and national attention to the situation. Ewing just got a recruiting boost.
AND Ewing gives credibility to the Georgetown program. They've already used up JT3. Who else can they call upon to remind people that once upon a time Gerogetown hoops meant something nationally.

Reaction Score
Agreed it's idiotic but McClung is better than Akinjo, IMO.

move been watching them a lot this year and I really liked his team. I’d say they were equally as good. Both a lot of good and some bad decisions. I was thinking we were gonna have some real wars with them in the near future. Ewing has recruited nicely.....well had.

Reaction Score
If people weren't so sensitive people we'd hear coaches speak the truth much more often. Nothing that Boeheim said was untrue.
No way I’ve watched him a lot because he committed to us first and I really like his game. Some bad decisions but he’s early in his sophomore year. And he wasn’t Big East FOY for nothing

Reaction Score
Prayers to you and your wife...and Kudos to you for being a stellar example of a true lifetime partner. Did your neighbor ever display some compassion after being called out on local TV?
No, he did not. He actually tried to say he was the reason the charges were dropped. And they couldn't do it without his approval. When I spoke with the DA, she was very clear that she had not spoken with him, and agreed to drop the charges and even go before the judge on my behalf so I did not have to make a second appearance.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If people weren't so sensitive people we'd hear coaches speak the truth much more often. Nothing that Boeheim said was untrue.
I don't believe that it's due one arguable casting of the word "sensitive," and there's nothing wrong with a truer and less politicized version of the word.

On the other hand, if you're arguing in favor of candor over propriety, that's a another matter. Reasonable people can disagree, and adults can accept the consequences of whatever choice they make without the need to make other choices wrong.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I don't believe that it's due one arguable casting of the word "sensitive," and there's nothing wrong with a truer and less politicized version of the word.

On the other hand, if you're arguing in favor of candor over propriety, that's a another matter. Reasonable people can disagree, and adults can accept the consequences of whatever choice they make without the need to make other choices wrong.

ok hans

Reaction Score

Jim Boeheim bashing players. A tradition like no other.

He's a Grade-A dirtbag, but that doesn't mean he's wrong here. Something was off this year with Akinjo and McClung in that backcourt. This looks like a classic addition-by-subtraction situation. Right now they don't have the bodies , but its likely they're a better team then they were before.

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch any Georgetown games this year but I did see them last year and akinjo was great and played like a warrior. Maybe he just had a bad start to the season?

Reaction Score
He's a Grade-A dirtbag, but that doesn't mean he's wrong here. Something was off this year with Akinjo and McClung in that backcourt. This looks like a classic addition-by-subtraction situation. Right now they don't have the bodies , but its likely they're a better team then they were before.

Reaction Score
Has Boeheim watched his son play lately? Dude is out of touch with reality at this point

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wish he could come back, he's gonna be a really good upperclassman.

Reaction Score
2C342645-64C6-4E3A-B330-EF045462C6C4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Back in the Ewing years, everyone(almost)hated Georgetown. To me, from my perspective, race was an element. Remember John Thompson played with Bill Russell. There were fans holding signs saying "Patrick can't read" because he had requests when being recruited for a tutor and other such things. (sounds like he wanted to go to class and do well in school). Georgetown also went a few years with no white players although they did recruit them. Anyone, Ewing has turned out to be a pretty decent guy. Learning initially under JT, I would imagine he is hard on his players. Many of todays kids won't go for that. I wish him success against everyone but UConn.

When they finally added a white player, he must have been in the witness protection program because he was the only one without his name on his jersey.

Reaction Score
Nothing what The Picker said was true at all. Gtown is no where better without Akinjo. JB thinks he is doing Ewing a favor a nd that is stupid. Ewing is to Gtown as JC is to UConn times 3. The Picker is starting to lose his mind and it is showing through his words all year. This Syracuse team couldn't beat Gtown before or now - I wouldn't doubt it if Cuse wins less than 4 ACC games this year
And this is not from a so sensitive perspective as per polycom - it comes from watching Akinjo play many times - maybe those who want to think what the Picker says as being true comes at that via a bias because Akinjo was a KO recruit

Most people felt the team would fall apart when Akinjo and the others left the team, but look at the results since they left: beat OK St on the road by seven, beat SMU on the road by 17 and handily beat Syracuse at home today.
Those who thought (me among them) that Ewing was just a figurehead might just be proven wrong. I thought he'd lose the team after the defections, but it looks as if they've rallied and are making him look good.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So Boehiem thinks that Syracuse would beat the team they just lost to if the other teams best player played? Lmao

They were awful, they're better now, even I can see that. I'm actually somewhat surprised by the end result

Sometimes it's about chemistry

Sometimes there literally is addition by subtraction

Reaction Score
So Boehiem thinks that Syracuse would beat the team they just lost to if the other teams best player played? Lmao
His point was if a player is cancerous to the team and doesn’t listen to the coach then no matter talent level the team is better off without them

Reaction Score
They were awful, they're better now, even I can see that. I'm actually somewhat surprised by the end result

Sometimes it's about chemistry

Sometimes there literally is addition by subtraction

And sometimes someone other than the guy who was a 36% shooter from 2 takes those 6 shots per game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Akinjo wasn’t in the ballpark of their best player this year.

Reaction Score
When they finally added a white player, he must have been in the witness protection program because he was the only one without his name on his jersey.
Yikes...You do realize Craig Esherick played for John Thompson, was Thompson's assistant for nearly 20 years, and then hand picked by Thompson to be Georgetown's head coach?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom